Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days got an Emmy for best daytime drama!
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:48 PM (3,258 Views)
LovinXtina
Member Avatar

http://m.deadline.com/2013/06/40th-daytime-emmy-awards-2013-winners/
Days wins the award for best daytime drama. While Chandler Massey won an Emmy for outstanding younger Actor.
Edited by LovinXtina, Jun 16 2013, 11:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

strange world we live in...thought Bold and the Beautiful for sure...
Offline Profile Goto Top

jderoche5
Member Avatar

Ummm yeah sorry but Days did not deserve that at all, and I've watched forever! Who did they pay?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mayholidays

I'm really pleased for them :cheer: Good on them :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

jderoche5
Jun 17 2013, 12:15 AM
Ummm yeah sorry but Days did not deserve that at all, and I've watched forever! Who did they pay?
Who did Y&R/B&B pay for all the shit they won??? :hmmph:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am very happy for them...deserved or not this makes up for every snub this show has gotten over the last 3 decades...haters gonna hate!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

T-Love74
Jun 17 2013, 12:49 AM
jderoche5
Jun 17 2013, 12:15 AM
Who did Y&R/B&B pay for all the shit they won??? :hmmph:
STAMP!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

So glad DAYS won! Did they deserve to win? Maybe, but their Emmy reel was better this year!
Offline Profile Goto Top

IIttu
Member Avatar

I'm happy for Days, sure, but not so sure if they deserved it..

How does this best drama thing work? Did they submit one episode (if yes, then which one?) or highlights of some specific storyline or what? And more importantly, which writing team was behind the winning material? Does anyone know?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Congratulations DAYS!! My all-time favorite soap! :rockon:

And to Chandler Massey!! Congratulations! second win in a row :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

IIttu
Jun 17 2013, 02:22 AM

How does this best drama thing work? Did they submit one episode (if yes, then which one?) or highlights of some specific storyline or what? And more importantly, which writing team was behind the winning material? Does anyone know?
2 Episodes. Aired: August 13, 2012 and November 8, 2012
Edited by thepadange, Jun 17 2013, 04:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

So cool that Days won,:)I hope this leads to more money for the show so the quality can be improved with set's etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

IIttu
Member Avatar

thepadange
Jun 17 2013, 04:53 AM
IIttu
Jun 17 2013, 02:22 AM

2 Episodes. Aired: August 13, 2012 and November 8, 2012
thank you!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 12:58 AM
I am very happy for them...deserved or not this makes up for every snub this show has gotten over the last 3 decades...haters gonna hate!
i'm not sure it makes up for every snub, but i am very happy they won :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

I'm so happy for the show. I know the win surprised everyone but I think they deserved it. I've been watching for almost a year (since the DAYSaster) and it's the most fun I've had watching a soap opera in my life. Granted I'm 29 and no soap expert but I'm familiar with B&B/Y&R and was a huge fan of Sunset Beach. The return of Kristen was great, Eileen Davidson delivered. I really loved all the Wilson/Nabi baby drama. Ari Zucker is always fantastic to watch as Nicole. Of course everything is not perfect, they need to cut all the Dannifer angst crap and write for the criminally underused characters (Lucas !!! Hope !). But still, I think the show is really enjoyable, with compelling stories and characters, I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Chandler Massey was amazing in his Emmy reel, I would have been shocked if he didn't win! I think his statement could be just a tactic, he knows he's a valuable player and that they will offer him more money if they think he's serious about leaving.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

So happy for Days. I never would have guessed this would happen in a million years but happy they won. I wasn't crazy about the show much of last year but it has improved so much so good for them. And they can win again next year if they use episodes from May sweeps. The baby stuff, Kristen/Brady and Nick confessing what happened in prison was all such powerful drama.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I am happy for Days of Our Lives in its long-overdue Emmy win. I've always felt these award show wins were political and a crapshoot at times and it's WAY past time that Days got the prize. Hopefully NBC will now pump some more money into their sets and wardrobe departments.

I am beyond thrilled for the actors of this show, especially the long-term vets like Kristian Alfonso and Suzanne Rogers. They both were so genuinely touched by the win it was beautiful to see. Especially when you consider how shut-out a lot of the actors on this show have been when it comes to acting nominations.

As a long-time viewer (since the Aremid days) it was great to see Days get some long-overdue recognition in the business.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Hugo
Jun 17 2013, 07:27 AM
I'm so happy for the show. I know the win surprised everyone but I think they deserved it. I've been watching for almost a year (since the DAYSaster) and it's the most fun I've had watching a soap opera in my life. Granted I'm 29 and no soap expert but I'm familiar with B&B/Y&R and was a huge fan of Sunset Beach. The return of Kristen was great, Eileen Davidson delivered. I really loved all the Wilson/Nabi baby drama. Ari Zucker is always fantastic to watch as Nicole. Of course everything is not perfect, they need to cut all the Dannifer angst crap and write for the criminally underused characters (Lucas !!! Hope !). But still, I think the show is really enjoyable, with compelling stories and characters, I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Chandler Massey was amazing in his Emmy reel, I would have been shocked if he didn't win! I think his statement could be just a tactic, he knows he's a valuable player and that they will offer him more money if they think he's serious about leaving.
WHAT, did Chandler say he was thinking about leaving? :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

lachelle73
Jun 17 2013, 08:26 AM
Hugo

He said he plans to go back to school when his contract is up in December.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

lachelle73
Jun 17 2013, 08:26 AM
Hugo

CM mentioned a couple of times within the interview that he was taking a class at a time at UCLA and wanted to get his degree in Chinese (Manderin?) and International Business.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic