Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days got an Emmy for best daytime drama!
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:48 PM (3,316 Views)
chinkybig

I'm a bit torn about CM leaving if ever...on one hand, his desire to continue his studies is admirable, but I also feel it's a waste of opportunity for him to stop in the meantime, since the iron is hot right now at this stage of his career. It is easy to say he has the talent and he can try again after he graduates, but the competition in Hollywood is so tough that 2 Emmys realistically do not hold a lot of water. I guess it is a matter of priority for him so I wish him well in whatever decision he makes by the end of he year.

If him leaving by the end of the year is due to his desire to try out and have a bigger career at primetime or movies, then I would say too early, too. The ideal situation is to get a primetime gig (a regular one) before quitting your "Days" job, but I dont really know how that works out.

Anyway, hoping for the best for him, whatever he decides to do
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Maybe this is piss poor of me to say, but I can not believe Days won an emmy. Especially not for the crap that has been on this year. Does anyone know what scenes were submitted that one the emmy? I'm curious to know.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I do not believe for a second that the reason CM is leaving is because he wants to go back to school.
Offline Profile Goto Top

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

I was shocked when they won and I am pretty damn excited. I am used to CBS or ABC walking away with everything, I don't even pay attention to these awards anymore. The last few months is the first in a long time I have felt like I HAVE to watch the show, so very tickled for everyone involved. Apparently they did deserve it, they won.

Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Why is there a debate if they deserved it? This isn't a new format. GH, B&B and Y&R have had entirely shitty years and submitted great episodes that they wrote strictly as Emmy bait and WON. Year after year. I don't believe for one second Days wrote either of those episodes as Emmy bait. Most years Days reel isn't even competitive and apparently this year they had enough to get the job done. I'm surprised B&B or OLTL didn't take it, but Cartini are absolutely poisonous to their shows around Emmy time (even though I love them, sometimes).

GH just choose stupid shows for their reels. They had much better material but choose the baby swap with Sam and Tea that also had Anthony Z being carried around like it was Weekend at Bernie's. GH basically eliminated themselves from the competition with that reel. Their second episode was better, but it was still over the top. Jerry Jack poisoning the water in PC and everyone dying. The only saving grace was the amazing John Ingle's last scenes where he sacrifices himself for Emma and all of the stuff with Jane Elliot.

And Y&R just sucks and they submitted the Victor funeral that everyone panned as it was happening. Y&R just had a horrible year so I'm not sure they really had material to compete with anyone. I would have guessed Days in 3rd place but I definitely picked B&B to win it. I was FLOORED, but there isn't even a debate about deserving in this format.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Jun 17 2013, 08:50 AM
Maybe this is piss poor of me to say, but I can not believe Days won an emmy. Especially not for the crap that has been on this year. Does anyone know what scenes were submitted that one the emmy? I'm curious to know.
Someone posted the exact airdates earlier but they submitted one episode of the DAYSaster and one episode of November Sweeps when Nicole is confronted with her lies about her dead baby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jun 17 2013, 09:06 AM
LucasHortonFan
Someone posted the exact airdates earlier but they submitted one episode of the DAYSaster and one episode of November Sweeps when Nicole is confronted with her lies about her dead baby.
show 11895, airdate: Aug. 13, 2012 (Aftermath of the explosion, EJ holding Sami, Daniel trying to rescue Nicole, etc)

show 11957, airdate: Nov. 8, 2012 (Horton House with Nicole confessing that she knew the baby was dead)
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

What did CM use as his Emmy reel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

But there was still much more to the Daysaster otherthen Ej holding Sami. And Nicole rocked those scenes about the robbed baby Ejole. If anything imho, Ari should have won an emmy for that alone. It is my humble thought that Ej simply holding Sami did not the emmy win make. Just my thoughts folks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Days is pushing the envelope. It brought back Eileen Davidson for Christ's sake too. They're doing this show on a budget too. They deserve it! They're working their asses off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jun 17 2013, 08:30 AM
lachelle73
Jun 17 2013, 08:26 AM
Hugo
Jun 17 2013, 07:27 AM
I'm so happy for the show. I know the win surprised everyone but I think they deserved it. I've been watching for almost a year (since the DAYSaster) and it's the most fun I've had watching a soap opera in my life. Granted I'm 29 and no soap expert but I'm familiar with B&B/Y&R and was a huge fan of Sunset Beach. The return of Kristen was great, Eileen Davidson delivered. I really loved all the Wilson/Nabi baby drama. Ari Zucker is always fantastic to watch as Nicole. Of course everything is not perfect, they need to cut all the Dannifer angst crap and write for the criminally underused characters (Lucas !!! Hope !). But still, I think the show is really enjoyable, with compelling stories and characters, I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Chandler Massey was amazing in his Emmy reel, I would have been shocked if he didn't win! I think his statement could be just a tactic, he knows he's a valuable player and that they will offer him more money if they think he's serious about leaving.
WHAT, did Chandler say he was thinking about leaving? :'(

CM mentioned a couple of times within the interview that he was taking a class at a time at UCLA and wanted to get his degree in Chinese (Manderin?) and International Business.
That means he's leaving the show? Alison did it, so I guess it's possible that he'll leave. Welcome a new Will recasting. *sigh*
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Graceland
Jun 17 2013, 10:53 AM
Marlene
Jun 17 2013, 08:30 AM
lachelle73
Jun 17 2013, 08:26 AM
Hugo
Jun 17 2013, 07:27 AM
I'm so happy for the show. I know the win surprised everyone but I think they deserved it. I've been watching for almost a year (since the DAYSaster) and it's the most fun I've had watching a soap opera in my life. Granted I'm 29 and no soap expert but I'm familiar with B&B/Y&R and was a huge fan of Sunset Beach. The return of Kristen was great, Eileen Davidson delivered. I really loved all the Wilson/Nabi baby drama. Ari Zucker is always fantastic to watch as Nicole. Of course everything is not perfect, they need to cut all the Dannifer angst crap and write for the criminally underused characters (Lucas !!! Hope !). But still, I think the show is really enjoyable, with compelling stories and characters, I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Chandler Massey was amazing in his Emmy reel, I would have been shocked if he didn't win! I think his statement could be just a tactic, he knows he's a valuable player and that they will offer him more money if they think he's serious about leaving.
WHAT, did Chandler say he was thinking about leaving? :'(

CM mentioned a couple of times within the interview that he was taking a class at a time at UCLA and wanted to get his degree in Chinese (Manderin?) and International Business.
That means he's leaving the show? Alison did it, so I guess it's possible that he'll leave. Welcome a new Will recasting. *sigh*
Oh, yeah, I forgot Alison did that as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Fantastic news, DAYS! At least it wasn't a predictable win...and it's not like their competitors have been churning out stories of such wonderful quality that DAYS has ever been left in the dust. I hope this award helps cement DAYS' current upward trend. And...this kind of makes up for Ari Zucker losing. SHE WUZ ROBBED!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

LucasHortonFan
it was the crap from last year that won the emmy....

they submitted the Daysaster post cliffhanger episode and the Nov 8 episode
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

They won with a Mardar episode (DAYSaster) and a Tomsell episode (Nicole's downfall)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LonePirate
Jun 17 2013, 08:55 AM
I do not believe for a second that the reason CM is leaving is because he wants to go back to school.
Why? That's not unheard-of for actors to do that, and it's actually pretty damn smart, considering a lot of young actors don't ride the wave forever, especially if he's "stuck" in soaps. It seems difficult for a lot of soap actors to be able to break out of that genre. Just in general, acting is a dog-eat-dog world, like professional athletics. If you don't have a plan B, you're screwed. I am rooting for him to have a back-up plan instead of getting all full of himself and cocky.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Outstanding daytime drama...DAYS OF OUR LIVES! Their win absolutely made my night. The DAYS cast & crew work their asses off everyday and deserve kudos. Are viewers in love with every story/character? Of course not, and that`s par the course for anything including the other soaps. When it comes to the show, the DAYS actors/actresses are all team players in my book.
When Erika Slezak said "DAYS OF OUR LIVES", it was a huge well-deserved IN-YO-FACE for all the people in the industry thats snubbed them. Even in last night`s emmys, the shock from the other daytimers was obvious. But. Erika Slezak did seem genuinely proud of their win.
So, I`ll say it again: CONGRATULATIONS!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Gross,were the voters smoking crack?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

BalscoFan5
Jun 17 2013, 01:50 PM
You know, really, we get it. You aren't pleased they won. You don't think they deserve to have won. We get it. Honestly. We get your point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

BalscoFan5
Jun 17 2013, 01:50 PM
Honestly, would you feel differently if John wasn't written THIS YEAR as an ass and Jarlena were still together? This was for material that aired last year....Days isn't perfect and I particularly don't think that they deserved to win this year because 10, 20 years ago they had much better stories....and they got overlooked for way too long....but they won this year, and I'm happy for the cast and crew more than Corday or anyone else.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 17 2013, 02:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic