Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days got an Emmy for best daytime drama!
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 11:48 PM (3,339 Views)
robolynn

I'm so glad to hear that Chandler won and that the show won! I didn't even bother to watch because I didn't have high hopes. Congratulations, Days!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It's still such a damn shame that when they announced the noms for best supporting actress they put the camera on the woman NEXT to Ari, and they missed this:

Quote:

Michael Logan @TVGMLogan

I'm next to the @nbcdays table where everyone just raised their glasses to the spectacular & so Emmyworthy @Ari_Zucker Touching moment.

Ari looked so beautiful too!

Posted Image
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 17 2013, 03:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Happy for Days!

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Meh, it's based on a couple of reels. I can imagine the Daysaster doing well though. I'm guessing Jack was in the episode submitted. :) I barely watch Days, because it's not very interesting to me lately. The show just isn't making me care about the characters or their relationships. I used to be into EJami, but the show didn't even milk the drama potential before sticking them together. Most of the characters are just too bland. I guess there's Kristen, but I've never been very interested in her. I like Nicole, but she's got to finally get a love story that flies. Her credibility is already questionable. I'm not sure they're playing the Eric stuff as well as they could be. Maybe JJ will manage to be interesting if he doesn't just play angst for Dannifer (they are so boring!) and then start feeling the love after Dan miraculously puts his liver back in or something. But anyway, I suppose their reels were decent. I don't watch the other shows much, but I've always thought YR to be incredibly dull. How does it do so well? I don't get it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

TreasureCove
Jun 17 2013, 03:05 PM
It's still such a damn shame that when they announced the noms for best supporting actress they put the camera on the woman NEXT to Ari, and they missed this:

Quote:

Michael Logan @TVGMLogan

I'm next to the @nbcdays table where everyone just raised their glasses to the spectacular & so Emmyworthy @Ari_Zucker Touching moment.

Ari looked so beautiful too!

Posted Image
I thought Ari looked awful...her hair was a disaster and her dress was BLAH....not her best effort in that department for sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovejustink

I was very happy Days won Best Show, especially for the actors that work so hard to make this show! Days has some wonderful actors that deserve this win :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

As a long time fan (26 years old, started in 1995, have seen 80's and early 90's through tape edits and youtube), I admit that this past year wasn't the greatest but 2013 has been superb. DOOL has been rocking, especially since May and its great to see it get recognized. They deserve it. I really do think we are seeing the show through a Renaissance period. I havent enjoyed the show this much since the late 90s.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

We're going to lock this and ask that people continue this discussion in our general Daytime Emmys thread.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8821831/31/#new

Thanks and congrats to Days!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic