Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Top 10 Lucas Moments
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 12:01 PM (1,623 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

In honor of Bryan Datillo’s 20th anniversary with Days of Our Lives, we asked for your favorite Lucas memories. Lucas has been off and on screen a lot over the years, but due to his varying relationships on the show, there always seems to be a place for Lucas. In the last twenty years Lucas has: been married four times, fathered two children, killed a man, been in a coma, and become a grandfather. Here’s a look at your top ten favorite Lucas moments!

10. Bill is revealed as Lucas’s father
April 11, 1994
We start our list with a relatively early Lucas scene. This scene aired just before Bryan’s first anniversary with the show. The show had been building Kate’s secret(s) for quite a while, and with the return of both Bill and Laura Horton, it wasn’t long before all was revealed. It hadn’t been that long since the Austin/Billie reveal, so Lucas went from an only child to the youngest of five very quickly! This scene would be special for Lucas no matter what the other circumstances, but it’s made all the more special when Alice talks about the connection she felt with him. And with that, Lucas was officially tied to the most important family in Salem.

9. Lucas “confesses” to killing Curtis
March 4, 1994
This clip is actually even older than the first, and it provides a great context for Lucas’s relationship with Kate. Their relationship has had its ups and downs over the years, to say the least, but here we get a glimpse at the foundation of their connection.

8. Lucas begs Sami not to die
January 9, 1997
This is the first of several clips surrounding the Lumi relationship. This is the early days, though. It’s before the vicious custody battle, the blackmails, the forgiveness, and the eventual relationship. At this point Sami and Lucas are still just two scheming friends. Of course at this time, they’re not aware that they share a child. No, this is back when the two of them only had each other as friends, and the thought of losing that was too much for Lucas.

7. Lucas discovers Carrie’s affair
September 25, 2006
Be careful what you wish for. This was a lesson Lucas learned the hard way. After a particularly hard break up with Sami, Lucas set his sights back on the first Brady sister that caught his eye. Lucas had had a crush on Carrie from the beginning, but she was too enamored with his older brothers. Fresh off of Carrie’s divorce from Mike, Lucas got his chance. Due to some manipulations from Sami, Carrie opted to give Lucas a chance. Marriage with the “perfect” sister turned out not to be at all what Lucas expected, especially since her feelings for Austin were very much still there. Lucas eventually caught them making out on the roof (which Will was missing!) and read them the riot act.

6. The Green Wedding
May 10, 2007
The third time was the charm (or so it seemed). After two failed weddings, Lucas and Sami finally made it to the church, down the aisle, through the vows, and in an unprecedented move...actually made it to the reception. And that’s where things went downhill. EJ showed up, and he and Kate presented a nice little picture of Sami in the car with EJ the night Sami had supposedly saved Lucas’s life. No stranger to major reveals at weddings, Sami immediately went into groveling mode. But in a defining moment for the couple, Lucas proved his love for her.

5. Will’s Paternity
The end of this particular has shown up in more than one of our countdowns for multiple reasons. Nearly two years after his birth, the truth of Will’s paternity finally came out. This drastically changed the dynamics of the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad. Suddenly, Lucas and Sami weren’t scheming best friends. This reveal was the catalyst for the next six years of story.

4. Lucas and Sami teach Will to dance
October 21, 2003
This moment was also on our top ten list for Sami. It happened during a pivotal time for the Lumi relationship. They still weren’t quite ready to truly be together, but they were struggling to hide their feelings. In this scene, they teach their son to dance. The connection between the two is evident. They obviously realize this and immediately try to play it down. A major change in their dynamic was on the horizon.

3. Death Row
Sami was on death row for having killed Franco. She was innocent, but thanks to Kate, all the evidence pointed to her. Lucas and Kate had fought back and forth over letting Sami take the fall, but Kate had constantly assured him that Sami would not actually die. As the third part of her lethal injection began, Lucas burst through the doors and confessed to the murder. The show ended on Lucas’s devastated face as he realized he’d been too late while all hell broke loose behind him amongst Sami’s family. Of course, Sami lived. And actually, Lucas’s confession (which was later retracted) wasn’t even what saved her. But no matter how it turned out, that was one dramatic minute of television!

2. Lucas relinquishes custody of Will
March 9 and 12, 2001
I typically try not to add in too much of my own commentary during these countdowns, but I don’t think I can be very objective about the next clip. This set of scenes includes some of my top favorite Days scenes ever. I am not a fan of custody stories, but sometimes during those stories you end up with scenes like these. Lucas’s defiance and desperation are prevalent in these scenes. His love for his son and his anguish at having to give him up are central. Even better, his odd relationship with Kate gets a lot of focus as she blackmails him, he attempts to defy her, she threatens to strip him of everything, and he slaps her, all leading to the final moment where he breaks down in her arms. Shortly after this he would be offscreen in a coma for a while. He certainly went out with a bang.

1. Lucas proposes
August 5, 2004
Lucas had already proposed to Sami more than once, but she refused to say yes until he did it right. With some help from Julie, Lucas came up with something to satisfy her. Lucas sang “When a Man Loves a Woman” to her as the viewers were treated to a montage with eleven years of Lumi. The episode ended with him asking on bended knee. She said yes...about half way through the next episode!

Finally, here are a few honorable mentions.

Lucas disowns Kate...again
It’s really not a list of top Lucas moments if it doesn’t include Lucas disowning Kate.

Mickey’s death
Lucas’s relationship with Maggie has been an important part of truly integrating him into the Horton family. She spent years supporting him; here he got the chance to support her.

Will comes out to his parents
Lucas’s loving and understanding reaction to his son’s coming out was exactly what his fans had wanted. This hasn’t stayed consistent, but the initial scenes were perfect.

Alice’s funeral
Finally, Lucas places a picture of Tom next to Alice’s picture at her memorial. It was a simple gesture that meant a lot to his family and to Days fans.

As always, feel free to discuss the scenes and others in this thread. Our next countdown will be more storyline related. Let us know if you have any ideas!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

OUTSTANDING list...and evidence to WHY Lucas should be LEADING and driving story on this show...a true legacy character.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

alright Lucas! Some amazing moments with Lucas! This character is much beloved and underused. Here is hoping that tptb will finally listen to the fans, and give us more Lucas! Watching these vids makes me realize just how much I miss Lucas and Lumi. Thanks for compiling these moments. For me Lucas and Lumi is always the best part of Days.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

I love them all. Thanks for the list. Days needs more Lucas for sure.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Lucas is such a great character. And now I miss Lumi.

elci525
Member Avatar

thank you THANK YOU DR for putting this list together, and for everyone for contributing, so that it wasn't just me submitting 50 posts! ;) Fantastic list - shows how important Lucas is to the [recent] history of the show, how he as a character and Bryan as an actor have grown up on the show, how complex and interesting the character is, and how Lucas is at the center of defining moments still relevant today. It's been a great 20 years being a fan of the show, and for me Lucas....and of course Lumi....have had much to do with that enjoyment. And my Lumi-loving heart revels in the Lumi-related moments as well. :wub: #2 is my personal #1 (really incredible scenes), but the Lucas singing proposal ain't bad either! Thanks - fantastic countdown!
Edited by elci525, Jun 18 2013, 01:23 PM.

LucasHortonFan

when I went to look there were so many vids of Lucas and Lumi I could not begin to say which one is my fav, but you all at DR did a really good job with the descriptions and compiling this list. Thanks again for all these incredible moments!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Great job! I knew Lysie's favorite moment and my favorite would be the same....and if there is one scene that should beat it, it's probably the 2004 Lumi proposal.....awesome write ups BTW!

It's not because I'm a fan...but these scenes just show exactly how great of a character Lucas is and marginalizing him just makes absolutely no sense. Bryan is a very good actor, that knows his character and always tries to step above some of the crappy writing he's gotten through the years. What makes Lucas so good is that he is very easily redeemable....he's a TRUE GREY character, he can do good and bad and still come out on top in a BELIEVABLE way....without an outlandish plot point to make it happen.

I hate that this show continues to shit on Bryan and the character he plays. Hoping that changes soon, and he'll be given a story worth our time. As for pairings for Lucas, I think he's always put in the same boat as Jack is...for whatever reason, the Jennifers and Samis of the world can always have other love interests but Lucas and Jack can't....at least not ones that are written that way. I want that to change...I want to see a love for Lucas that gives to him as much as he gives to her. If it's Sami again, awesome....if not fine too.... My heart will always want Lumi, I believe they are truly equal in every way imaginable.... but I can't take this version of Sami.....and since she's still a fictional character where the writing for her can change on a dime, I'll always look forward to some writer coming in with a wonderful idea that brings back the Sami we saw pre 2007....and for that matter bring me the Lucas we saw pre 2005.....a less judgemental, more grey, scheming, sarcastic and funny Lucas with a heart of gold and overwhelming love for those he cares about.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 18 2013, 01:56 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I remember not being a huge fan of Lucas during those years, but man he's so a character who should be headlining stories today. He's the oldest Horton male they have around. His son is carrying half the show and I think his ex-wife does the other half (I'm not sure, I FF through her :whistle: ). If they insist on using Fetch, they should at least use Jennifer's brother and the man Daniel stole his last wife from. Come on, writers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Lucas actually killed two guys. He killed that guy that was attacking Sami in the hospital I believe.

Great list! I dont understand why they don't use this character. He is so rootable.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 18 2013, 03:20 PM.

LucasHortonFan

Lucas is incredibly rootable and this show desperately needs rootable!

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

This list is "OMG incredible!" It just makes me miss Lucas so much. He really should be driving story on this show. Others have given multiple reasons why in prior posts. Give Lucas a story and a love interest. He really was and can be a multi-faceted, believable grey character who warrants way more respect then he's given presently on the show.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Thank you lysie (and DR) for this wonderful tribute to Lucas/Bryan. Wonderful write-ups and I fully agree with the countdown. My Lucas/Lumi-loving heart aside, this list reminds me of why I USED to be such a huge DAYS fan. And it reminds me of what this show is missing so much right now.

annie21

This was nicely done. I've always liked Bryan, but I never really knew the character of Lucas all that well. So I enjoyed getting to know him better through all the heartfelt tributes that led up to this countdown. It's a testament to the actor and the character that his fans are so eloquent and passionate in their knowledge and understanding of all things Lucas. Impressive.

Thanks for doing this.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Ok, so I've never actually watched the No 1 clip as I can't bring myself to listen. (I have a thing about singing on soaps/dramas).

Lucas :wub:
I really like his character I really do. This list is great. More Mr Horton please!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

when i see this list Even when try put my bias aside from being fan already

i never get why why it problem to write for lucas.lucas is horton which actor never been recast which been in role many years.most hortons male in show been recast lot.the show can created new hortons or recast actors but show can not created someone in role something like that take years.lucas still story in horton family since his unexplored relationship with father bill.i hate how was nick written in the baby story the only drama in story that nick could bring to stanger that dates gabi that nick his family they never been confrontion of lucas with nick what happen the person that willing to close door and make sure the bomp will not hurt sami and japaridze himself.i did not had problem for lucas did not confort nick alone the problem everybody else did.lucas it related to Nick. Lucas could involve the Hortons in the baby story in a way that Sami could not.

Lucas is directly effected by the entire situation with Will shooting EJ and was not really in baby story he was Lucas just kind of hangs around looking worried whileami and EJ trying to help Will despite Lucas is directly effected by it . and lucas did not even got to hold his grandchlid

the reveal of will shot ej not lucas and lucas was not even the room and since than
it feel like they try to sell lucas did bad thing going to jail instead of will.will had story that was lucas history repat at self and lucas nobody in story and most lucas talks with after find gabi baby daddy at the same talk with someone else

and lucas connections to the kiriakis family with victor was former step dad and close thing lucas had to father and his brother philp his kiriakis and maggie is lucas AA sponsor

lucas been so many years should not be angst someone pairings like ej or rafe or daniel which none of them being half time he was on the show.
if they want to write lucas real pairing with someone new without somethinh new they already in story other in law from hell and ex that see lucas as part of toys and lucas children.

days main stories are sami that lucas love of his life[at least for now]and mother and his chlidren and will his son and dannifer daniel the gone lucas fiance at the time and dated at least 2 from lucas family aside jennifer lucas sister and daniel treat lucas brother horrible and this without give lucas story at all he will not being force in these stories especially sami and will ones instead he being force out of them.

saying there nothing to write for lucas is shitty writing and pure bias writer.we seen when the writers want to write something they can force story like the egg baby and daniffer when nothing to write

Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 19 2013, 06:19 AM.

S loves EJ

I think they should writhe more for Lucas not because I´m personally that interested (even if I like him now days I´m not sure if it´s enough still I have enjoyed more characters besides EJ lately since the writhing been better so maybe I could enjoy Lucas with the right writhing), but I think it´s bad move not to writhe for him from a business point of view. I think the show should writhe for all fans since it´s best for the show´s survival. Just as I think the writhers made big mistakes with Ejami with having Sami shoot EJ and the Rafe2 storyline they also made mistakes by not writhing for Lucas and Lumi. I think it would have been most fair to all fans if Ejami and Lumi had gotten equally amount of time. I do think they should try to find a new love interest for Lucas but it´s easier said then done I´m not so sure if it´s that easy to find someone that he has chemistry with, the only one that he has had chemistry with so far is Sami even if I think it´s more of friends than lovers kind of chemistry. Still I see the same problem with EJ though Ejami´s chemistry is hard to replace with just any woman. Nicole is better suited for EJ than Sami since she is more accpepting of the Dimera busniess but Ejole lack something in the chemistry department.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

The problem with days they bring someone new they do not bother chem test to viewers they pair past with someone else thatMadison arianna and Taylor did not last long.with Lucas they not bother at all.if you see my banner with Bryan with the new girls with caption is this so hard do.I not really asking Lucas pair with both new girls I just asking that they chem test with Bryan before the show bother to pair them.

elci525
Member Avatar

Of course I love Lumi and Lute moments, but my real favorites are the scenes/moments when Lucas is allowed to interact with other Hortons. I feel like his Hortoness gets forgotten sometimes and it's those relationships I think we should see more of.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

I love Lucas, and I love seeing him outside of the Lumi/Sami bubble. He's always been an interesting character to me on his own merit. I love him interacting with the Hortons (Maggie, Hope, Julie and Doug), Kate, and the Kiriakises (and Victor who as someone pointed out was Lucas' sole father figure for many years) like his brother Phillip and also Justin. I'd love to see him Anne snarking at the Hospital as she deplores him being a part of the Horton Foundation through what she'd term nepotism. He should be involved in the corporate espionage story, scheming with Kate and taking advantage EJ's distraction with Sami and the DE takeover to get the goods on EJ. Just so much for Lucas to do and be involved in on this show, besides being one of Sami's reserves.
Edited by Reese, Jun 19 2013, 11:34 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply