Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 08:35 AM (14,395 Views)
marie1969

Sweet and Salty
Jun 18 2013, 07:48 PM
JarlenaLante
Jun 18 2013, 03:50 PM
Another great solid episode with old-fashioned soapy moments.

Sigh. How Kate Mansi didn't even get nominated for a Younger Actor Emmy and Kristen Alderson won one boggles the mind. Abby and Chad were quite the team today.

Loved the sibling banter between EJ and Kristen with them calling each other out.

Oh, Eric you have no idea the hell-cat that is coming your way! Nice to see him in the Kiriakis mansion. They really need to get his character out of the church and into Salem more.
You know, after today, I'm starting to question how I feel about Chabbie. Chad is too Dimera for Abbie. She is too "good" for him. Not to be trusted. Too much a blabber mouth. The chemistry is completely there, but she is less "right for him" in my eyes than she used to be.

I did not care for her holier than thou attitute either. She is going to have find her inner grey if she wants to be with a Dimera LOL.
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 07:52 PM
Oh and I forgot one thing. I know what Sami has said but that doesn't count as something playing out. We haven't seen any of that stuff play out with her family. Her family hasn't even been in the story until last week.

But we know Marlena does not approve. She said that much when ejami first got together. By Roman's reaction about engagement, he certainly does not approve.

Even last Fall, Jarlena made a comment to Rafe that the idea of Ejami getting back together made them sick.
tomsawyer
Jun 18 2013, 08:31 PM
It's not so much that I think EJ SHOULD care what Marlena thinks, it's that it seems like he already DOES care what she thinks. He basically high-tailed it over to DiMera mansion today because Marlena told him that Sami being in jail was Stefano's fault and that he needs to take care of it. I loved that and I would love to see Marlena's influence over EJ continue to develop for lots of reasons....

In part because the actors have good frenemy chemistry. In part because it would be an interesting dynamic. And in part because I think it makes sense for EJ's character to be influenced by somebody like Marlena. I mean, he traditionally looks to a parent-like figure for validation (Stefano, Tony, Lexie) and now that he's no longer under Stefano's spell and his older siblings are both gone, I think it would make sense that he'd seek out that parent-like relationship elsewhere. He's already been doing that with Kristen, but I don't think he really trusts her.

Anyway, I just think it could be interesting.

I did notice that Ej took what Marlena said to heart and jumped on it. As long as he is doing it for his fiance, I am fine with it. In fact, he should have made it a priority to confront Stephano right away.

I also understand that Ej needs a parent figure in his life. But knowing how Marlena feels about him, I don't want him to turn to someone who treats him like a gum in the bottom of her shoe. I would rather Ej turns to someone who cares about him instead. Better yet, I would rather Ej be his own man and rely on his own family who love him (sami and the children).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Josh Taylor doesn't have chemistry with anybody really. I don't even really buy him as Roman, though I know he IS Roman.

Unless he's NOT. Seems to me I once saw a guy who looked remarkably like him. The resemblance was uncanny. His name was Chris Kositchek, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marie1969

TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 08:41 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 07:41 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 07:30 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 06:55 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwait...Sami's entire fucking excuse for not being with Ej to begin with and trying to make it work with Rafe was that she cares what her family thought....so it's either...or...we can't have it both ways.

First, I figured it was just different POV LOL. But now I am a little curious to know what was inaccurate about my post.

Well, for starters I straight up don't agree that she married EJ for her family. I know what she said at the time but I thought she was looking for an excuse. Besides, it benefitted them in no way.

Next, her relationship never had squat to do with her family who a) mostly weren't in town when they got together and b) didn't even like him when they got together.

Next, Sami has never cared about what her family thought about her choices in men. If she had, she'd have never fine after Austin, Franco, Lucas, or Rafe. That's a lie that she made up in 2006 to make herself the victim when she didn't want to face the consequences of what she did to her sister.

Finally, any man that loves any woman (or vice versa) should have an active interest in making peace with their family. Especially when there are children involved. They don't have to be BFFs and the tension doesn't have to disappear for that to happen.
Quote:

Well, for starters I straight up don't agree that she married Rafe for her family. I know what she said at the time but I thought she was looking for an excuse. Besides, it benefitted them in no way.

Next, her relationship never had squat to do with her family who a) mostly weren't in town when they got together and b) didn't even like him when they got together.

Did you mean Rafe here? Because that sounds more like Rafe than EJ. Just trying to clarify.

deleted
Edited by marie1969, Jun 18 2013, 09:24 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 18 2013, 04:27 PM
Rosebud
Jun 18 2013, 03:18 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 18 2013, 12:29 PM
I love Kristen/EJ scenes - they call a spade a spade with each other
Did they ever talk about how he came to be alive?
Haha. When you say it that way, yes it makes no sense. But besides that not so small detail, they really do have a good reading of each other.
I guess so... It is just hard to forget their very important history, which seems to have been completely brushed under the rug. Unless I missed it, I would love to have seen a Stefano/Kristen/Elvis scene where they tell EJ that Stefano dressed up like Elvis in order to get his mother Susan to comply with being artificially inseminated by him in order for her to impersonate Kristen and pass him (Elvis) off as Kristen and John's son.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I was quoteing Lysie. Lysie meant Rafe. This is what Lysie was saying:

Quote:

Well, for starters I straight up don't agree that she married Rafe for her family. I know what she said at the time but I thought she was looking for an excuse. Besides, it benefitted them in no way.

Next, Sami has never cared about what her family thought about her choices in men. If she had, she'd have never fine after Austin, Franco, Lucas, or Rafe. That's a lie that she made up in 2006 to make herself the victim when she didn't want to face the consequences of what she did to her sister.

Finally, any man that loves any woman (or vice versa) should have an active interest in making peace with their family. Especially when there are children involved. They don't have to be BFFs and the tension doesn't have to disappear for that to happen.

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't say that Marlena approves. Approval and support are different.

Sweet and Salty

Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 06:35 PM
Another couple of things...

In addition to liking the fact that Marlena was seen in a professional capacity again for the first time in a long time, I also enjoyed Hope today.

You could tell that she was pulling for Sami...she's on her side, but she's also trying to do her job. Conflicted police officer...looks good on her. Now if only they would make the Salem Police Department "smart." I know they won't come up with all the answers right now, because the missing weapon, now identified by Sami as a razor, is not going to be found right away, and Chad's clip is going to get to someone who can bring Sami low, but let them be smart and not look incompetent from now on.

That would be my hope. I hate when the cops have to look dumb to make someone ELSE the hero. Why not let the cops be the heroes for once?
What I can't (well can) believe is how Abe told Hope she could be on the case as long as she is supervised. Then you see Marlena, Hope and Sami alone (from what we could tell) with Marlena hypnotizing her own daughter. The "supervision" clause was thrown out pretty fast!

marie1969

Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 09:00 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:34 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 07:02 PM
Classic
Jun 18 2013, 06:57 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, he doesn't have to be a "good" guy. He can still be underhanded and sneaky in lots of ways. But he's trying to be part of Sami's family, and he's no dummy. He knows he hurt some of them, with little cause outside of his father's wishes and teaching.

Every time he goes on about someone ELSE doing something dirty and he's all frustrated, I'm thinking, yeah...but then there's you, EJ. How are you so different? I'd like it if he was sorry, for Sami's sake if for no other reason.

LOL, everybody in Salem is a hypocrite starting with Sami, Nicole, Lucas, the whole Brady clan, last but not least Adrienne. That is just to name a few LOL.

Why is Adrienne a hypocrite?

I don't see her that way.

I know her history. I watched Days in 1987 when she came to town looking for her big brother, Steve. She'd never met him because he'd been put in an orphanage at five (along with baby Billy, who was adopted soon after and renamed Jack Deveraux). She was born after the boys were gone, and she grew up watching her father, Duke, beat on her mother. I saw her abusive father threaten her and her mom. I saw him rape her, too, and she shot him. He was going to rape her again, and she just reacted. She blocked it all out for awhile due to trauma, and Steve said he'd killed Duke in order to protect her. Of course the truth came out just in the nick of time.

Do you think just because she had some trauma and drama in her own life that she shouldn't want something different for Sonny? Of course she wants him to be safe and happy and have a life free of the kinds of trauma that she withstood. The thing she'll have to realize is that he's not a little boy anymore, and that he's going to make his own decisions. But her opinion is based on love and concern. All she's seen of Will and his family since she returned is their penchant for getting into trouble. She wants something different for her son. Problem is that it's not going to be up to her. She doesn't have to love it, but she'll come around.

She was judging Will and his family when she came from a fucked up family too, not to mention her own checked past. She is married into a mob family too. I understand her concerns about her son, I do, but she took it to far. She has no business throwing stones when she lives in a glass house. Will's mother may be a hot mess, but her brother and father were rapists. She also should remember how it felt when Victor would not accept her just because of her family and her background.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 06:07 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 18 2013, 04:54 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 04:09 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 18 2013, 03:49 PM
If he cares about Sami, he'd care about Marlena's opinions.
why? He is not marrying Marlena. Sami did not care enough to ask her for her opinion about marrying Ej. Heck, she did not even bother to tell her family.

I just don't want Ej to feel compelled to win the acceptance of the Bradys. It is mission impossible and totally unnecessary.
wait...Sami's entire fucking excuse for not being with Ej to begin with and trying to make it work with Rafe was that she cares what her family thought....so it's either...or...we can't have it both ways...I tend to think that excuse is stupid anyway....Sami has gone against what he family wanted in the past and she ended up MARRYING Ej....but anyway....in the end, I'm not talking about Sami here...I'm talking about what's in the best interest of Ej if he loves Sami....he'd care what her mother's opinion is ...this isn't winning the 'acceptance' of the Brady's, he's doing it for SAMI, right?

LOL, Here is the thing, Sami cared about what her family thought as in past tense. She has wanted their love and approval. She turned herself inside out in order to be loved and accepted like Carrie. But that is in the past.

As in Feb 1st, IMO Sami is no longer concerned about her family's opinions or their stamp of approval. I think she has come to realize she does not need it to be happy. She can just be herself flaws and all and follow her heart whether they like it or not.

Sure she loves her family and wants their love and support, but she is no longer willing to sacrifice what she wants to please them anymore. Sami has finally realized that she is a grown ass woman and she has to live her life for herself. That is why she has been focusing on ej and their children for the past few months. that is also why she moved into the mansion and got engaged without asking for their opinion.

Regarding Sami marrying Ej, she did it for her family, to benefit them. She wanted to be their savior to make up for her past transgressions That 'sacrifice' was supposed to earn their respect and their approval ultimately. At least, that was her excuse for doing it. but we all know she had her own personal reasons for wanting to marry ej.

I will respectfully disagree that Ej should care about Marlena's opinion. No matter what he does, they will always hate him...for valid reasons LOL. Therefore, it is a waste of time for him to even try. Besides, I like their relationship just the way it is. I like them being at odds because it creates tension. The whole dynamic will make interesting holiday gatherings. The last thing I want is for them to become a big happy family. So boring...
When has Sami sacrificed something she wants in order to please her family? I'm racking my brain....

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jun 18 2013, 09:24 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 18 2013, 04:27 PM
Rosebud
Jun 18 2013, 03:18 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 18 2013, 12:29 PM
I love Kristen/EJ scenes - they call a spade a spade with each other
Did they ever talk about how he came to be alive?
Haha. When you say it that way, yes it makes no sense. But besides that not so small detail, they really do have a good reading of each other.
I guess so... It is just hard to forget their very important history, which seems to have been completely brushed under the rug. Unless I missed it, I would love to have seen a Stefano/Kristen/Elvis scene where they tell EJ that Stefano dressed up like Elvis in order to get his mother Susan to comply with being artificially inseminated by him in order for her to impersonate Kristen and pass him (Elvis) off as Kristen and John's son.
The video's title is wrong. Stefano is recalling EJ going in, not coming out

marie1969

TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:

I have always thought Sami wanted to explore things with Ej, but she did not want seem selfish by breaking her marriage and her family, so she used the vendetta. That way she can still be the heroine and taste Dimera forbidden apple.

The forbidden apple she was tasting was Lucas. She snuck out after marrying EJ to have sex with Lucas. She didn't want the guy that raped her.

Well, she did not want to want the forbidden apple, but evidently she could not help herself and ended up a big chunk of it just a few months later.

I am not going to fall for the rape bait when we are having such a nice discussion. :biggrin: That horse has been dead.

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 09:03 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:52 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 07:41 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 07:30 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwait...Sami's entire fucking excuse for not being with Ej to begin with and trying to make it work with Rafe was that she cares what her family thought....so it's either...or...we can't have it both ways.
Well, for starters I straight up don't agree that she married EJ for her family. I know what she said at the time but I thought she was looking for an excuse. Besides, it benefitted them in no way.

LOL, I actually agree with the first part of your post. I never bought her excuse that she was marrying Ej to end the vendetta. It was a good excuse though. She got to play the martyr and gain her family gratitute/respect while doing exactly what she wanted to.

I have always thought Sami wanted to explore things with Ej, but she did not want seem selfish by breaking her marriage and her family, so she used the vendetta. That way she can still be the heroine and taste Dimera forbidden apple.

As far as Sami not caring about her family opinion, I think she always has even when she was pulling her crazy stunts. Sami has always wanted to be with the good guy so she can be respectable and accepted by her family and the rest of the town.

That is why she wanted Austin, then new and improved Lucas and of course Rafe the ultimate good guy. When she was with those people, her family did approve of her and they were proud of her. She was able to fit in and she even got to be smug and judgmental.
Yeah, this just isn't true at all. They didn't approve and she still acted like she didn't fit in. They were as supportive then as now but they absolutely didn't approve.

Well maybe not Austin, but I think they approved of Lucas. Marlena kept reminding Sami just how lucky she was that Lucas forgave her.

I know they worship the very ground Rafe work on and thought Sami was sooooo lucky to have Rafe even after he fell in love with Carrie.
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 09:11 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:03 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 07:27 PM
Classic
Jun 18 2013, 07:14 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, I would love a complex story for him, where what he wants doesn't come easily. You could say that's the case with Sami, because they took a long time to get to this point.

But what happens now? They get together and whatever he does is okay? Even when it hurts her family? Is she going to stand for that? Is he going to stab them in the back if Daddy says so? He and Stefano are always up and down. Next time they're on the upswing, is EJ going to target them?

He wronged members of her family unjustly. He had no justification for what he did. I know Sami cares about him...even loves him. I may not really understand it, but I know it. However, her family counts to her...and they do love her.

I wonder if EJ and Sami can make it, all things considered. Maybe they can. But it's not going to be easy.

In all honesty, I don't think Sami would ever be OK with Ej hurting a member of her family. She loves them too and it would be a deal breaker. Ej is well aware of that. At the same time, she knows what he has done in the past and she chose to move past it. What is done is done, nothing can change that.

I agree family issues will always be a big challenge for them in both sides. Stephano and Kristen can not stand Sami and we all know how the Bradys feel about Ej. Tons of story potential there. Good drama too.

The last thing I want is for Ejami to become one of Salem perfect couple. That is not them. Those two are deeply flawed and they will mess up, fight, break up and hopefully have steamy make up sex. As long as they are in love and committed to one another, I say bring it on.

You mentioned Jack before, I used to be huge Jack fan and J & J fan. I was totally obsessed with the character until...he was redeemed. I loved the redemption storuy, then I lost interest because his flaws and shortcomings were what made him fascinating to me. Once he became a generic good guy, though I still like him, he was not as captivating as he once was.

The journey and the struggle to be a better version of oneself is the best part of the story for me. I don't ever want Ej to become a good guy. I want him to inspire to be a better person for his family, but I don' necessarily want him to succeed. Ej should be completely devoted to his Samantha and his kids and preserve his edges by being a bastard to everyone else. Ej is a work in progress and so is Sami.
That's what I'm saying. He can still be EJ, but be sorry for a thing or two that he's done to key members of Sami's family. He knows they didn't deserve the things he did. He can be sorry for that. Why not?

Sweet and Salty
Jun 18 2013, 09:33 PM
Kriss4

In addition to liking the fact that Marlena was seen in a professional capacity again for the first time in a long time, I also enjoyed Hope today.

You could tell that she was pulling for Sami...she's on her side, but she's also trying to do her job. Conflicted police officer...looks good on her. Now if only they would make the Salem Police Department "smart." I know they won't come up with all the answers right now, because the missing weapon, now identified by Sami as a razor, is not going to be found right away, and Chad's clip is going to get to someone who can bring Sami low, but let them be smart and not look incompetent from now on.

That would be my hope. I hate when the cops have to look dumb to make someone ELSE the hero. Why not let the cops be the heroes for once?
What I can't (well can) believe is how Abe told Hope she could be on the case as long as she is supervised. Then you see Marlena, Hope and Sami alone (from what we could tell) with Marlena hypnotizing her own daughter. The "supervision" clause was thrown out pretty fast!

I thought it was unwise to let Hope stay while Sami was being hypnotized. What if sami was lying about the knife or mistaken? Then Hope being there would have made the situation worst.

Then again, hope being there turned out to be a good thing because now they all know she was telling the truth because I don't think Hope believed her before.

Sweet and Salty

six
Jun 18 2013, 07:04 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Jun 18 2013, 06:56 PM
What struck me was Kristen says that she wouldn't do anything to Stefano's "precious Marlena," but Stefano shows no interest in her. Boneheaded writers.
Didn't Stefano warn Kristen not to hurt Marlena recently (as in during her second stint in Salem)? He doesn't seem to be concerned with Marlena's day to day life, but he still doesn't want Kristen to go directly after her, for some reason.
Stevie and Eej both warned Kristen in one day! Ha!

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 08:35 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
All I can say is that I don't miss the clothes from that decade. Unlaced hiking boots with shorts, Jennifer's shoes are terrible, Jonah in his underwear, Lexie looks semi-decent, Lucas needs a spray tan, Carrie ugh, and Mike looks like he just woke up in that ensemble. Pretty people but terrible clothes, hair, and photo all together:)

Kriss4

marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 09:35 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 09:00 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:34 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 07:02 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepEvery time he goes on about someone ELSE doing something dirty and he's all frustrated, I'm thinking, yeah...but then there's you, EJ. How are you so different? I'd like it if he was sorry, for Sami's sake if for no other reason.

LOL, everybody in Salem is a hypocrite starting with Sami, Nicole, Lucas, the whole Brady clan, last but not least Adrienne. That is just to name a few LOL.

Why is Adrienne a hypocrite?

I don't see her that way.

I know her history. I watched Days in 1987 when she came to town looking for her big brother, Steve. She'd never met him because he'd been put in an orphanage at five (along with baby Billy, who was adopted soon after and renamed Jack Deveraux). She was born after the boys were gone, and she grew up watching her father, Duke, beat on her mother. I saw her abusive father threaten her and her mom. I saw him rape her, too, and she shot him. He was going to rape her again, and she just reacted. She blocked it all out for awhile due to trauma, and Steve said he'd killed Duke in order to protect her. Of course the truth came out just in the nick of time.

Do you think just because she had some trauma and drama in her own life that she shouldn't want something different for Sonny? Of course she wants him to be safe and happy and have a life free of the kinds of trauma that she withstood. The thing she'll have to realize is that he's not a little boy anymore, and that he's going to make his own decisions. But her opinion is based on love and concern. All she's seen of Will and his family since she returned is their penchant for getting into trouble. She wants something different for her son. Problem is that it's not going to be up to her. She doesn't have to love it, but she'll come around.

She was judging Will and his family when she came from a fucked up family too, not to mention her own checked past. She is married into a mob family too. I understand her concerns about her son, I do, but she took it to far. She has no business throwing stones when she lives in a glass house. Will's mother may be a hot mess, but her brother and father were rapists. She also should remember how it felt when Victor would not accept her just because of her family and her background.
Well, see, I have trouble with this. I think her concerns are completely understandable. Will's family is constantly in a state of upheaval. Sometimes the trouble is of their own making. Sometimes circumstance pulls them down a sad road. But honestly, I'm not going to be upset with her for being concerned about her son and voicing that. That's not to say that I hope she gets her way in what she wants because I don't. I want Sonny and Will together. But as far as Marlena and Adrienne's disagreement, I heard both of them out. I don't think poorly of Adrienne. I think a lot of what she said had merit.

Duke Johnson, Adrienne's dad, was an awful man. Just awful. He mistreated his wife, Jo. He mistreated Adrienne. So?

Yes, Adrienne married into a mob family. But when she married Justin he wasn't involved in the mob, and most of the time, he's managed not to get too involved in the shadier aspects of Victor's activities. Now, every once in awhile, he'd do something dastardly, but he wasn't like EJ in the doing of it. EJ did it seemingly without remorse...with a sense of pride and even found enjoyment in it. Justin didn't feel that way, and he didn't like Victor's business.

Yes, Jack was a rapist. But circumstances of the rape were...complicated. And no, I'm not excusing him. He raped my favorite character, so of course I hated him for a long time. But he, unlike EJ, HAS been sorry for his actions.

I don't agree with Adrienne wanting Sonny to break up with Will. But I don't think she's a hypocrite. I think she just wants her son to do the things he spoke of doing...to have his life...to not be saddled with such responsibility from a young age...to not have to deal with such serious things every time he turns around.

She had to deal with serious things. She wants better for him.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I loved the Brady/Nicole/Eric scenes today! I liked when Brady was talking to Eric and Nicole at the same time. So funny!

Marlena hypnotizing Sami was good too.

lysie
Member Avatar

They didn't approve of Lucas. They came around to him eventually but they were not happy about them even spending time together. Most of her family wasn't around when she started dating Rafe, but Roman and Bo didn't like him until after he revealed the baby switch. Roman didn't like him so much that he tried to have him sent out of state.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 06:55 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 06:53 PM
six
Jun 18 2013, 06:46 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 06:41 PM

Sami's honesty aside, it still happened lol. But okay.
We saw what actually happened despite the lies Sami told.
Exactly. And some of that post was referring to the past and that's not how that played out either.
Yeah, I don't get it....we saw it play out, we've discussed it before. People can disagree with an opinion, they can't disagree with what played out.

I'm just not sure if people remember what played out back then but I do....her family NEVER approved of her relationship with Austin, primarily because it was a relationship that was based on obsession and lies and they knew that Austin's heart was always with Carrie. With Lucas it was a bit different, but they didn't approve of his relationship with Sami at first AT ALL...both Marlena and Roman (Specifically Roman) had a hard time with it...counseled Sami about it and even confronted Lucas on a number of occasions about his feelings for their daughter. They came to accept Lucas, but after a few years.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Jun 18 2013, 06:56 PM
What struck me was Kristen says that she wouldn't do anything to Stefano's "precious Marlena," but Stefano shows no interest in her. Boneheaded writers.
The way the show is shaping up right now, and the fact that Stefano would even text Kristen that, makes me think that could change on a dime.

1) Kate and Stefano are done.
2) John and Marlena are done for now, and a mystery with Stefano/Kristen MAY be the only way to redeem John (IF the writers want to redeem him)
3) The show, though more grounded, has a 90's feel right now and I do not think that text or Kristen's response about "Precious Marlena" is random. I think it may be more of a signal that there is still something there for his "Queen". Why else should it be said, and why else should everyone be free right now.

John is gone. Winston is not Roman and I find it hard to believe they would be THAT stupid (though it was a stupid recast anyway). The ONLY recast that ever worked for Roman was Drake. Lightening doesn't strike twice.

I expect them to revisit Stefano and Marlena in some way in the fall. Mark it.

elci525
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 10:38 PM
They didn't approve of Lucas. They came around to him eventually but they were not happy about them even spending time together. Most of her family wasn't around when she started dating Rafe, but Roman and Bo didn't like him until after he revealed the baby switch. Roman didn't like him so much that he tried to have him sent out of state.
thank you - I remembered them not approving of Lucas as well

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Sweet and Salty
Jun 18 2013, 09:33 PM
Kriss4

Abe said Hope could stay on the case with close supervision, not that she needed to have someone follow her around constantly.
it's possible that there are cameras in that room, so there's documented evidence of anything that happened.

ETA: after rewatching the last Hope/Marlena/Sami/Roman scene, you can see that the blinds to the room are open & there's a cop (in uniform) outside the door - you can see him behind Roman as Roman's entering. That cop might be looking at (and possibly listening to) what's going on.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jun 18 2013, 10:46 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply