Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, June 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 17 2013, 06:26 AM (13,357 Views)
camera shy

Panda Panda
Jun 17 2013, 11:40 PM
Angie79
Jun 17 2013, 11:09 PM
lysie
Jun 17 2013, 11:04 PM
I need someone to be amused with me that I think Sami looked decent today, but most other comments are referring to her looking rough.
She looked like shit (she should right now though).

She looked better in today's episode more than when she was supposed to look good in any other episode.
I'm wondering who's idea was it to bring her that particular change of clothes?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jun 18 2013, 01:58 AM
What someone posted a video with :flipoff: kristen screaming
ashes Laura ashes.What on earth did that mean.Did
Kristen want to char broil Laura?I wouldn't put it past
her.Nichole better be careful.
Peter (Kristen's brother) had faked his death and framed Jack for the murder. Peter and Jen had been married and Peter wanted to get Jack out of the way. Laura found out Peter wasn't really dead, so she was going to get the body exhumed, but the Dimeras got there first and had it cremated. Which lead to Kristen taunting Laura about it in that scene.

Sweet and Salty

Southofsoap
Jun 17 2013, 01:01 PM
Keith
Jun 17 2013, 12:59 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 17 2013, 12:57 PM
Pop up Abi or did I ignore her the whole episode?
You ignored her, lol
Thanks! I'm going to rewatch the episode later - it's one of those episodes that is multilayered and requires thinking (besides being entertaining)
Doing just that as well!

Sweet and Salty

johnwalterseip
Jun 17 2013, 01:10 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 17 2013, 01:09 PM
johnwalterseip
Jun 17 2013, 01:07 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 17 2013, 01:05 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sonny is an adult. Its his life not his Mom's. She needs to butt the hell out
Just because Sonny is an adult does NOT mean his MOTHER should butt out of his life....IMO mothers have a say until the day you die...they birthed you and raised you; thus their opinion should always be a valid one.

No your parents do not have a say in how their children live once they become an adult.
Oh, if only us adult children had the humility to listen to our (normally) parent with learned wisdom. Unfortunately, not all parents have it to give. They remain broken. Most parents want what's best for their children and have valid advice. We were designed to be that way. But, some, for whatever reason, can't be heard. They can be loved, respected for their position, and forgiven, but not "heard". Speaking in general here, not specifically Adrienne. :frownie:

Sweet and Salty

So is Kristen gonna kill Marlena? Brady? Marena. No spoilers, just re-watching and watching her move the chess pieces while talking with Jen..."....if she (Marlena)gets the chance(to trash her)"

I love Kristen and Jensen friendship!

Dislike....the get overused/old....Marlena's contorted facial expressions when the "lightbulb goes on".

MissLola
Member Avatar

Didn't Jensen die??
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesS

What a great episode. Marlena vs Adrienne. Someone should remind Adrienne that she is a Johnson, if I remember correctly and a Kiriakis. Not a good combination. She has some valid points, but her trashing Will and Sami like that.

Ejami continue to make me SMILE. Alison and James are LOVING their SL. More please.

I donīt understand the debate about Sami and Nicole. BOTH are messed up individuals. What have Ej and Daniel gotten out of a relationship with Nicole? She was trying to send EJ to jail and lied to Daniel. Brady? She tried to kill Victor. She watched Ej mourn a child, that was never his, then she passed another off as Rafe, knowing that Rafe already tried to keep another child from Ej. Itīs only a matter of time before she hurts Eric. If he was smart, heīd run.

And why not blame Lucas for the end of LUMI too? He told Sami she had unresolved feelings for EJ, then proceeded to jump into bed with her. He is not a victim.

Edited by JamesS, Jun 18 2013, 10:00 AM.

JamesS

MissLola
Jun 18 2013, 09:52 AM
Didn't Jensen die??

He did.

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 18 2013, 04:01 AM
Chelsea didn't seem to have any issues with it.
Chelsea was only willing to sleep with someone who slept with her mother. She refused to sleep with Dan after she found out he'd been with her grandmother.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JamesS
Jun 18 2013, 09:54 AM
What a great episode. Marlena vs Adrienne. Someone should remind Adrienne that she is a Johnson, if I remember correctly and a Kiriakis. Not a good combination. She has some valid points, but her trashing Will and Sami like that.

Ejami continue to make me SMILE. Alison and James are LOVING their SL. More please.

I donīt understand the debate about Sami and Nicole. BOTH are messed up individuals. What have Ej and Daniel gotten out of a relationship with Nicole? She was trying to send EJ to jail and lied to Daniel. Brady? She tried to kill Victor. She watched Ej mourn a child, that was never his, then she passed another off as Rafe, knowing that Rafe already tried to keep another child from Ej. Itīs only a matter of time before she hurts Eric. If he was smart, heīd run.

And why not blame Lucas for the end of LUMI too? He told Sami she had unresolved feelings for EJ, then proceeded to jump into bed with her. He is not a victim.

why drag lucas to deabte you have on nicole and sami

lucas did not jump into bed with sami it been over month sami denied she have unresolved feelings for EJ.and yet it was not even day after sami chose rafe over ej and broke off over gabi and ej jump to bed with sami.and believe the bullshit sami told him after he find out sami chose rafe first

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamesS

Kind of random Lucas mention in this debate but whatever.....

Who said he was a victim? The blame can go around equally....after he told her that about her having feelings for Ej, Sami didn't explore those feelings right then and there did she? NO...on the contrary what did she do? When she found out he was going back to HK that very day they had the talk about the feelings, she went out of her way, cancelled his plane ticket and made sure that he at least didn't make his flight. He got back to the pub, spoke with her, confirmed it was Sami who had cancelled it and then asked her why she did it? She told him that she didn't want him to leave Salem, that she didn't want to be alone, yada, yada....then she proceeded to offer him the job at CW to keep him even closer, until ultimately his fiancee broke it off and whatever Sami wanted she got. Then after they slept together, he was clear and asked her about sleeping with her best friend and the friends with benefits thing....and she looked pretty horrified that he might want to break up. She told him that they had already talked about that, why was he bringing it up again...he just wanted to set the record straight...etc....and she agreed that it wasn't that, it was way more....

Let's not pretend that it was so one sided...MarDar's writing left a lot to be desired but it wasn't so cut and dry....Sami fucked up by running away with EJ to prove his innocence...she didn't think of her children over EJ....that is what broke Lumi's relationship up, it wasn't LUcas' doing at all.....especialy when she had given him enough signs that she wanted to be with him.......I'm not saying it was not on shaky ground when she was telling Lucas Ej was innocent and she would prove it....but the relationship didn't end until Sami decided to go on the run with Ej...even Ali Sweeney said that she knew that it was over and that Sami realized that it would be over and that is why she rationalized that it was okay for Sami to move on to Ej at that point and kiss him and all in the safe house...problem was those scenes made Sami look rather trashy because before the next day, she was already staring into Rafe's eyes and wondering what could be with him....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 18 2013, 11:15 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

What have Ej and Daniel gotten out of a relationship with Nicole?

Support, love, faithfulness, adult conversation, fun ect.

Quote:

then she passed another off as Rafe, knowing that Rafe already tried to keep another child from Ej.

And Sami wanted to help keep that child from EJ.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 18 2013, 11:17 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:

then she passed another off as Rafe, knowing that Rafe already tried to keep another child from Ej.

And Sami wanted to help keep that child from EJ.
and was willing to lie to Ej about it.....seriously folks....the writing for the clusterfuck that was Lumi/Ejami/Safe/Ejami all of 2012-2013 is awful...there is no defending any of it....lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I enjoyed the Sami/Abe scenes, too but they are a great example of the bigger thing that is bugging me about the shooting story. On the one hand, they seem to want the audience to believe that Sami didn't really know Bernardi aside from the fact she knew he was a dirty cop on Stefano's payroll. However, we're also being told he's a 'three time decorated' officer and apparently well liked and respected by the entire force and a close friend of Sami's very recently ex-husband. And I could go with that if we were to believe that Sami had little interaction with Rafe's job or co-workers or the police department in general - except she made it a point to tell Abe how 'creepy' this is for her because she grew up there and 'knows everybody' there. They can't have it both ways - either Sami should have known Bernardi (and by extension his family) because she's so familiar and tied to the Salem PD - or Bernardi should have been a recent hire to the department and unfamiliar to everyone. Otherwise, it just leaves a great big hole in the story.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 18 2013, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed the Sami/Abe scenes, too but they are a great example of the bigger thing that is bugging me about the shooting story. On the one hand, they seem to want the audience to believe that Sami didn't really know Bernardi aside from the fact she knew he was a dirty cop on Stefano's payroll. However, we're also being told he's a 'three time decorated' officer and apparently well liked and respected by the entire force and a close friend of Sami's very recently ex-husband. And I could go with that if we were to believe that Sami had little interaction with Rafe's job or co-workers or the police department in general - except she made it a point to tell Abe how 'creepy' this is for her because she grew up there and 'knows everybody' there. They can't have it both ways - either Sami should have known Bernardi (and by extension his family) because she's so familiar and tied to the Salem PD - or Bernardi should have been a recent hire to the department and unfamiliar to everyone. Otherwise, it just leaves a great big hole in the story.
She's always at the station too. If she wasn't being questioned or arrested she was hanging out with her dad or Rafe, getting into something she wasn't supposed to, and even looking for work there.

And just recently she was there a lot because of Will being accused of shooting Stefano.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 18 2013, 11:51 AM.

mandadawn
Member Avatar

Did anyone else notice the pulsing vein on James Scott's temple? Looking at him it would be on the left side. During the whole rant EJ had about documenting the attack with the cameras being down, I couldn't stop looking at it.
Edited by mandadawn, Jun 18 2013, 12:21 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jun 17 2013, 08:51 PM
I was pleasantly surprised that Marlena defended Sami today. This is so out of character of her. Color me shocked. It is hard to dislike Marlena when she is being a good supportive mother. I just wished she had thrown some truths in Adrienne face as well.
No, it isn't. Marlena has defend Sami to the death, even though she was usually wrong about it. It's been really annoying to me as a Marlena fan for years.

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
Jun 18 2013, 10:50 AM
JamesS

lucas did not jump into bed with sami it been over month sami denied she have unresolved feelings for EJ.and yet it was not even day after sami chose rafe over ej and broke off over gabi and ej jump to bed with sami.and believe the bullshit sami told him after he find out sami chose rafe first

I think it made Lucas looked stupid for breaking up with Autum for Sami just to have her leave him for EJ, and for getting involved with her when he know she had unresolved feelings for EJ. Lucas should have known better than to believe her when she denied it, still it made Sami look a lot worse, but itīs really the writhers fault they should have made a decision between Lumi and Ejami before putting Lumi back together. I get that they was trying to please more than one fanbase at the time but that only works for a short period of time itīs not a long term solution.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 18 2013, 01:39 PM
Partnersincrime
Jun 18 2013, 10:50 AM
JamesS

I think it made Lucas looked stupid for breaking up with Autum for Sami just to have her leave him for EJ, and for getting involved with her when he know she had unresolved feelings for EJ. Lucas should have known better than to believe her when she denied it, still it made Sami look a lot worse, but itīs really the writhers fault they should have made a decision between Lumi and Ejami before putting Lumi back together. I get that they was trying to please more than one fanbase at the time but that only works for a short period of time itīs not a long term solution.
Autumn dump Lucas not Lucas dump her

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 18 2013, 01:39 PM
To be fair, I think the change in writers had something to do with that. From the rumors we heard, MarDar were planning an Ejami-Lumi triangle so it made sense to have Lumi reconnect at the same time that Sami had unresolved feelings for EJ. It was TomSell's abrupt shift to a Safe-Ejami triangle that made the Lumi stuff in the Spring suddenly seem out of place.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply