Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards; Live Viewing Thread
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:07 AM (24,537 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Carmi
Jun 16 2013, 06:23 PM
I've been out of the soap loop for quite some time now, but I definitely think Ari should/will win. What was JMW reel?
Her and Liam are on location somewhere and she gives him signed divorce papers and they end up talking and laughing. He rips them up and they kiss and laugh. Its pretty good. She's a LEAD ACTRESS on that show so she might be tough to beat.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Predictions:

Susan Flannery - Lead Actress (I say she should win)
Jason Thompson - Lead Actor (Peter Bergman SHOULD win)
Arianne Zucker - Supporting Actress (I say she should win)
Billy Miller - Supporting Actor (Pretty weak category, I guess he should win..)
Kristen Alderson - Younger Actress (Jacqueline Macinnes Wood SHOULD win)
Chandler Massey - Younger Actor (And he better win!)

Carmi

DiMeraFan67
Jun 16 2013, 06:24 PM
Carmi
Jun 16 2013, 06:23 PM
I've been out of the soap loop for quite some time now, but I definitely think Ari should/will win. What was JMW reel?
Her and Liam are on location somewhere and she gives him signed divorce papers and they end up talking and laughing. He rips them up and they kiss and laugh. Its pretty good. She's a LEAD ACTRESS on that show so she might be tough to beat.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I just got up on the scenes from Steffy's miscarriage and the aftermath. She's got some good material for next year as well.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am tired of seeing Rachel Ray. Talk to someone else!

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 16 2013, 06:37 PM

Yeah, let's talk to some SOAP people. We don't watch these award shows for the talk shows.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kathy Griffin has always gotten on my nerves.

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Jun 16 2013, 06:38 PM
Angie79

Yeah, let's talk to some SOAP people. We don't watch these award shows for the talk shows.
I was saying the same thing! I wanna see some soap people, not these talk show people. It's all :blah:

Will&Sonny

ohgreatone22
Jun 16 2013, 06:41 PM
throughthehourglass
Jun 16 2013, 06:38 PM
Angie79

I was saying the same thing! I wanna see some soap people, not these talk show people. It's all :blah:
Agreed, but did we really expect anything more? I know that I didn't.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 16 2013, 06:39 PM
Kathy Griffin has always gotten on my nerves.
Your not alone!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Woke up in time even when I didn't think I would.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

Ugh, now they're talking to Kris Jenner.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Gross... Someone from the Kardashian family. GO AWAY.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Last years pre-show was much better and 99% soap based. This is not a good sign. Looks like we're taking a step backwards.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kris Jenner looks like shit.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

ohgreatone22
Jun 16 2013, 06:45 PM
Ugh, now they're talking to Kris Jenner.
I hate that she's getting her own daytime show. I bet Lindsey Lohan's Mom is pissed at the fact though!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 16 2013, 06:46 PM
Last years pre-show was much better and 99% soap based. This is not a good sign. Looks like we're taking a step backwards.
I think we should have picked up on that memo when they shut out so much soap press.

Will&Sonny

DiMeraFan67
Jun 16 2013, 06:46 PM
Interesting. I don't remember last year's pre-show, so I probably missed it. As I said earlier, I figured that the pre-show would be all about the talk shows, but if it wasn't like that last year, that makes me wonder what has changed since then.

Will&Sonny

Angie79
Jun 16 2013, 06:47 PM
Kris Jenner looks like shit.

This can be said about everyone in that family, IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

The frustrating thing about the focus on the talk shows is that we get to see their real life personalities any time we want to. Part of the fun of awards shows is getting to see the people we watch on television or in movies, and see who they really are. That's not a special thing when it comes to talk shows or reality shows.

Will&Sonny

So, is anyone keeping an eye on Michael Muhney's Twitter account to see how long it takes for him to make an ass out of himself after he loses?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply