Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards; Live Viewing Thread
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:07 AM (24,535 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

An error was just brought to my attention:

CORRECTION TO LAST "DAYS" EMMY WIN:

Ken Corday, in the thrill of victory, accidentally mixed up his 5's and 8's...instead of "Days" winning 38 years ago in 1975, they actually won for best show 35 years ago in 1978.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 17 2013, 12:37 AM
An error was just brought to my attention:

CORRECTION TO LAST "DAYS" EMMY WIN:

Ken Corday, in the thrill of victory, accidentally mixed up his 5's and 8's...instead of "Days" winning 38 years ago in 1975, they actually won for best show 35 years ago in 1978.
I thought it was 1978. But, God bless Corday winning the Emmy on his B Day.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Poor Ari!

Jason47
Member Avatar

INDUSTRY TRADES TALK ABOUT "DAYS" WIN:

VARIETY:
NBC’s “Days of Our Lives” took the gold for drama series at the 40th annual Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday. The win marked the first time since 1975 that the sudser has won the top prize at the Daytime Emmy fete — and only its second drama series nod in its nearly 50-year run on NBC. And to make it that much sweeter, the victory coincided with the birthday of “Days” exec producer Ken Corday. “Pinch me,” he said. “Today is a great day to celebrate.”

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER:
In a surprise win, Days of Our Lives was named best drama series Sunday night at the 40th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, which aired live from the Beverly Hilton on HLN. The NBC soap beat out last year's winner, ABC's General Hospital, as well as CBS' top-rated The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful and ABC's One Life to Live. Days last won best daytime drama series in 1975.

NOTE FROM JASON47:
Like me (originally), Variety and Hollywood Reporter both list 1975 as "Days" last win for best soap. As mentioned earlier, Ken Corday accidentally mixed up his 5's and 8's when accepting the award. "Days" last won 35 years ago, in 1978. (It's nice to know I'm not the only one who didn't catch the error...but it seems I'm the first to correct it...and I only have a staff of one person)!! :)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I knew days will win but they should not have.young and the restless hit the shitesst writing they ever had.bold and beautiful submit great episode the problem in last they had episodestthat foucs on social stuff just for the Emmy and never touched again that why they were ignored.gh submit episode with people from oltl it did not feel gh.oltl should have won perhaps they ignored because all legal stuf with the online stuff now.so who left days.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jun 17 2013, 01:01 AM
I knew days will win but they should not have.young and the restless hit the shitesst writing they ever had.bold and beautiful submit great episode the problem in last they had episodestthat foucs on social stuff just for the Emmy and never touched again that why they were ignored.gh submit episode with people from oltl it did not feel gh.oltl should have won perhaps they ignored because all legal stuf with the online stuff now.so who left days.
Plain and simple, DAYS won because voters felt they had a better reel.

#End of Discussion

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Btw days win on episode that feature Matt asford this is the second time.remind what days did to him

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

WTG DAYS & Chandler!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm happy for Days' cast and crew, as I do think they work so hard on their shoestring budget. With that said, I thought 2012 was not a great year for the show. The first half of the year was awful and the second half was just okay. I did find the Daysaster shows to be entertaining, but that was really about it for 2012.

Now if Days doesn't win NEXT year, I will actually be disappointed. 2013 has been solid soap all the way around with MONTHS of great shows. I'm loving Days right now.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I can not take the Emmy seriously when KA won when rest where better.it not what I feel about as actress Scott Clifton did Emmy worthy in past while this he should not been nominated at all he did not suck but being nominated while James the one that play Abe on days got nothing this I can not take the Emmy seriously
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 17 2013, 01:23 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Yeah days did in 2013 episodes that deserve to win emmy

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

tomsawyer
Jun 17 2013, 01:19 AM
I'm happy for Days' cast and crew, as I do think they work so hard on their shoestring budget. With that said, I thought 2012 was not a great year for the show. The first half of the year was awful and the second half was just okay. I did find the Daysaster shows to be entertaining, but that was really about it for 2012.

Now if Days doesn't win NEXT year, I will actually be disappointed. 2013 has been solid soap all the way around with MONTHS of great shows. I'm loving Days right now.
It's not really fair to say the show does not deserve to win cause the whole year sucked....fact is Emmys are won based on two episodes and DAYS happened to submit their very best two episodes, which IMO played very well on their own..and that is why they won...so IMO it is deserved if you look at it based on how the Emmys judge the nominees. Had this been a "collective" year win then yes total crap cause no way was the shows entire year worthy of winning, but the episodes they submitted were arguably the best of the bunch and the blue ribbon panel agreed.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I never thought Days would ever win, so I'm very happy for them! Like others said, I feel this makes up for the times in the past that Days was robbed. Very sad my girl Ari Z didn't get hers, but so happy for Chandler!

chinkybig

Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 01:59 AM
tomsawyer

It's not really fair to say the show does not deserve to win cause the whole year sucked....fact is Emmys are won based on two episodes and DAYS happened to submit their very best two episodes, which IMO played very well on their own..and that is why they won...so IMO it is deserved if you look at it based on how the Emmys judge the nominees. Had this been a "collective" year win then yes total crap cause no way was the shows entire year worthy of winning, but the episodes they submitted were arguably the best of the bunch and the blue ribbon panel agreed.
Then hopefully Days should win next year because they have a lot of good reels to choose from esp.from May sweeps this year. :D crossing fingers

Manny
Member Avatar

I haven't really watched Days in like 7 years, but this really made me happy. I am so proud of them (whoever that is left from my time watching :) ) And Chandler is an amazing young actor (while I didn't watch the entire show, I did watch Wilson scenes here and there to see how it plays out and I loved both young actors), so I'm happy that he won again too.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Well, I turned off the show and missed Days' win! Congratulations!

Kriss4

I'm glad so much of the cast was able to be there. It's not like this happens often, and they've been on the outside looking in for years.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am happy Julie Marie Berman won too,she was genuinely stunned.

lysie
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jun 17 2013, 01:04 AM
Partnersincrime
Jun 17 2013, 01:01 AM
Plain and simple, DAYS won because voters felt they had a better reel.

#End of Discussion
Its not the end of the discussion. This is a discussion board.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 01:59 AM
tomsawyer

I think it's fair to say because we've been complaining about the way the voting system works for years. We didn't sudden decide to complain just because Days won. I'm glad it worked to Days favor this time, but it's still a rotten system.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply