Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, June 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 08:35 AM (15,042 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

Marlena is SO much better without John. Bye bye Actor Whisperer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I love Bricole. "I like you so much". Haha I've said that before. Don't judge me

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm truly loving this show right now. The layers being built on every story is creating a total clusterfuck! Nicole worrying about Eric after sleeping with Brady while Brady does the same while Eric has feelings but can't act and Brady is his brother and Brady is getting over Kristen who still loves Brady when she only wanted revenge on Jarlena.......ahhhhhhh

Kriss4

They can carry a story. They just need a good story in order to do it.

But it's ALWAYS better to have the cast involved...It doesn't pay for the characters to be "islanded" because it's boring if they're always on and that's the only story playing and nothing's going on with the rest of the cast.

This story's different.

This one has a lot of beats to it. It's involving a lot of the cast in one way or another. Look how they're drawing everyone in, even comatose Rafe, indirectly.

People at the hospital...that was the first wave. Kayla, Maxine, Marge Bernardi, Sami, EJ, Kate, Will. Sonny. Hope. Abe. Roman. Jennifer. Even Anne.

Now we switch locations and it's people at the police station. Some overlap there, but it's necessary. Sami. EJ. Abe. Roman. Hope. Marlena. Then they pull in Justin. Adrienne. Chad and Abby as of today. Everyone's heard about it. Sami's family's all gathered around. Brady and Eric are acting like family, concerned about Sami. Marlena HYPNOTIZED her today. She was using her skill as a doctor to do it. It's been ages since she was really seen in a professional capacity. Everyone in Salem's commenting on it, even if they're not directly involved. That gives the story a feeling of community. And the people who are SUPPOSED to be there are there...If they're not, we know why they're not.

I think that's why so many of us are interested, because they're pulling everyone in. They're giving everyone a reason to be involved...a reason to care, and they're giving them reasonable reactions and motivations.

I think TPTB are doing a very good job. I don't usually think that.

Maybe I have a fever.
Edited by Kriss4, Jun 19 2013, 12:48 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

The Sami Shooting is also cool because its tricky.....for once the show isn't spelling everything out to the audience ad nauseum. Ok. I'm done ff commercials. Brb. Lol

Rosebud
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jun 18 2013, 09:48 PM
Rosebud
Jun 18 2013, 09:24 PM
Southofsoap
Jun 18 2013, 04:27 PM
Rosebud
Jun 18 2013, 03:18 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Haha. When you say it that way, yes it makes no sense. But besides that not so small detail, they really do have a good reading of each other.
I guess so... It is just hard to forget their very important history, which seems to have been completely brushed under the rug. Unless I missed it, I would love to have seen a Stefano/Kristen/Elvis scene where they tell EJ that Stefano dressed up like Elvis in order to get his mother Susan to comply with being artificially inseminated by him in order for her to impersonate Kristen and pass him (Elvis) off as Kristen and John's son.
The video's title is wrong. Stefano is recalling EJ going in, not coming out

Yea, exactly... Does Elvis know that's how he came to be? I think knowing that would drive anyone to drink. :drunk:

james0479
Member Avatar

Brady: No No No NO!!!! Lol. Damn Chad is hot

james0479
Member Avatar

"All I remember is the hand over my mouth behind the bars!" Sami, aren't u used to Dimera sex yet? Geeeeez.

james0479
Member Avatar

The red streak in Alison's hair is more distracting than anything

james0479
Member Avatar

Deidre is great when she stands alone

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh snap! "Make This. Go. Away."

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Jun 18 2013, 10:41 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Jun 18 2013, 06:56 PM
What struck me was Kristen says that she wouldn't do anything to Stefano's "precious Marlena," but Stefano shows no interest in her. Boneheaded writers.
The way the show is shaping up right now, and the fact that Stefano would even text Kristen that, makes me think that could change on a dime.

1) Kate and Stefano are done.
2) John and Marlena are done for now, and a mystery with Stefano/Kristen MAY be the only way to redeem John (IF the writers want to redeem him)
3) The show, though more grounded, has a 90's feel right now and I do not think that text or Kristen's response about "Precious Marlena" is random. I think it may be more of a signal that there is still something there for his "Queen". Why else should it be said, and why else should everyone be free right now.

John is gone. Winston is not Roman and I find it hard to believe they would be THAT stupid (though it was a stupid recast anyway). The ONLY recast that ever worked for Roman was Drake. Lightening doesn't strike twice.

I expect them to revisit Stefano and Marlena in some way in the fall. Mark it.
Wish that we're true, but I think the text was just a plot point to show That Kristen is going after Marlena through Eric. These writers have no clue who Stefano is.

james0479
Member Avatar

Eileen is on F I R E!!!!

Kriss4

I think someone's watching quite happily, LOL!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 18 2013, 08:49 PM
Kriss4
Jun 18 2013, 05:10 PM
As soon as they know it's a razor instead of a knife, some people will guess what Stefano's true intentions were.

Chad finding out that that clip featured Bernardi really puts Sami in a jam. That won't stay hidden forever. Abby might keep the secret for a little while...or she might not. It's really too bad that Jennifer doesn't mention to her that she was an intern at the Spectator during college, because Abby could follow the same path. We can use someone on the show in the media. Newspapers aren't in as much demand these days, but she could certainly be an on-air reporter.
Oh Good Lord! Abby couldn't keep her mouth shut if her life depended on it! Cam wanted to keep his stripping secret...she couldn't do it! She believes Sami is guilty, she won't keep this secret for two seconds! I couldn't believe chad told her he trusts her more than anyone! Abigail gets something in that mind of hers and there's no changing her mind about it! She's her mothers daughter all the way!
I think Chad said he trusts her more than anyone "he has ever known." What about Melanie to whom he was engaged.This dialogue along with his past behavior concerning Abby and Melanie.Also I don't think he was all that great with Mia.

james0479
Member Avatar

Idk how people do play by plays!! I got totally sucked in to this show! Loved Abigail at the end. Kristen is about to go 1998 CRAZY! Woot! Lol.

james0479
Member Avatar

Holy Lord....Kristen tapping Erics pic at the end..... Man man man, this is getting ugly in ALL the right ways. It's just my opinion folks....but DAYS is on FIRE right now!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 19 2013, 12:57 AM
Holy Lord....Kristen tapping Erics pic at the end..... Man man man, this is getting ugly in ALL the right ways. It's just my opinion folks....but DAYS is on FIRE right now!
I just watched the episode on Youtube. Those Kristen scenes were amazing. Eileen is giving this her all and it's going to be so much fun watching Kristen go after Marlena by using Eric. That final scene with Kristen tapping the vial against Eric's picture was haunting. Days was so smart to use Eric, Nicole, Brady, Kristen as their big summer story. Especially with Marlena involved..Can't wait to watch this all unfold. And kudos to them for rolling right into this story, as well as Sami shooting the henchmen. They really didn't miss a bit.

Also, Chad and Abby are so hot. Get them together ASAP and ditch Cameron.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Have to add to the praise about how all of the relevant characters on the show are being pulled into Sami's situation. It reminds me of Sami's murder trial of Franco when she and Austin went on the run which led to Carrie's finally giving in to her feelings for Mike. I love it when an umbrella story snowballs into others.

I am beyond happy all of Sami's siblings who reside in Salem are talking about and showing concern for her. On GH there's a character whose mother just got shot and is in critical condition and his 2 brothers in town have yet to acknowledge the event. Days is so much better than GH right now it's not even funny.

mandadawn
Member Avatar

I just started the episode and I know a lot of people have commented on Josh Taylor's (Roman) acting like he has had a stroke, but in all seriousness, he doesn't seem well at all. His first conversation with Sami it looked like he was having a hard time getting out the lines and it was hard for him to breathe. Maybe my opinion will change once I keep watching the episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply