Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 19 2013, 06:54 AM (19,256 Views)
S loves EJ

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:36 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:35 AM
Aliaron
Jun 20 2013, 07:10 AM
lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:00 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
James Scott has no fucking idea who his character and who Sami are. I wish he'd stop talking like he did. He has shown time and time again he has no clue. As someone who considered herself an ultimate fan of Sami, I wish he would shut up about the character. Because what we see now is just a shell of Sami.

He admits he doesn't watch the show or know its history. How the hell he thinks he knows Sami when he doesn't even understand EJ?

Man, I miss actors who knew their characters. Who could explain them to a tee using their history. I miss writers who could do the same.

These days only a quiet few know their characters. And they are all vets. Oh and Blake Berris.

To JS defence there are different versions of EJ, anyway he most know about Samiīs history he did refered to to being back to a fucking mess in a interview.

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:19 AM
Honestly, I'm not really sure how James could know EJ anyway. The character has been changed through so many different writing regimes from the beginning that he really doesn't even have a foundation to work with. I think he's probably like a lot of us in that he just has a preferred version. I'm just surprised at what his preferred version appears to be.

And what version would that be? I know he said he prefered darker EJ which would seemed either sweevil EJ 2007 or 2009/2010īs EJ.
The current one...

That would be shocking :OhMy: Still I think he just a big Ejami fan. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:32 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 19 2013, 10:51 PM
lysie
Jun 19 2013, 08:52 PM
I completely hate the way EJ is being written right now, and I don't like the way James is playing it either. He's the only character right now that I want to throw things at. I really just don't understand what James is loving about this, and I hope it gets better.
Glamour.com had a short Emmy interview with JS with this little exchange...

Quote:

Glamour: OK, I need some scoop on what's coming up.
James Scott: Have you got to the part yet where Sami has killed?
Glamour: Yes.
James: What about where Caroline is ruthlessly beaten up?
Glamour: Dude, you're making that up.
James: [Smiles]
Glamour: Give me something I can really go with here.
James: It's really the beginning of this fun relationship with E.J and Samantha, where they get to be more of themselves. You're going to love it.
The "more of the themselves" part makes me think that EJami is going to be written a little darker than they have been so maybe that's what he's excited about.
IDK, I'm starting to think it's more :blah: :blah: :blah: than anything.....didn't one of them (I forgot now) say a while ago in an interview that Ejami would be getting darker....and if by 'darker' they mean Sami saying to Ej while she's fucking him, 'I want Nick Fallon gone' then that's just stupid.....

I have a very, very hard time thinking that James who has gone on record more than once saying he prefers playing the darker Ej would like, never mind love this current version of EJ. He's not interesting, he's not doing anything particularly EJ like and he's actually pretty boring.....again like it always happens with ANY guy that is paired with Sami....SHE is the focus of the story, the guy (whomever he is) runs around in circles around her.

JS said their dynamic would change during a discussion about a problem while they were in bed, and it did they started scheming after that, anyway just because JS prefers bad EJ doesnīt mean he doesnīt like good EJ either way he has seemed happy in interview about them finally doing Ejami. He did say in an interview last fall Itīs about time for Ejami, and he was right.
The dynamic didn't change, they didn't do any scheming...they approached Stefano....IMHO that isn't scheming...if they would have done some scheming then I would have understood that quote from James, but they didn't so I'm still puzzled.

I still don't understand how you can go on record and say you prefer playing the more darker Ej and then say you are enjoying the Ej that is on screen now. IMHO, it would have made more sense for him to say, 'I enjoy Ejami and I think Sami makes Ej happy but I would love them to continue to write Ejami while they don't change EJ to make Ejami work'....or something like that.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:47 AM
lysie
S loves EJ
Aliaron
Jun 20 2013, 07:10 AM

To JS defence there are different versions of EJ, anyway he most know about Samiīs history he did refered to to being back to a fucking mess in a interview.

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:19 AM
Honestly, I'm not really sure how James could know EJ anyway. The character has been changed through so many different writing regimes from the beginning that he really doesn't even have a foundation to work with. I think he's probably like a lot of us in that he just has a preferred version. I'm just surprised at what his preferred version appears to be.

And what version would that be? I know he said he prefered darker EJ which would seemed either sweevil EJ 2007 or 2009/2010īs EJ.
The current one...

He was a big Ejole fan too....he goes with the writing....he's pretty much like AS in that regard.....I just think since Ejami was never written in a reciprocated love story that as an actor he looked forward to playing it out as it would be something new for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:50 AM
S loves EJ
lysie
S loves EJ

The current one...

He was a big Ejole fan too....he goes with the writing....he's pretty much like AS in that regard.....I just think since Ejami was never written in a reciprocated love story that as an actor he looked forward to playing it out as it would be something new for him.
i still remember the interview he did in 2009 that piss so many ej and sami fans
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
tomsawyer
lysie
Jun 19 2013, 08:52 PM
I completely hate the way EJ is being written right now, and I don't like the way James is playing it either. He's the only character right now that I want to throw things at. I really just don't understand what James is loving about this, and I hope it gets better.
Glamour.com had a short Emmy interview with JS with this little exchange...

Quote:

Glamour: OK, I need some scoop on what's coming up.
James Scott: Have you got to the part yet where Sami has killed?
Glamour: Yes.
James: What about where Caroline is ruthlessly beaten up?
Glamour: Dude, you're making that up.
James: [Smiles]
Glamour: Give me something I can really go with here.
James: It's really the beginning of this fun relationship with E.J and Samantha, where they get to be more of themselves. You're going to love it.
The "more of the themselves" part makes me think that EJami is going to be written a little darker than they have been so maybe that's what he's excited about.
IDK, I'm starting to think it's more :blah: :blah: :blah: than anything.....didn't one of them (I forgot now) say a while ago in an interview that Ejami would be getting darker....and if by 'darker' they mean Sami saying to Ej while she's fucking him, 'I want Nick Fallon gone' then that's just stupid.....

I have a very, very hard time thinking that James who has gone on record more than once saying he prefers playing the darker Ej would like, never mind love this current version of EJ. He's not interesting, he's not doing anything particularly EJ like and he's actually pretty boring.....again like it always happens with ANY guy that is paired with Sami....SHE is the focus of the story, the guy (whomever he is) runs around in circles around her.

JS said their dynamic would change during a discussion about a problem while they were in bed, and it did they started scheming after that, anyway just because JS prefers bad EJ doesnīt mean he doesnīt like good EJ either way he has seemed happy in interview about them finally doing Ejami. He did say in an interview last fall Itīs about time for Ejami, and he was right.
I really dont care if he is excited about ejami. Especially since he knows neither character. Its like him being excited about what they are doing with ej and Stefano. Since he has no clue about the real character of Stefano, I know whatever has him excited is pure shit.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 20 2013, 07:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:48 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
tomsawyer

The dynamic didn't change, they didn't do any scheming...they approached Stefano....IMHO that isn't scheming...if they would have done some scheming then I would have understood that quote from James, but they didn't so I'm still puzzled.

I still don't understand how you can go on record and say you prefer playing the more darker Ej and then say you are enjoying the Ej that is on screen now. IMHO, it would have made more sense for him to say, 'I enjoy Ejami and I think Sami makes Ej happy but I would love them to continue to write Ejami while they don't change EJ to make Ejami work'....or something like that.....

Sami and Lucas broke in to the police storage room. Sami also stole the flash drives from Nick, and tried to get the evidence against Will from Bernadi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:52 AM
LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

Sami and Lucas broke in to the police storage room. Sami also stole the flash drives from Nick, and tried to get the evidence against Will from Bernadi.
you say it sami did everything

all ej did state the obvious the any dirt nick have will need to be destory
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

You just proved me right....EJami didn't scheme...Lumi did, Sonny and Sami did....there was NOTHING that Ej and Sami did together to help out Will's situation with Nick, except go to Stefano who was the one that had the connection with the crooked cop and got the evidence....Stefano schemed, Lumi schemed, Sonny and Sami schemed....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Sadly it's true, JS knows nothing about these characters. It's even more sad when he can't pinpoint his own character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:50 AM
S loves EJ
lysie
S loves EJ

The current one...

JS said in an interview fall 2011 that there was an answer as to who EJ loves, and there is no doubt in my mind that he was talking about Sami which pretty much killed Ejole for me, I liked them a Little bit Before that.

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:56 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
S loves EJ

You just proved me right....EJami didn't scheme...Lumi did, Sonny and Sami did....there was NOTHING that Ej and Sami did together to help out Will's situation with Nick, except go to Stefano who was the one that had the connection with the crooked cop and got the evidence....Stefano schemed, Lumi schemed, Sonny and Sami schemed....

I agree that Ejami didnīt schemed that much together, but at least bad scheming Sami was back while being together with EJ, as opposite to good and boring while being with Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
tomsawyer

I can see why you wouldn't consider that scheming, but I also see why JS does. And I think the dynamic did change in a major way, because in the past, Sami was always threatening to leave EJ if he wanted to use Dimera tactics or be connected with his father. That conversation in bed shows that she's overcome that hang up, at least for right now, anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Laufeyson
Jun 20 2013, 08:02 AM
Sadly it's true, JS knows nothing about these characters. It's even more sad when he can't pinpoint his own character.
I can get how an actor might be confused with how their character is written at times and they try to rationalize it somehow, find a way to explain it....and that is why as a person that isn't particularly a fan of JS and hates the character he plays, I was actually cheering him on when a few years ago he said that the writing was fucking stupid. It was the most accurate thing he ever said....and he was saying that in general I believe, but it still rung true....the stuff he's saying about liking this version of Ej we are seeing on screen is just so bizarre...what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I think "scheme" includes one or both of EJami using sneaky tactics to get what they want: using Stefano to get the evidence, using Lucas to break in the police station, EJ plotting to take DE, etc. They don't have to do everything together, but they are each okay with what the other is doing.

Quote:

what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....

At this point in time, EJ is with Sami, he can pretty much do anything he wants, and for the first time, she's not going to leave him for being a DiMera. I think James really likes this aspect of his story.
Edited by gailwinters, Jun 20 2013, 08:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

gailwinters
Jun 20 2013, 08:07 AM
I think "scheme" includes one or both of EJami using sneaky tactics to get what they want: using Stefano to get the evidence, using Lucas to break in the police station, EJ plotting to take DE, etc. They don't have to do everything together, but they are each okay with what the other is doing.
but the majority of all those ideas were Sami's ideas....Ej even tried to initially talk her out of going to Stefano for help but she was hell bent....IDK...I just don't think that Ejami together equals Sami going back to scheming...Sami can scheme on her own, with others, or with Ej....so the dynamic isn't particular exclusive to EJami and I know we suffered some on that angle with Safe being together, but even with them together, Sami schemed to keep Syd away from Ej.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I don't know a single person in that photo in the first post.
Online Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 19 2013, 12:03 PM
Seriously Alison Sweeney needs acting lessons
The only thing she has going for her, for me, is that sometimes she actually does look like DH's kid. Sometimes. It's a little sad that they could find Christie, who is PERFECT as the offspring John and Marlena raised, and who has DNA coming from WN's Roman and LH's Anna... Then you have Sami... They couldn't find someone who could play the perfect mix of sassy, good hearted at the core, but sort of a hellraiser?
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters

Quote:

what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....

At this point in time, EJ is with Sami, he can pretty much do anything he wants, and for the first time, she's not going to leave him for being a DiMera. I think James really likes this aspect of his story.
Yes, it's nice to see them create an environment where they're supportive of their natural inclination to break the law. I like the dynamic the show seems to be developing where their conflict isn't about right vs wrong, but about recklessly breaking the law vs being careful, so your crime can't be traced back to you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:11 AM
gailwinters
but the majority of all those ideas were Sami's ideas....Ej even tried to initially talk her out of going to Stefano for help but she was hell bent....IDK...I just don't think that Ejami together equals Sami going back to scheming...Sami can scheme on her own, with others, or with Ej....so the dynamic isn't particular exclusive to EJami and I know we suffered some on that angle with Safe being together, but even with them together, Sami schemed to keep Syd away from Ej.....

Ejami came up with the idea to get rid of the evidence against Will while they were in bed together. I know Lumi schemed together while they were in the storage room but that was to help their son, I donīt think he is that keen on scheming otherwise. He didnīt like it now either since he said he was out. I know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:05 AM
Laufeyson
I can get how an actor might be confused with how their character is written at times and they try to rationalize it somehow, find a way to explain it....and that is why as a person that isn't particularly a fan of JS and hates the character he plays, I was actually cheering him on when a few years ago he said that the writing was fucking stupid. It was the most accurate thing he ever said....and he was saying that in general I believe, but it still rung true....the stuff he's saying about liking this version of Ej we are seeing on screen is just so bizarre...what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....

The good thing about this version of EJ is that he has been doing Sami a lot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 08:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:05 AM
Laufeyson

The good thing about this version of EJ is that he has been doing Sami a lot.
and in the long run, as we've seen with the other men that have done Sami a lot...that can NEVER be good for EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic