Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 19 2013, 06:54 AM (19,048 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 08:28 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:11 AM
gailwinters
Jun 20 2013, 08:07 AM
I think "scheme" includes one or both of EJami using sneaky tactics to get what they want: using Stefano to get the evidence, using Lucas to break in the police station, EJ plotting to take DE, etc. They don't have to do everything together, but they are each okay with what the other is doing.
but the majority of all those ideas were Sami's ideas....Ej even tried to initially talk her out of going to Stefano for help but she was hell bent....IDK...I just don't think that Ejami together equals Sami going back to scheming...Sami can scheme on her own, with others, or with Ej....so the dynamic isn't particular exclusive to EJami and I know we suffered some on that angle with Safe being together, but even with them together, Sami schemed to keep Syd away from Ej.....

Ejami came up with the idea to get rid of the evidence against Will while they were in bed together. I know Lumi schemed together while they were in the storage room but that was to help their son, I donīt think he is that keen on scheming otherwise. He didnīt like it now either since he said he was out. I know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.
every lucas die hard fan hate that crap lucas from first episode was in essence schemer something sami was not even he grow up and less scheme now. even lucas consider let say good person now him not scheme to help his son was pure bullshit that done not push him from story.even good character cable to do anything for their child and yet lucas can not do something he done for years common
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 20 2013, 08:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:48 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:32 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 19 2013, 10:51 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
IDK, I'm starting to think it's more :blah: :blah: :blah: than anything.....didn't one of them (I forgot now) say a while ago in an interview that Ejami would be getting darker....and if by 'darker' they mean Sami saying to Ej while she's fucking him, 'I want Nick Fallon gone' then that's just stupid.....

I have a very, very hard time thinking that James who has gone on record more than once saying he prefers playing the darker Ej would like, never mind love this current version of EJ. He's not interesting, he's not doing anything particularly EJ like and he's actually pretty boring.....again like it always happens with ANY guy that is paired with Sami....SHE is the focus of the story, the guy (whomever he is) runs around in circles around her.

JS said their dynamic would change during a discussion about a problem while they were in bed, and it did they started scheming after that, anyway just because JS prefers bad EJ doesnīt mean he doesnīt like good EJ either way he has seemed happy in interview about them finally doing Ejami. He did say in an interview last fall Itīs about time for Ejami, and he was right.
The dynamic didn't change, they didn't do any scheming...they approached Stefano....IMHO that isn't scheming...if they would have done some scheming then I would have understood that quote from James, but they didn't so I'm still puzzled.

I still don't understand how you can go on record and say you prefer playing the more darker Ej and then say you are enjoying the Ej that is on screen now. IMHO, it would have made more sense for him to say, 'I enjoy Ejami and I think Sami makes Ej happy but I would love them to continue to write Ejami while they don't change EJ to make Ejami work'....or something like that.....
I've heard JS say a couple times that he likes it when EJ is sweet to Sami but a dick to everybody else, so maybe that's what he thinks is being written for EJ right now. And i agree with him to some degree, but I think the EJ that isn't around Sami could be a little darker. Maybe more of that is coming. :shrug:

As to JS knowing his character, I tend to agree with Lysie on this one. There has been so many versions of EJ under all the writing regimes that I think it's hard for anybody to claim they know the "real EJ." Like the rest of us, I think he simpy has the version of EJ that he prefers and calls that the real EJ. And I think his version of the "real EJ" is just as accurate as any of ours.

@Lysie, in addition to being excited about this upcoming story, I think JS may have been talking the show overall when he was so excited about what he taped. And I tend to agree with him that the show over the last couple of months has been really good soap. He was obviously excited about this Sami shooting story coming up too and so far, I agree with him that it's good stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

gailwinters
I think "scheme" includes one or both of EJami using sneaky tactics to get what they want: using Stefano to get the evidence, using Lucas to break in the police station, EJ plotting to take DE, etc. They don't have to do everything together, but they are each okay with what the other is doing.

Quote:

what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....

At this point in time, EJ is with Sami, he can pretty much do anything he wants, and for the first time, she's not going to leave him for being a DiMera. I think James really likes this aspect of his story.
on the bolded....then why does she continue to say that Ej has changed? If she is confident that she won't leave him for his Dimeraness or his link to Stefano or whatever way he's behaving...then why the need to tell people that the guy has changed? It's like she's giving validity to the fact that he might not be who he is...so she's happy with that.....

I am not particularly certain that Sami wouldn't leave Ej regardless if something happened to her family as a result of something he did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Jun 20 2013, 08:49 AM
LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:32 AM

JS said their dynamic would change during a discussion about a problem while they were in bed, and it did they started scheming after that, anyway just because JS prefers bad EJ doesnīt mean he doesnīt like good EJ either way he has seemed happy in interview about them finally doing Ejami. He did say in an interview last fall Itīs about time for Ejami, and he was right.
The dynamic didn't change, they didn't do any scheming...they approached Stefano....IMHO that isn't scheming...if they would have done some scheming then I would have understood that quote from James, but they didn't so I'm still puzzled.

I still don't understand how you can go on record and say you prefer playing the more darker Ej and then say you are enjoying the Ej that is on screen now. IMHO, it would have made more sense for him to say, 'I enjoy Ejami and I think Sami makes Ej happy but I would love them to continue to write Ejami while they don't change EJ to make Ejami work'....or something like that.....
I've heard JS say a couple times that he likes it when EJ is sweet to Sami but a dick to everybody else, so maybe that's what he thinks is being written for EJ right now. And i agree with him to some degree, but I think the EJ that isn't around Sami could be a little darker. Maybe more of that is coming. :shrug:

As to JS knowing his character, I tend to agree with Lysie on this one. There has been so many versions of EJ under all the writing regimes that I think it's hard for anybody to claim they know the "real EJ." Like the rest of us, I think he simpy has the version of EJ that he prefers and calls that the real EJ. And I think his version of the "real EJ" is just as accurate as any of ours.

@Lysie, in addition to being excited about this upcoming story, I think JS may have been talking the show overall when he was so excited about what he taped. And I tend to agree with him that the show over the last couple of months has been really good soap. He was obviously excited about this Sami shooting story coming up too and so far, I agree with him that it's good stuff.
but he's not being a dick to anyone else....he's being nice to Justin, Marlena, he's fine with Kristen, Rafe is in a coma so he can't be a dick to him, he's been nice to Will and Sonny, he barely interacts with anyone else that he can be dickish with....the only thing he went off on Abby yesterday.....but that's it...I haven't seen him be nice to Sami and ass to everyone else....and from the looks of it, we won't even see him be an ass to Stefano when he takes him down....Stef will be gone....

Ej is being nice to everyone.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 20 2013, 08:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

If EJ was acting like a Dimera, Sami wouldn't be with him. It's such a turn off for her. Look at how she treats his sister and Kristen is being a Dimera and herself, albeit the über cray cray version.
Edited by Laufeyson, Jun 20 2013, 08:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 08:03 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:50 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:47 AM
lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:36 AM

That would be shocking :OhMy: Still I think he just a big Ejami fan. :wub:
He was a big Ejole fan too....he goes with the writing....he's pretty much like AS in that regard.....I just think since Ejami was never written in a reciprocated love story that as an actor he looked forward to playing it out as it would be something new for him.

JS said in an interview fall 2011 that there was an answer as to who EJ loves, and there is no doubt in my mind that he was talking about Sami which pretty much killed Ejole for me, I liked them a Little bit Before that.

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:56 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:52 AM
LuvingLumi

Sami and Lucas broke in to the police storage room. Sami also stole the flash drives from Nick, and tried to get the evidence against Will from Bernadi.
You just proved me right....EJami didn't scheme...Lumi did, Sonny and Sami did....there was NOTHING that Ej and Sami did together to help out Will's situation with Nick, except go to Stefano who was the one that had the connection with the crooked cop and got the evidence....Stefano schemed, Lumi schemed, Sonny and Sami schemed....

I agree that Ejami didnīt schemed that much together, but at least bad scheming Sami was back while being together with EJ, as opposite to good and boring while being with Rafe.
I never saw that as him referring to Sami. He also said in SID not long after in early 2012 that if Ej and Sami didn't have kids together they'd never speak to each other again. I doubt at the time he was referring to Sami.

And now fast forward to 2013 Sami is the only woman Ej loved. Last year it was Nicole, the year before Taylor, next year is anyone's guess. Point being is love interest and couples change ALL the time. And at this point it's pointless to invest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
gailwinters
but the majority of all those ideas were Sami's ideas....Ej even tried to initially talk her out of going to Stefano for help but she was hell bent....IDK...I just don't think that Ejami together equals Sami going back to scheming...Sami can scheme on her own, with others, or with Ej....so the dynamic isn't particular exclusive to EJami and I know we suffered some on that angle with Safe being together, but even with them together, Sami schemed to keep Syd away from Ej.....

Ejami came up with the idea to get rid of the evidence against Will while they were in bed together. I know Lumi schemed together while they were in the storage room but that was to help their son, I donīt think he is that keen on scheming otherwise. He didnīt like it now either since he said he was out. I know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.
Yeah, many people forget that Lucas was the initial schemer...but you know, he got burned by it and he learned from that....IDK about Lucas not being able to scheme....I know what the writers have written and recently I know he backed off with the excuse that he didn't want to go back to jail and they had a daughter to think about....but just a few months back when he went to visit Sami at DImansion when she moved Allie in without telling him....Sami told him that she was going to go to Stefano for help with Will....and he then said that they could go back and try to get the evidence instead of her going through Stefano's contacts....SHE was the one that told him that his initial thought of staying out of it was right...she agreed with him and he then agreed that Stefano's crooked connections with the SPD might help....you see it's not so cut and dry....
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
Jun 20 2013, 08:48 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
gailwinters

every lucas die hard fan hate that crap lucas from first episode was in essence schemer something sami was not even he grow up and less scheme now. even lucas consider let say good person now him not scheme to help his son was pure bullshit that done not push him from story.even good character cable to do anything for their child and yet lucas can not do something he done for years common

i didnīt mean he canīt scheme to help his son, what I meant was I can see him scheme for his son but not otherwise.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Laufeyson
Jun 20 2013, 08:55 AM
If EJ was acting like a Dimera, Sami wouldn't be with him. It's such a turn off for her. Look at how she treats his sister and Kristen is being a Dimera and herself, albeit the über cray cray version.
Exactly and that to me is the failure of the couple.....in every sense of the word...for all intents and purposes....Sami loved Lucas even though he was Kate's son....she couldn't help it....albeit...she didn't have the Dimera link but she was still bad back then....
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Idk why it matters but I'm definitely under the impression that James may be the biggest ejami shipper in the world. He's not a writer though so that really has nothing to do with EJ. I don't have an issue with the writing for ejami. I have an issue with the writing for EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 09:13 AM
Idk why it matters but I'm definitely under the impression that James may be the biggest ejami shipper in the world. He's not a writer though so that really has nothing to do with EJ. I don't have an issue with the writing for ejami. I have an issue with the writing for EJ.
They all ship their pairings with AS...it's obvious....they all know what's going on...pair themselves up with her and they get airtime...pair themselves up with others...and they might not...it's that simple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Ej still got a good about of airtime when he was with Tayho/Nicole. And while I did not always enjoy the stories, he seemed to be the lead. Right now he is just a supporting player to Sami and is easily interchangable with Lucas/Rafe. He has no distinct personality. I don't find him unwatchable. But he don't stand apart from any other of Sami's men.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 06:14 AM
Manny
Jun 20 2013, 06:12 AM
So does anyone have a good Days Channel on YouTube with full episodes? I used to have some, but I can't seem to find them anymore...
Thanks!

I will pm you.
Can you PM me, too?
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:49 AM
gailwinters

Quote:

what exactly is so good about this version of Ej vs other versions, lol.....

At this point in time, EJ is with Sami, he can pretty much do anything he wants, and for the first time, she's not going to leave him for being a DiMera. I think James really likes this aspect of his story.
on the bolded....then why does she continue to say that Ej has changed? If she is confident that she won't leave him for his Dimeraness or his link to Stefano or whatever way he's behaving...then why the need to tell people that the guy has changed? It's like she's giving validity to the fact that he might not be who he is...so she's happy with that.....

I am not particularly certain that Sami wouldn't leave Ej regardless if something happened to her family as a result of something he did.
Because it's way easier to tell everybody that EJ has changed and that's why she can be with him, than to admit that she not only loves EJ, she loves being with EJ DiMera and all that it entails. She basically told EJ that when they were having "I want Nick Fallon dead" sex. If EJ were on good terms with Stefano, it might be a different story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jun 20 2013, 09:24 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 06:14 AM
Manny
Jun 20 2013, 06:12 AM
So does anyone have a good Days Channel on YouTube with full episodes? I used to have some, but I can't seem to find them anymore...
Thanks!

I will pm you.
Can you PM me, too?
I Sent you pm so check your pm box
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 20 2013, 09:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 09:10 AM
Laufeyson
Jun 20 2013, 08:55 AM
Exactly and that to me is the failure of the couple.....in every sense of the word...for all intents and purposes....Sami loved Lucas even though he was Kate's son....she couldn't help it....albeit...she didn't have the Dimera link but she was still bad back then....

Even though Iīm an Ejami fan Iīm a littöle concern that Ejami would make EJ good and boring since I love bad EJ, I havenīt been bored with Ejami yet though so far have I enjoyed them. Sami hasnīt accepted EJīs bad side in the past because of their bad history but I think the writers is working towards fixing that and have Ejami scheme together. Anyway I can see Sami accepting and loving a milder version of bad EJ like him blackmailing someone but not putting out a hit on someone. I donīt think Sami will ever be a mafiawife. Still Iīm not sure if I want EJ running around killing people it might be time for him to be less bad but still a little bad.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jun 20 2013, 03:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 09:15 AM
lysie
They all ship their pairings with AS...it's obvious....they all know what's going on...pair themselves up with her and they get airtime...pair themselves up with others...and they might not...it's that simple.
I don't think airtime is actually the reason JS wanted Ejami written as a couple. If you look at his epi count though the first few months of this year, his airtime has actually been reduced since Ejami became a couple. Personally, I think he wanted Ejami written as a couple because (a) it was something different and a story that was unfulfilled to that point, and (b) he feels like EJ and Sami mesh well because they both have a good side and bad side.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

lysie

I meant that maybe JS is so happy about the writhing for Ejami that he overlooks the writhing for EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jun 20 2013, 09:23 AM
Ej still got a good about of airtime when he was with Tayho/Nicole. And while I did not always enjoy the stories, he seemed to be the lead. Right now he is just a supporting player to Sami
Snipped the section I agree with. JS is not in the same position as BD and now GG appear to be where Sami controls their character's airtime. ITA that EJ seems to have been given a lesser role now that he and Sami are together. If JS wants EJ to be more prominent, it seems he should be shipping a different pairing.

On EJ changing - Sami keeps saying that because he has changed. He could have tried to kill Rafe, Nicole and Dan, but he didn't. I don't think she'll ever support him hurting her relatives and she shouldn't. She has a problem with Kristen, because Kristen was targeting her mom and brother.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Jun 20 2013, 09:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 09:15 AM
lysie
I don't think airtime is actually the reason JS wanted Ejami written as a couple. If you look at his epi count though the first few months of this year, his airtime has actually been reduced since Ejami became a couple. Personally, I think he wanted Ejami written as a couple because (a) it was something different and a story that was unfulfilled to that point, and (b) he feels like EJ and Sami mesh well because they both have a good side and bad side.
His airtime starting around last fall was reduced significantly....I'm starting to think that his guarantee was bumped down an episode or so.....and it would only make sense that he thought that with AS he can get more airtime...IDK....to me it's just the same with all of Sami's men...why isn't GG trying to promote whatever is happening with the CS character and Rafe? Why is BD so vocal always about Lumi...IMHO I think it has to do with the fact that they know their chances of getting 'story' is greater with Sami...whatever story that is....the chance is more....

I'm not saying that he didn't want Ejami, I agree that he probably wanted the story to be told, just like AS did....and it would be something new that he could play....I get that...but I think it has a lot to do with AS and how they have more chances for airtime/story with her....obviously the story can be shit but that's another thing....
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic