Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards; Live Viewing Thread
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:07 AM (25,504 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

Congratulations to Days! It's nice to see them getting a nod like this. Look, I know the show isn't perfect but I think that all of the shows have had times where it wasn't very good. Some lasts longer than others in terms of not being good but all of the shows have been there! LOL

I really thought it was JT's year for leading actor but I'm so happy that DD got it too. He was so deserving too. Again, shocked that SF didn't win leading actress but HT was really, really good with the whole pregnancy storyline.

I really thought that either KKL or AZ would have won supporting too. Happy for CM too.

Congrats to all who were nominated and won!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

juniorz1
Jun 16 2013, 09:40 PM
Suzanne Rogers looked SO happy to finally be back up there with the cast!!! :D

And very classy of Doug Davidson- nice show of enthusiasm from an actor on another soap on a different network.

Let's get this party STARTED!!!! :D :D :D
Very Cool indeed!

Sweet and Salty

Carmi
Jun 16 2013, 10:22 PM
T-Love74
Jun 16 2013, 10:14 PM
YOUTUBE!!!!! YES!!!

AW HELL YEAH!!

So amazing to see how happy and excited each and every cast member is.
Where was Allison?!

LovingDays

Im really disappointed....Ari should have won cmon now she got robbed for the second time

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 17 2013, 09:41 AM
Carmi
T-Love74
YOUTUBE!!!!! YES!!!

AW HELL YEAH!!

Where was Allison?!
She hasn't gone to the Emmys in several years.

Sweet and Salty

Will&Sonny
Jun 16 2013, 11:03 PM
Miss Rhi, no offense is intended here, but I really hate your avatar. :lol:

Yeah, I still can't stand Nick.
OMG!!!!! That is the BEST Avatar EVER!!! I SO wish I knew how to download it and make it mine!! That finger wag of his was so hilarious and unique to Nick!! I was so glad to see BB there last night! It will be so sad a day when we have to see him leave! Again, where was ASblast night???

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 17 2013, 09:58 AM
Sweet and Salty
Carmi
T-Love74
YOUTUBE!!!!! YES!!!

AW HELL YEAH!!

Where was Allison?!
I think she stopped around 2009

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jun 17 2013, 10:05 AM
lysie
Sweet and Salty
Carmi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepYOUTUBE!!!!! YES!!!

Where was Allison?!
I saw pics on twitter that other actors took at their table of her there.

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jun 17 2013, 10:11 AM
Partnersincrime
lysie
Sweet and Salty

That's weird since she tweeted that she wasn't there. She went to the after party to celebrate the win though.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

This was my first time I watched Daytime Emmy Awards ever and all I can say is that the whole show was really awful and boring. :sleep2: Those interviews on the couch were ridiculous. The show started when it was 3am in Finland and when I went to sleep it was 6am.. The only reason I watched was because I wanted to see Chandler Massey and Arianne Zucker winning and I was so disappointed when Arianne didn't won. She should have won because she's just amazing and one of the greatest actresses of all! :wub2: But it was worth staying awake until 6am because Chandler Massey won as expected. AND DAYS won also! :cheer:

No matter what others may say but I personally think that DAYS truly deserved to win. I'm sad if Chandler really is leaving DAYS :( He's absolutely amazing actor and I can't see anyone else in Will's role. Anyway I still respect and support him whatever he decides to do :)

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

there were all kind of robberies last night, but whatevs. congrats to everyone who won lol

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Sweet and Salty
Carmi
T-Love74
YOUTUBE!!!!! YES!!!

AW HELL YEAH!!

Where was Allison?!
Anyone know why?

Sweet and Salty

BalscoFan5
Jun 17 2013, 10:11 AM
Partnersincrime
lysie
Sweet and Salty

Anyone have a link to the tweet? I don't do Twitter.

james0479
Member Avatar

Thoughts on the show as a whole (since nobody asked and I'm bored lol)

It's just a prerequisite that the Daytime Emmy Telecast has to lame and ridiculous. Sad but true. There was a lot of WTFery to the show but I kinda get off on the insanity and I felt like this years show wasn't as bad as usual. Sure as shit beat the CW year! The glitches were there of course but everyone seemed to play off each other well and even kinda make fun of the fact that this is usually a train wreck so lets just do the damn thing. The wrong envelope for one award, Robin Meade bitching in the background yelling if people could here her talk cuz her song was playing (they could hear the song if you'd shut the hell up!), those GOD AWFUL interviews after the wins, etc etc. It's comical but sad. But leave it to Corbin to save one segment!! That was hysterical. And Carrie Fisher .... Man, what a mess! Some of the best parts of the show was when the camera would catch Kathy Griffin eating up the chaos. Gotta love it!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 17 2013, 10:25 AM
lysie
Sweet and Salty
Carmi

Where was Allison?!
Anyone know why?
Every year she had something else do she could not come

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

So very happy for Doug, his win was over-due and will deserved. And Chandler Massey stole the show again! Love him as Will Horton and his shout-out to Freddie was adorable.

So very proud of Days of our Lives right now, though. They've been on top of their game and have been giving us some truly amazing storylines and the DAYSaster was brilliantly told; brought me back to the '90s era of big soap storylines. Kudos to them on finally being recognized as they should be!

Wasn't too thrilled with Kristen winning Younger Actress nor Julie winning Supporting. Both Jacqueline and Katherine deserved those awards retrospectively! And Corbin's swearing on live television and cussing out that damned couch? PRICELESS!!!!

Checkers
Member Avatar

Shick
Jun 16 2013, 09:42 PM
Glad Y&R didn't win for that fuckery of an episode of Sharon walking around like a damn peacock marrying and burying old guys..
Thank you! Just re-watching the clip of Days win and I cringed when they showed Victor's funeral. That episode felt like a horrible parody of Y&R.

Very happy that Doug Davidson won. :D The Ricky/Paul story was the only semi-decent story MAB put together last year. That was mostly because of the acting Doug Davidson and Peter Porte. HATE that they had Paul kill his son. :glare:

blueskies
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 17 2013, 10:45 AM
Thoughts on the show as a whole (since nobody asked and I'm bored lol)

It's just a prerequisite that the Daytime Emmy Telecast has to lame and ridiculous. Sad but true. There was a lot of WTFery to the show but I kinda get off on the insanity and I felt like this years show wasn't as bad as usual. Sure as shit beat the CW year! The glitches were there of course but everyone seemed to play off each other well and even kinda make fun of the fact that this is usually a train wreck so lets just do the damn thing. The wrong envelope for one award, Robin Meade bitching in the background yelling if people could here her talk cuz her song was playing (they could hear the song if you'd shut the hell up!), those GOD AWFUL interviews after the wins, etc etc. It's comical but sad. But leave it to Corbin to save one segment!! That was hysterical. And Carrie Fisher .... Man, what a mess! Some of the best parts of the show was when the camera would catch Kathy Griffin eating up the chaos. Gotta love it!
when they panned to KG after the Jeanne Cooper tribute (or more aptly during it) and you could tell she was just lapping it up, it made me so want to know all the sordid stories she got from the Daytime Emmys. I'm sure she got plenty of material! ;)

tylerbo20

next year im hosting the Daytime Emmy's from my backyard...100x better...and i wont be promoting anything either like my new cd? lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 01:59 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 17 2013, 01:19 AM
I'm happy for Days' cast and crew, as I do think they work so hard on their shoestring budget. With that said, I thought 2012 was not a great year for the show. The first half of the year was awful and the second half was just okay. I did find the Daysaster shows to be entertaining, but that was really about it for 2012.

Now if Days doesn't win NEXT year, I will actually be disappointed. 2013 has been solid soap all the way around with MONTHS of great shows. I'm loving Days right now.
It's not really fair to say the show does not deserve to win cause the whole year sucked....fact is Emmys are won based on two episodes and DAYS happened to submit their very best two episodes, which IMO played very well on their own..and that is why they won...so IMO it is deserved if you look at it based on how the Emmys judge the nominees. Had this been a "collective" year win then yes total crap cause no way was the shows entire year worthy of winning, but the episodes they submitted were arguably the best of the bunch and the blue ribbon panel agreed.
I didn't say that the show didn't deserve to win because the whole year sucked. The system is what it is - winners get chosen based on a couple episodes. Days obviously won because of those couple of episodes, but I don't think those episodes were indicative of an overall high quality year. Like I said, it is what it is. But if Days doesn't win next year (when 2013 has been FAR, FAR superior to 2012) then it will just further reinforce to me that the current system is a dumb way to choose a winner.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jun 18 2013, 02:55 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply