Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of June 3-7, 2013
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 03:47 AM (2,048 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I was gonna say...these numbers are not good because the pre-emption happened at the END of the week and thus had no barring on any of the shows from M-T-W.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

well they were actually on a rising trend that week.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jun 18 2013, 06:14 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

And historically that's what happens they start strong Monday, it holds steady to Wed, then crash by Fri... It could have been worse if the Thurs and Fri numbers were 1.8, their average would have been 3,300,000 total viewers, even less than they got

crazy4sc

talbab1994
Jun 18 2013, 09:04 AM
JDeveraux_91
Jun 18 2013, 08:59 AM
Though things on Days have slowed down, I can't figure out how that train wreck GH is above them? :shrug:
I was thinking the same thing! GH, for me, is an absolute train wreck. Weren't they kind of heavy on Patrick and Sabrina last week too? Maybe people watched for that? Lulu got her memory back too. This whole Franco storyline is just so bad. What the heck happened? :shrug:
:shrug:Well for me I think Gh is wayyyyy better than Days . I guess the other 442,999 people agreed with me lol
Edited by crazy4sc, Jun 18 2013, 08:48 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

GH was definitely better a few months back.....the stories have taken a rather weird turn now....there is definitely a pacing problem that I find annoying.....and there is no clear resolution of any relationship mainly the ones getting all the talk...Aj/Carly/Liz/Nik....seem to be up in the air....Aj and Liz might never make love the way it's going....and I do think the show was waiting to see what they do with Christopher and now that they got him signed on contract they might finally decide to go with story....obviously Liz and Nik seem to be a go...with the AJ/Carly secret looming over Quiz.....but it hurts me that Aj will lose out and that is why I want something for him....I would love aj/carly to be explored.....but I'm not sure that GH wants that. IMHO it's still a toss up between days and gh for me.....I like certain elements about each soap and despise certain ones too.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 18 2013, 04:20 PM
18-34 is the only reason PASSIONS stayed around as long as it did.

It was consistently #2 behind DAYS and even #1 sometimes in that demo....it stayed close to Top 3 for most of its run I believe in 18-34....however it was the over 34 viewers the show MASSIVELY lacked.
that's true, but they must take something beyond demos b/c otherwise it'd probably still be on...

anyway, that held true for me. I was 13 when Passions started.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Jun 18 2013, 11:17 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 18 2013, 04:20 PM
18-34 is the only reason PASSIONS stayed around as long as it did.

It was consistently #2 behind DAYS and even #1 sometimes in that demo....it stayed close to Top 3 for most of its run I believe in 18-34....however it was the over 34 viewers the show MASSIVELY lacked.
that's true, but they must take something beyond demos b/c otherwise it'd probably still be on...

anyway, that held true for me. I was 13 when Passions started.
Their performance in 18-34 continued to decline however in their final years on NBC...that could be why they ended up being cancelled. Not only that, but they were consistently close to last in 18-49, which I am sure counts A LOT.

I think NBC was just ready to get "out of the game" at that time....but things have since changed since they were sold to Comcast I think.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really wish Days could get a partner soap. I mean how many out of work legendary soap actors are there? And it would be smart to bring in some Days actors who people want back but the show doesn't want or people that are "REALLY" killed off. Not to mention if its a new soap people can't really complain for days about "newbies." Days doing what they do without having a partner soap or even a DAYTIME LINEUP for years is just amazing. They're the the only soap that has to deal with this shit. A little help NBC??

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jun 19 2013, 12:14 PM
I really wish Days could get a partner soap. I mean how many out of work legendary soap actors are there? And it would be smart to bring in some Days actors who people want back but the show doesn't want or people that are "REALLY" killed off. Not to mention if its a new soap people can't really complain for days about "newbies." Days doing what they do without having a partner soap or even a DAYTIME LINEUP for years is just amazing. They're the the only soap that has to deal with this shit. A little help NBC??
This will never happen...not unless there is a HUGE increase in soaps viewership over the next decade.

I think the 4 that are here, will be around for awhile to be honest.

AMC/OLTL will not last long IMO online.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

It will never happen, but it would be cheaper than shelling out money for Katie and whatever other failed talk shows might come their way. I just want to know what Days could do with a partner show. I mean I wish NBC would just do something with their daytime lineup to help Days. Its unbelievable that the show is just on its own while CBS has a full lineup of powerhouse shows. ABC's lineup sucks, but at least they have one.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jun 19 2013, 02:32 PM
It will never happen, but it would be cheaper than shelling out money for Katie and whatever other failed talk shows might come their way. I just want to know what Days could do with a partner show. I mean I wish NBC would just do something with their daytime lineup to help Days. Its unbelievable that the show is just on its own while CBS has a full lineup of powerhouse shows. ABC's lineup sucks, but at least they have one.
I agree - DAYS is just existing totally on its own...and the show is still performing very well considering.

Well I GUESS you could considering the Today Show part of the daytime lineup...well the 4th hour anyways.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply