Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, June 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 17 2013, 06:26 AM (13,668 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 17 2013, 09:35 PM
lysie
Jun 17 2013, 09:13 PM
I don't really get the talk about it not being in character for Marlena to defend Sami. I know that's what Sami would say, but that doesn't make it true. Marlena defended Sami to Will A LOT last year. She's defended her to Carrie and Kate and Lucas and John over the years. The only real difference this time than past times is that she's right, lol.
I don't think it's out of character for Marlena to support or defend Sami, but I do think her role as mother typically doesn't get enough focus. That's why I like John moving off canvas because it seems when he's gone, Marlena gets to be a more well-rounded character.
Yes, I prefer that too. I'm very happy with her current role (from the last couple of weeks) and hope it keeps up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Brady and Nicole's lovemaking scene was pretty intense. It rivals Brandon and Lexie's 2002 scenes.

I loved Marlena coming to Will and Sami's defenses. I enjoy Marlena much better in matriarch mode. This is the role I want to see her (and John) in. I have no more interest in seeing either one turn to other people in order to give them conflict. They should be together, taking care of their loved ones.

Judi Evans being featured more is giving me such life. Adrienne is probably my least favorite character Evans has played, but it doesn't matter. Evans is a leading lady and it's about time we start seeing her more.

Kristen's new plan has me intrigued. I just hope it's not a letdown like everything else she's done since coming back.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

OK.....I tried to post this before, so I'll try to sum this up.....

My main focus as of late has been on Marlena. I am a veteran and avid viewer of this show, and I have seen Marlena as a steady, strong willed, career minded, compassionate and yet "in your face" sort of woman. That's how she was with Wayne's Roman the first run. That's how she was with Drake's Roman before the plane explosion. I'd even say that's how she was until they made her "The Woman Who Must Be Rescued Every time There Is Trouble" AFTER she and John rekindled their love. They COULD have allowed her to stay the strong, and sometimes fierce woman she had always been with John, but they changed her into a mushy, sighing, and consummate victim. I AM I HUGE JARLENA FAN!!!!!!!!! I have been since "The Plane", and I always will be despite the character assassination they have subjected John to.

THAT SAID.......I am thrilled to see the Marlena I know becoming that woman again. The lioness has returned, and she doesn't forgive outright wrongs so easily and doesn't back down and rely on anyone, or any man, to defend her. For those who do not remember her that way, that portrayal of a strong and determined Marlena is what earned her "Diva" status to start with. She is very straightforward and defensive of herself and family again, and in a consistent way I have not seen in sometime. It doesn't feel like a fluke, and she is back.

In the end, I am all for Drake returning in November or so and being forced to chase a headstrong Marlena who needs nothing but her own courage to depend on.

NOTE TO WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you really want to make this interesting and make vet viewers happy and new ones see just how good this show can be.......get Wayne back as Roman, Bring back Drake fierce and angry at himself and desperately in love with Marlena, have Marlena in character (family and career driven.....let her help Nick over his issues and so forth), and throw in Kristen for trouble. If you add a dash of Stefano playing games and teaming with Kristen, you gotta a major storyline that can be fun to watch for months. With Marlena in character...........It would cook.

Kriss4

To me, today...The highlight of the show was Adrienne, Justin, and Sonny's interaction as well as the argument between Adrienne and Marlena.

It's believable conflict. Both women had solid reasons for what they thought and felt, and it was well-played.

I don't like Nicole and Brady renewing their relationship. They're just using each other, and I want Nicole to be happy, not get all twisted up in Brady's mess.

Jennifer's friendship with Kristen...I don't get it.

I liked the conversation between Abe and Sami. That was a rare treat.

Sweet and Salty

OMG WAS THaT DARLING!!!! (Ejami scene where he tells her not to get in a fight). "She's back!!! Rewind time!!

marie1969

I don't have a problem with Jennifer and Kristen friendship. Apparently, they were friends before (I don't really remember) and they are worked out their issues. I get Jennifer wanting to be there for her friend. I am glad she is not jumping on the hate kristen bandwagon since she does not even know what happened.

She did try to get kristen to open up to her, but Kristen brushed it off. So Jennifer did not want to pry and respected her privacy. It is none of her business anyway. It is up to Brady and Kristen to share that with her.

If she had pushed the issue, she would have come across as a gossip. I think that is what friends are supposed to do in these situations, at least that is how I would have handled it.

I am sure she will be throwing stones at Kristen like the rest of Salem once she knows the truth. For now, I think Jen was being a good friend. Kristen being deceitful is on her, it does not make Jen stupid IMO.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Let me echo those previous sentiments about the Kiriakis family drama and the Adrienne/Marlena spat being the highlights of a pretty damn good episode today. There is just something about the dynamic that Wally, Judi and Freddie share and bring out in each other that proves they are the most realistic, honest and genuine family unit on this show. When these characters and actors share scenes together it is like reaching an oasis in a desert. Or, given how good Days has been for almost six weeks now, these Kiriakis family scenes are like an ice cold mai tai on a Hawaiian beach on a warm day in January.

Speaking of the Adrienne and Marlena argument, other than Marlena's exceptionally dubious claim about Will being the best thing to ever happen to Sonny, both ladies seemed to be on even terms and made some valid points. The best arguments, in my opinion, are those where all sides are equal and there is no David vs. Goliath showdown taking place. I hope these two ladies trade more barbs in the future because they were a lot of fun today.

The Brady and Nicole scenes made for some pretty intense soap sex. Then again, Nicole really needed to get laid and Brady's sole purpose on this show is to be the resident stud in bed. Regardless, I still liked those scenes.

The Kristen and Jennifer scenes were very interesting. Kristen didn't offer one truthful word about what happened with Brady and she still convinced Jennifer she was the victim in all of this. Jennifer, too stupid to seek out Brady for his side of things, stood there was Kristen toyed with her like a yo-yo. While I admire Jennifer for standing beside her friend without question, her overall judge of character skill continues its decline unabated. I also enjoyed Kristen almost becoming unhinged when the conversation shifted to Marlena. There was a glimmer of crazy in Kristen's eyes during the discussion of Marlena and ED played that scene perfectly. Kristen's hatred of Marlena is a joy to watch.

Overall, this was a great episode to air after the big Emmy win for the show as several good things about the show were highlighted today. Hopefully any new or lapsed viewers who tuned in today were entertained or intrigued enough to continue watching in the future.

Sweet and Salty

Aliaron
Jun 17 2013, 12:39 PM
Matt
Jun 17 2013, 12:36 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 17 2013, 12:35 PM
Is it the lighting or is Sami's hair really greasy dirty?
Well, she's been in jail & beaten. She shouldn't have Gabi's lustrous locks.
Now Sami knows what Lucas felt like in jail. Give her some girl on girl action she would get nick's feeling. Men aren't the only ones that rape.
:OhMy:

Kriss4

Well, Kristen and Jennifer's friendship...What's the point? Kristen's not telling her ANYTHING, and Jennifer's blind support makes her look like an idiot. She knows Marlena is a woman of basic good sense most of the time, so she should be a bit more cautious in her support of Kristen.

Mind, I like the fact that Kristen HAS a friend, but it would be better if the friend was wise to her and could call her on her actions and Kristen could do the same.

Jennifer just walks around blind to what Kristen's about. It's just odd and a bit uncomfortable.

AFaithL

Kriss4
Jun 17 2013, 10:09 PM

I don't like Nicole and Brady renewing their relationship. They're just using each other, and I want Nicole to be happy, not get all twisted up in Brady's mess.
Nicole won't be happy. I have a feeling in this quad, she's going to come out the big loser. At least, that's what I gather from AZ's interview.

Kristen will have two brothers pining for her (Brady and Eric). Nicole will be in desperation mode trying to get one of them to pay attention to her.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 17 2013, 10:45 PM
Well, Kristen and Jennifer's friendship...What's the point? Kristen's not telling her ANYTHING, and Jennifer's blind support makes her look like an idiot. She knows Marlena is a woman of basic good sense most of the time, so she should be a bit more cautious in her support of Kristen.

Mind, I like the fact that Kristen HAS a friend, but it would be better if the friend was wise to her and could call her on her actions and Kristen could do the same.

Jennifer just walks around blind to what Kristen's about. It's just odd and a bit uncomfortable.
Did Kristin apologize to Jennifer for drugging her mother and nearly driving her completely insane?

Sweet and Salty

Wow!! Excellent show today!!

Marlena/Adrienne fight.

EJ is on a roll today! He's an acting fool today!

Kriss4

TreasureCove
Jun 17 2013, 10:48 PM
Kriss4

Did Kristin apologize to Jennifer for drugging her mother and nearly driving her completely insane?
I don't know.

I just don't understand why they're so buddy buddy. It makes no sense to me. Yes, I remember years ago that they were friends, but Kristen was nice then, and has since pulled a lot of schemes that Jennifer would be aware of, so I don't get it.

Heck, though, I had trouble with Jennifer's friendship with Carly. I always wondered why Jennifer remained friends with the woman who married her rapist, so maybe Jennifer's just someone I will never really understand anymore.

Add this to her relationship with Daniel, and she's become a REAL puzzle to me.

Edited by Kriss4, Jun 17 2013, 11:01 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 17 2013, 10:55 PM
TreasureCove
Kriss4

I don't know.

I just don't understand why they're so buddy buddy. It makes no sense to me. Yes, I remember years ago that they were friends, but Kristen was nice then, and has since pulled a lot of schemes that Jennifer would be aware of, so her friendship with Kristen makes so little sense to me.

Heck, though, I had trouble with Jennifer's friendship with Carly. I always wondered why Jennifer remained friends with the woman who married her rapist, so maybe Jennifer's just someone I will never really understand anymore.

I don't remember her apologizing, but an apology doesn't really cut it. They certainly haven't worked through anything onscreen, so watching them suddenly be BFFs is just bizarre, and makes Jennifer look really stupid, IMO.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 17 2013, 11:00 PM
Kriss4
Jun 17 2013, 10:55 PM
TreasureCove
Kriss4

I don't know.

I just don't understand why they're so buddy buddy. It makes no sense to me. Yes, I remember years ago that they were friends, but Kristen was nice then, and has since pulled a lot of schemes that Jennifer would be aware of, so her friendship with Kristen makes so little sense to me.

I don't remember her apologizing, but an apology doesn't really cut it. They certainly haven't worked through anything onscreen, so watching them suddenly be BFFs is just bizarre, and makes Jennifer look really stupid, IMO.
well she is dating Dr. Dan, so that's basically the epitome of stupid. The only thing worse would be if she were dating Sami.

lysie
Member Avatar

I need someone to be amused with me that I think Sami looked decent today, but most other comments are referring to her looking rough.

Kriss4

I guess we can attribute it to writers who don't do enough research, because they SHOULD know what Kristen did to Laura. If they want Jennifer and Kristen to be friends why not write a story about them coming to terms with the past? I mean, stories is what they're supposed to be writing, so why not? Why skip over the whole thing and just make them friends?

Because they don't know. They must not even be aware of the history, really. They should have fans as consultants. So many of us know history from certain time periods. We could help 'em out. Heck, I'd do it for free. Probably be fun.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

marie1969
Jun 17 2013, 09:09 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 17 2013, 08:34 PM
six
Jun 17 2013, 07:46 PM
concerned
Jun 17 2013, 07:40 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDsQyDdsag
I think if it was just about the kissing, the show wouldn't have had them both strip. SD maybe, but not AZ. It was a short scene, but imo, that was more because it was a plot point for the slip of the tongue and not an attempt to create a new fanbase. Unless Days did an official write up, or the characters mention it again, there's no way to be 100% certain about what they were going for.
It's the ridiculas writing of this show that men line up to worship Sami while she jumps from bed to bed and cheats on all of them and treats them like dirt, yet Nicole who will be faithful and outshines Sami in every way-they aren't allowed to fall in love with.

It's almost like the writers are kissing a certain ego's ass with this nonsense.

The difference to me is that Sami only sleeps with guys she has feelings for and are in some kind of relationship with. So to me it is fine. On the other hand, Nicole can jump in bed with any random guy. I think it cheapens her and she could be so much better than that.

For the record, Nicole has slept with more guy than Sami who has been on the show longer than her. In a little over year, NIcole has gone from Ej to lusting for Rafe, then hooking up with Daniel and lusting for Eric and hooking with Vargas and now she is doing Brady again.

As for Sami, she was married to Rafe, slept with Ej, then had a fling Lucas (father of two of her kids whom she used to be married to) and is now engaged to Ej and therefore sleeping with him. Nicole wins hands down in the slutty department.
Cheating on your husband is worse.

Lets not confuse attraction for sleeping with either. She hasn't slept with Rafe or Eric, so why include them?

Also, Sami HAS slept with other men (her total isn't 3); just not recently.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Who was it that posted the video of Kristen screaming:

"ASHES, LAURA! ASHES!"

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

lysie
Jun 17 2013, 11:04 PM
I need someone to be amused with me that I think Sami looked decent today, but most other comments are referring to her looking rough.
She looked like shit (she should right now though).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply