Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 08:35 AM (14,918 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Jun 18 2013, 10:41 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Jun 18 2013, 06:56 PM
What struck me was Kristen says that she wouldn't do anything to Stefano's "precious Marlena," but Stefano shows no interest in her. Boneheaded writers.
The way the show is shaping up right now, and the fact that Stefano would even text Kristen that, makes me think that could change on a dime.

1) Kate and Stefano are done.
2) John and Marlena are done for now, and a mystery with Stefano/Kristen MAY be the only way to redeem John (IF the writers want to redeem him)
3) The show, though more grounded, has a 90's feel right now and I do not think that text or Kristen's response about "Precious Marlena" is random. I think it may be more of a signal that there is still something there for his "Queen". Why else should it be said, and why else should everyone be free right now.

John is gone. Winston is not Roman and I find it hard to believe they would be THAT stupid (though it was a stupid recast anyway). The ONLY recast that ever worked for Roman was Drake. Lightening doesn't strike twice.

I expect them to revisit Stefano and Marlena in some way in the fall. Mark it.
I agree. And the show does have a 90s feel. I especially felt it today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

isn't Abe Sami's godfather? If so, why is he allowed on the Sami-shot-a-man case?

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 18 2013, 10:46 PM
isn't Abe Sami's godfather? If so, why is he allowed on the Sami-shot-a-man case?
I don't think he is. I don't think Eric and Sami had a christening. But he is Uncle Abe.

Kriss4

I thought maybe Eugene was her godfather.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 10:49 PM
blueskies
I don't think he is. I don't think Eric and Sami had a christening. But he is Uncle Abe.
i'm not sure where i got that from then...oh well, ignore that.

lysie
Member Avatar

Abe is Belle's godfather I think. Lexie was her godmother.

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 18 2013, 10:53 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 10:49 PM
blueskies
i'm not sure where i got that from then...oh well, ignore that.
No, I think a lot of people think that and I could be wrong. At the very least I don't think that was established when she was a baby and I think the uncle term implied it later. But I really don't think she and Eric had godparents.

Kriss4

Kenny, you must be in heaven. Are you? Did you see today's show? Did you like it? I know you waited a long time for Kristen's return, and right now it's pretty good. I didn't really like the whole revenge plot involving John and Brady initially, but I do like the twists and turns it's taken in the past couple of weeks. I also like the way they're using so much of the cast and playing the emotional beats they should be playing more.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 10:06 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:

I have always thought Sami wanted to explore things with Ej, but she did not want seem selfish by breaking her marriage and her family, so she used the vendetta. That way she can still be the heroine and taste Dimera forbidden apple.

The forbidden apple she was tasting was Lucas. She snuck out after marrying EJ to have sex with Lucas. She didn't want the guy that raped her.

Well, she did not want to want the forbidden apple, but evidently she could not help herself and ended up a big chunk of it just a few months later.

I am not going to fall for the rape bait when we are having such a nice discussion. :biggrin: That horse has been dead.

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 09:03 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:52 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 07:41 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwait...Sami's entire fucking excuse for not being with Ej to begin with and trying to make it work with Rafe was that she cares what her family thought....so it's either...or...we can't have it both ways.
LOL, I actually agree with the first part of your post. I never bought her excuse that she was marrying Ej to end the vendetta. It was a good excuse though. She got to play the martyr and gain her family gratitute/respect while doing exactly what she wanted to.

I have always thought Sami wanted to explore things with Ej, but she did not want seem selfish by breaking her marriage and her family, so she used the vendetta. That way she can still be the heroine and taste Dimera forbidden apple.

As far as Sami not caring about her family opinion, I think she always has even when she was pulling her crazy stunts. Sami has always wanted to be with the good guy so she can be respectable and accepted by her family and the rest of the town.

That is why she wanted Austin, then new and improved Lucas and of course Rafe the ultimate good guy. When she was with those people, her family did approve of her and they were proud of her. She was able to fit in and she even got to be smug and judgmental.
Yeah, this just isn't true at all. They didn't approve and she still acted like she didn't fit in. They were as supportive then as now but they absolutely didn't approve.

Well maybe not Austin, but I think they approved of Lucas. Marlena kept reminding Sami just how lucky she was that Lucas forgave her.

I know they worship the very ground Rafe work on and thought Sami was sooooo lucky to have Rafe even after he fell in love with Carrie.

Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 09:11 PM
marie1969
Jun 18 2013, 08:03 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 07:27 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

In all honesty, I don't think Sami would ever be OK with Ej hurting a member of her family. She loves them too and it would be a deal breaker. Ej is well aware of that. At the same time, she knows what he has done in the past and she chose to move past it. What is done is done, nothing can change that.

I agree family issues will always be a big challenge for them in both sides. Stephano and Kristen can not stand Sami and we all know how the Bradys feel about Ej. Tons of story potential there. Good drama too.

The last thing I want is for Ejami to become one of Salem perfect couple. That is not them. Those two are deeply flawed and they will mess up, fight, break up and hopefully have steamy make up sex. As long as they are in love and committed to one another, I say bring it on.

You mentioned Jack before, I used to be huge Jack fan and J & J fan. I was totally obsessed with the character until...he was redeemed. I loved the redemption storuy, then I lost interest because his flaws and shortcomings were what made him fascinating to me. Once he became a generic good guy, though I still like him, he was not as captivating as he once was.

The journey and the struggle to be a better version of oneself is the best part of the story for me. I don't ever want Ej to become a good guy. I want him to inspire to be a better person for his family, but I don' necessarily want him to succeed. Ej should be completely devoted to his Samantha and his kids and preserve his edges by being a bastard to everyone else. Ej is a work in progress and so is Sami.
That's what I'm saying. He can still be EJ, but be sorry for a thing or two that he's done to key members of Sami's family. He knows they didn't deserve the things he did. He can be sorry for that. Why not?

elci525
Jun 18 2013, 10:42 PM
lysie
Jun 18 2013, 10:38 PM
They didn't approve of Lucas. They came around to him eventually but they were not happy about them even spending time together. Most of her family wasn't around when she started dating Rafe, but Roman and Bo didn't like him until after he revealed the baby switch. Roman didn't like him so much that he tried to have him sent out of state.
thank you - I remembered them not approving of Lucas as well

This conversation reminds me of the saying "never let facts get in the way of a good story."

Sami stays away from the man she wants to make her family happy. That sound nothing like Sami. She has never done that in all her time in salem. In fact all of her couplings involve the exact opposite. But the show just doesnt want to say what makes sense, she kept turning down Ej because he is an evil bastard that victimized her and her family and all we know of Sami she would actually vow vengeance on a person like that not love.

But who needs continuity. The story is Sami all of a sudden needed her family's aapproval so badly that she denied her own desires.

While we're at it, lets say Sami forgave Ej for victimzing her and her famoly because she believes in the power of forgiveness and love. Even though it took Sami a decade to forgive Lucas for the war that she started and she still hasn't forgiven her mother totally for cheating with John.

Maybe she doesn't love her family as much as she loves Ej?... uh... wait... but she does love them so much that she stayed away from her heart's desire to make them happy...uhhh... but not enough to forgive them as quickly and constantly as she forgives all of Ej's misdeeds towards her and the family she loves so much...

Yeeeeeaaaaah... ohkay.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 18 2013, 11:38 PM.

chinkybig

Sami and "love" don't fit together in the same sentence. Oh wait, Sami loves herself more than anyone else. Heee!

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh! I did have something to say about today's show. I liked the writing for EJ slightly better once it got to the stuff with Chad. Overall, I hate the way they're writing him but he got a bit darker there for a moment and it worked. I'll never understand why they turn every guy Sami dates into this same character. I'm really surprised James is loving this so much.

Also, is the dancing lady really not going to be a thing?

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:shrug: Since they tape things out of order, could it be an up-coming script that hasn't aired yet that he liked?

I don't see anything interesting about what they're writing for him

elci525
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 18 2013, 11:30 PM
Oh! I did have something to say about today's show. I liked the writing for EJ slightly better once it got to the stuff with Chad. Overall, I hate the way they're writing him but he got a bit darker there for a moment and it worked. I'll never understand why they turn every guy Sami dates into this same character. I'm really surprised James is loving this so much.

Also, is the dancing lady really not going to be a thing?
Agreed about the writing for EJ being better when it came to the Chad stuff. It was during his scenes with Kristen that I was bored and disappointed out of my mind, and really had to remind myself this was EJ talking. It was just so....odd....

And the dancing lady has to be a thing!!! Chad said he was videotaping a friend in the square....she HAS to be the friend ;)

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Im curious when did Marlena find out about Rafe and Kate that seem to come out of no where.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I think dancing lady was just a fluke. Days has that "one take" thing implemented, right? I think the extra just went for it when the director yelled, "action".

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I think EJ respects Sami family.Caroline forgave EJ for the things
he had done to the Bradys.One day EJ asked Caroline for a favor
and she told him ok since he has been such a good boy. :ermm:

uclan
Member Avatar

EJ and Sami have been written all over the map for years. Both characters are too inconsistent for my liking. I'm just happy that so many others are involved in the shooting story cause EJ and Sami can no longer carry a story in my opinion. The are both dull.
Love crazy Kristin and can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

EJ is never boring to me. :flipoff: EJ is bad even when he is sleeping
he has something on his mind.He has an edge that keeps him
interesting.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jun 19 2013, 12:01 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm always late to the party but I'm just now watching today's show and I've just finished the first segment before the turn of the hourglass. Several thoughts already..... Why am I enjoying Ejami for the first time ever? Don't answer that question! Lol. Eric asking Brady if he's "in the dungeon" cracked me up. The Kirakis mansion SHOULD have a dungeon....maybe they did before Maggie cut Vic's nuts off with her eggbeater. The Dr who Kristen is with is like a less cartoonish Dr Rolf.... It's a vial...and it's a glowing blue color....and Kristen is looking all evil about it. YES. YES and YES. My God, *sigh*. Shit is getting good!

james0479
Member Avatar

Daniel shaved finally....and he still has a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 o'clock shadow

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply