Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 17 2013, 08:35 AM (619 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Last night at the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Julie Marie Berman won for Supporting Actress in a Drama Series and Kristen Alderson won for Younger Actress in a Drama Series for GH. This was JMB's 3rd Emmy win and KA's first.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Jun 17 2013, 08:38 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

While happy JMB won for her last year as Lulu, I am soooooooo bummed that Ari Zucker didn't win! I also wish Jason Thompson had won but it sounds like the actor who won his category had a well-deserved win. A Lindsey Morgan win would have been a huge WTF moment. It was hilarious how KA called Chad the love of her life in her acceptance speech.

On to the Drama Series win by Days of Our Lives: while completely shocked by this I am glad Days got some long-overdue recognition in the industry. And I think if they had submitted more of the stuff from the fall of 2012 (AJ, Duke/Anna/Faison or the Quartermaine Thanksgiving tribute to John Ingle/Edward Quartermaine) they might have edged out but I don't know. These awards are based on 2 episodes and not the season in its entirety like the Soap Opera Digest Awards used to be. For next year they will have some great stuff from the 50th Anniversary like the Nurse's Ball and Stavros/Cassadine island rescue of Lulu.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm still LMAO that KA won. Really?! What reel did she use cause I cant think of any performance of hers worhty of an emmy :rolleyes:

Nate
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jun 17 2013, 08:59 AM
I'm still LMAO that KA won. Really?! What reel did she use cause I cant think of any performance of hers worhty of an emmy :rolleyes:
SMDFH. And she said Chad Duell was the love of her life. He was married less than six months ago to another woman. Do not like KA.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Just found out that besides the John Ingle's last episode in the Toxin Crisis, the second episode GH submitted was the Tea/Sam baby switch in the summer. Based on that, I'm not surprised GH didn't win for best series. IMO GH was on fire last fall/early winter and would have been smarter to submit one of those episodes. One dramatic episode that springs to mind was when Heather was on the roof with Danny---that was a great stand alone episode. Also the Edward Q tribute.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jun 17 2013, 08:59 AM
I think she used the episode where she was standing in the crypt monologuing about losing Cole and Hope then swearing revenge on Sonny.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply