Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, June 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 19 2013, 06:54 AM (18,956 Views)
S loves EJ

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 09:08 AM
Partnersincrime
Jun 20 2013, 08:48 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 08:28 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 08:11 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Ejami came up with the idea to get rid of the evidence against Will while they were in bed together. I know Lumi schemed together while they were in the storage room but that was to help their son, I donīt think he is that keen on scheming otherwise. He didnīt like it now either since he said he was out. I know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.
every lucas die hard fan hate that crap lucas from first episode was in essence schemer something sami was not even he grow up and less scheme now. even lucas consider let say good person now him not scheme to help his son was pure bullshit that done not push him from story.even good character cable to do anything for their child and yet lucas can not do something he done for years common

i didnīt mean he canīt scheme to help his son, what I meant was I can see him scheme for his son but not otherwise.

I know I didnīt watched Lucas in his early years since I started watching around the time of Willīs paternity being revealed, but I did get a glimpse of him and Sami scheming to break up Carrie and Austin, and I didnīt liked that because Carrie obviously was inlove with Austin and Lucas should have respected that.
Online Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 06:14 AM
Manny
Jun 20 2013, 06:12 AM
So does anyone have a good Days Channel on YouTube with full episodes? I used to have some, but I can't seem to find them anymore...
Thanks!

I will pm you.
Can you do the same for me?? I hate having to wait till the next day to watch eps when I am on the boards hearing how good they are.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Aliaron
Jun 20 2013, 07:31 AM
lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:19 AM
Honestly, I'm not really sure how James could know EJ anyway. The character has been changed through so many different writing regimes from the beginning that he really doesn't even have a foundation to work with. I think he's probably like a lot of us in that he just has a preferred version. I'm just surprised at what his preferred version appears to be.
I agree that he can't know about Ej because Ej has no solid foundation. Seven years of leading and heavy pimping and he has no real background and no real character skeleton. So I understand why he doesn't know Ej. But to be fair Blake Berris tries to meld his history to form a character that makes sense. James doesn't even try.

Also he doesn't know Sami either. When he talks about who she is and her motivation it never connects to the essense of the character. Its the same as when JS talks about Stefano and Nicole. I absolutely hate when he talks about Stefano. Its like he is talking about a character i haven't spent decades watching. He just makes up who these vet characters are and they never match.

He has no clue.
Defining a 'true' character is completely subjective. I consider myself a life long Sami fan and based on your comments I can guarantee we disagree on who the 'real' Sami is. Does that make my opinion more or less accurate than yours? No - but it is what it is.

I do think the actors at least have the advantage of being able to discuss character motivations with directors/writers/TPTB and with one another so to a large degree I'd say they have a better take on their character's motivations or true core than you or I do. You may not agree with their choices but they have to work within the confines of the writing and direction and go from there. I think JS has done a commendable job of finding ways to continue to make EJ a popular love to love/love to hate character despite the wayward writing he's had to deal with over the years.

I agree with Lysie's point that it's a bit surprising that JS seems to prefer the current version of EJ over all others but part of me thinks Tom was right in that his overall upbeat attitude probably has more to do with the overall writing for the show as a whole. He mentioned in the interview he did for DR that he's really enjoying the scripts and thinks this is just really good 'soap' (I'm paraphrasing him - I hope accurately) and I definitely agree with that. It's been years since I've enjoyed the overall show as much as I have been for the past several weeks. And that seems to be the case for many people whether they ship a particular couple or not. In fact, I'm pretty pumped about the fact that I'm enjoying the show this much even though my favorite pairing isn't featured as heavily as they have been - both together and separately - for the past several years.

My personal preference would be to see EJ's dark side ramped up a bit. For example, I thought his reaction to Sami being attacked was too mild. He should have been losing his shit or at the very least putting one of the DiMera insiders on the case to sniff out who was responsible. But I can only guess they've decided to focus on writing EJ as being solely focused on saving and supporting Sami at all costs and key on the drama that he's still ambivalent about why she reacted as she did to protect Rafe in the first place. It's not the focus I would prefer they give him but I can deal. We're still seeing EJ's tendencies such as motioning Sami to keep quiet about having a possible motive to kill Bernardi while she was talking to Justin (which will no doubt come back to bite them in the ass hard) and to react so vehemently with Chad and Abigail about the video.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

six
Jun 20 2013, 09:47 AM
MissLola
Jun 20 2013, 09:23 AM
Ej still got a good about of airtime when he was with Tayho/Nicole. And while I did not always enjoy the stories, he seemed to be the lead. Right now he is just a supporting player to Sami
Snipped the section I agree with. JS is not in the same position as BD and now GG appear to be where Sami controls their character's airtime. ITA that EJ seems to have been given a lesser role now that he and Sami are together. If JS wants EJ to be more prominent, it seems he should be shipping a different pairing.

On EJ changing - Sami keeps saying that because he has changed. He could have tried to kill Rafe, Nicole and Dan, but he didn't. I don't think she'll ever support him hurting her relatives and she shouldn't. She has a problem with Kristen, because Kristen was targeting her mom and brother.
JS is not same position as BD and now GG appear to be now

the reason JS held before because was villan something the show lack off and new.

if he not villan any more and cost more to pay and not pair with sami i see him in the same position as BD and now GG appear to be now
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

mandadawn
Jun 20 2013, 10:09 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 06:14 AM
Manny
Jun 20 2013, 06:12 AM
So does anyone have a good Days Channel on YouTube with full episodes? I used to have some, but I can't seem to find them anymore...
Thanks!

I will pm you.
Can you do the same for me?? I hate having to wait till the next day to watch eps when I am on the boards hearing how good they are.
do you want to watch live or full episode later
Offline Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

lysie
Honestly, I'm not really sure how James could know EJ anyway. The character has been changed through so many different writing regimes from the beginning that he really doesn't even have a foundation to work with. I think he's probably like a lot of us in that he just has a preferred version. I'm just surprised at what his preferred version appears to be.
Well I would prefer this version of EJ over the one who choked Nicole. I know he said in interviews that he didn't understand that either or care for it. Even though its so out of character for EJ, I think JS is probably enjoying a little stability that the writers have given EJ. He is in a relationship and doing something besides plotting against Sami or trying to keep a secret from Sami. I know I am glad not to be seeing the same back and forth crap we have dealt with the last 7 years.

Does EJ need to get a little dirty? Yes! But, I also think it can happen against others and not strictly Sami, Rafe or the Bradys. I just want a break from the triangle from hell for at least a few more months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Funny enough I JUST read this short Emmy interview from JS where he talked about the same thing we are talking about...

Quote:

http://tvsourcemagazine.c...es-scott-eric-martsolf/2/

EJ's done a lot of nefarious things over the years (especially to Sami), but Scott enjoys playing the various facets of the EJ character when given the chance. "My only concern is they only have me play one side at a time," he said laughing. "I wish they wrote the character to show all sides, at all times. I think over the last year they have gotten a lot closer to the essence of the character which has been really encouraging to me."
So going back to the original discussion around why JS is enjoying the writing for EJ right now, I think it's the balance of being able to play the softer romantic/family stuff and the darker stuff at the same time. I get that EJ isn't as dark as he has been in the past (and personally, I'd like to see him a little darker), but I do get JS's point to some degree. For the first time, EJ is getting to be with Sami and is also getting to do some not-so-nice things (plotting to steal DE from his dad, stealing MW secrets, openly hating Rafe, etc.) at the same time, without worrying he's going to lose Sami. Hopefully, the darker stuff becomes more prominent in the coming months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

mandadawn
Jun 20 2013, 10:16 AM
lysie
Well I would prefer this version of EJ over the one who choked Nicole. I know he said in interviews that he didn't understand that either or care for it. Even though its so out of character for EJ, I think JS is probably enjoying a little stability that the writers have given EJ. He is in a relationship and doing something besides plotting against Sami or trying to keep a secret from Sami. I know I am glad not to be seeing the same back and forth crap we have dealt with the last 7 years.

Does EJ need to get a little dirty? Yes! But, I also think it can happen against others and not strictly Sami, Rafe or the Bradys. I just want a break from the triangle from hell for at least a few more months.

EJ trying to choke Nicole was that when he found out the truth about Sydney, he grabbed her neck then but it didnīt look like he was trying to choke her. Anyway I like that the current version of EJ seems happy, he has been smiling a lot especially with Sami in bed. He seemed unhappy when married to Nicole 2009.
Online Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 10:27 AM
mandadawn
lysie

EJ trying to choke Nicole was that when he found out the truth about Sydney, he grabbed her neck then but it didnīt look like he was trying to choke her. Anyway I like that the current version of EJ seems happy, he has been smiling a lot especially with Sami in bed. He seemed unhappy when married to Nicole 2009.
It's true he seemed unhappy with Nicole in 2009 but in late 2011 after the whole Tayho thing, the relationship between EJ and Nicole seemed more real than anything that has involved Ejami. Nicole is the one who truly understands and accepts Ej and this is coming from someone who hated Nicole during 2008-2009 because she seemed so desperate to get Ej's love.

That being said, I am wanting to see how they develop the relationship between Ericole. Eric needs to start accepting Nicole for who she is for this "relationship" to ever work, if it even starts offically.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

Finally watching the ep and with only a few mins in I already can say that I am enjoying the dynamic between Sami and Eric. They actually have really good sibling chemistry. She could have played the part screechy like normal, but I this AS took GV's cue and played it calmly. But since its only been their first seen, I am sure screechy Sami is around the corner.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 20 2013, 10:24 AM
Funny enough I JUST read this short Emmy interview from JS where he talked about the same thing we are talking about...

Quote:

http://tvsourcemagazine.c...es-scott-eric-martsolf/2/

EJ's done a lot of nefarious things over the years (especially to Sami), but Scott enjoys playing the various facets of the EJ character when given the chance. "My only concern is they only have me play one side at a time," he said laughing. "I wish they wrote the character to show all sides, at all times. I think over the last year they have gotten a lot closer to the essence of the character which has been really encouraging to me."
So going back to the original discussion around why JS is enjoying the writing for EJ right now, I think it's the balance of being able to play the softer romantic/family stuff and the darker stuff at the same time. I get that EJ isn't as dark as he has been in the past (and personally, I'd like to see him a little darker), but I do get JS's point to some degree. For the first time, EJ is getting to be with Sami and is also getting to do some not-so-nice things (plotting to steal DE from his dad, stealing MW secrets, openly hating Rafe, etc.) at the same time, without worrying he's going to lose Sami. Hopefully, the darker stuff becomes more prominent in the coming months.
It surprises me because the character is basically an extra, lol. Maybe not quite that bad but he's being completely overshadowed like Sami which is a chief complaint with any pairing of hers. It's also stupid. She's just not good enough to be the main one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
S loves EJ
Partnersincrime
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.
every lucas die hard fan hate that crap lucas from first episode was in essence schemer something sami was not even he grow up and less scheme now. even lucas consider let say good person now him not scheme to help his son was pure bullshit that done not push him from story.even good character cable to do anything for their child and yet lucas can not do something he done for years common

i didnīt mean he canīt scheme to help his son, what I meant was I can see him scheme for his son but not otherwise.

I know I didnīt watched Lucas in his early years since I started watching around the time of Willīs paternity being revealed, but I did get a glimpse of him and Sami scheming to break up Carrie and Austin, and I didnīt liked that because Carrie obviously was inlove with Austin and Lucas should have respected that.
Well, I mean...obviously that's why he had to scheme. It was the exact same as Sami scheming to get Austin who was clearly in love with Carrie. If that weren't the case, scheming wouldn't have been necessary.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

mandadawn
Jun 20 2013, 10:33 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 10:27 AM
mandadawn
lysie

It's true he seemed unhappy with Nicole in 2009 but in late 2011 after the whole Tayho thing, the relationship between EJ and Nicole seemed more real than anything that has involved Ejami. Nicole is the one who truly understands and accepts Ej and this is coming from someone who hated Nicole during 2008-2009 because she seemed so desperate to get Ej's love.

That being said, I am wanting to see how they develop the relationship between Ericole. Eric needs to start accepting Nicole for who she is for this "relationship" to ever work, if it even starts offically.

I agree that Nicole accepts real EJ more than Sami, but I think Ejami has better chemistry than Ejole. Still I haved liked Ejole a Little bit so maybe I could again.
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 10:51 AM
S loves EJ
S loves EJ
Partnersincrime

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character

Well, I mean...obviously that's why he had to scheme. It was the exact same as Sami scheming to get Austin who was clearly in love with Carrie. If that weren't the case, scheming wouldn't have been necessary.

I didnīt like Sami at first either for the same reason, but I can see now how she was a great villain. Anyway maybe I would like Lucas as a schemer now there was several reason why I didnīt like him the first years of watching, but I like him now even if I have loved EJ a lot more.
Online Profile Goto Top

Angelsmile

tomsawyer
Jun 20 2013, 08:49 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:48 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 20 2013, 07:32 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

JS said their dynamic would change during a discussion about a problem while they were in bed, and it did they started scheming after that, anyway just because JS prefers bad EJ doesnīt mean he doesnīt like good EJ either way he has seemed happy in interview about them finally doing Ejami. He did say in an interview last fall Itīs about time for Ejami, and he was right.
The dynamic didn't change, they didn't do any scheming...they approached Stefano....IMHO that isn't scheming...if they would have done some scheming then I would have understood that quote from James, but they didn't so I'm still puzzled.

I still don't understand how you can go on record and say you prefer playing the more darker Ej and then say you are enjoying the Ej that is on screen now. IMHO, it would have made more sense for him to say, 'I enjoy Ejami and I think Sami makes Ej happy but I would love them to continue to write Ejami while they don't change EJ to make Ejami work'....or something like that.....
I've heard JS say a couple times that he likes it when EJ is sweet to Sami but a dick to everybody else, so maybe that's what he thinks is being written for EJ right now. And i agree with him to some degree, but I think the EJ that isn't around Sami could be a little darker. Maybe more of that is coming. :shrug:

As to JS knowing his character, I tend to agree with Lysie on this one. There has been so many versions of EJ under all the writing regimes that I think it's hard for anybody to claim they know the "real EJ." Like the rest of us, I think he simpy has the version of EJ that he prefers and calls that the real EJ. And I think his version of the "real EJ" is just as accurate as any of ours.

@Lysie, in addition to being excited about this upcoming story, I think JS may have been talking the show overall when he was so excited about what he taped. And I tend to agree with him that the show over the last couple of months has been really good soap. He was obviously excited about this Sami shooting story coming up too and so far, I agree with him that it's good stuff.
I could have mad passionate sex with this post. So fair, even-handed, nonjudgemental, such a rare find, I could be in love.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
S loves EJ
Partnersincrime
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character. As for Rafe it was times when he was showned not to like Sami scheming. In other words I think EJ loves scheming Sami best while the other two prefers good Sami, and thatīs why he is the best match for her plus Ejamiīs Chemistry.

lucas did not just scheme to get carrie but scheme to other stuff

i may be fan lucas but i never fan of lucas and carrie because of that and even sami did not drag austin i would not be fan of austin and sami since acted the same as lucas

and that i never will fan of ej and sami.even if the rape never happed.ej gone after sami even he knew she happy with someone else
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jun 20 2013, 11:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
Jun 20 2013, 11:15 AM
S loves EJ
S loves EJ
Partnersincrime

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good character

i may be fan lucas but i never fan of lucas and carrie because of that and even sami did not drag austin i would not be fan of austin and sami since acted the same as lucas

and that i never will fan of ej and sami.even if the rape never happed.ej gone after sami even he knew she happy with someone else

Carrie didnīt seemed interested in Lucas at all while there was alyways a spark between Ejami, so I could understand why EJ would think Sami would be interested in him even if she loved Lucas, plus Ejami has chemistry which Carrie and Lucas didnīt. Anyway I wasnīt rooting for Sami when she wanted to break up Caustin but I did like Saustin later when he wanted to be with her of her own free wil even if I thought Austin was a bit stupid for forgiving her, and when Ejami made love in 2008 it was something she wanted not because of a scheme. I did loved Ejami inscenes together the first half of 2007, but I loved EJ more as a villain then rather than as a lovematch for Sami.
Online Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

six
Jun 20 2013, 09:47 AM
MissLola
Jun 20 2013, 09:23 AM
Ej still got a good about of airtime when he was with Tayho/Nicole. And while I did not always enjoy the stories, he seemed to be the lead. Right now he is just a supporting player to Sami
Snipped the section I agree with. JS is not in the same position as BD and now GG appear to be where Sami controls their character's airtime. ITA that EJ seems to have been given a lesser role now that he and Sami are together. If JS wants EJ to be more prominent, it seems he should be shipping a different pairing.

I think it's normal for actors to ship whatever current pairing they are in. Minus Taylor I think James has pretty much promoted or shipped whatever his current pairing was.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 11:40 AM
Partnersincrime
S loves EJ
S loves EJ

Carrie didnīt seemed interested in Lucas at all while there was alyways a spark between Ejami, so I could understand why EJ would think Sami would be interested in him even if she loved Lucas, plus Ejami has chemistry which Carrie and Lucas didnīt. Anyway I wasnīt rooting for Sami when she wanted to break up Caustin but I did like Saustin later when he wanted to be with her of her own free wil even if I thought Austin was a bit stupid for forgiving her, and when Ejami made love in 2008 it was something she wanted not because of a scheme. I did loved Ejami inscenes together the first half of 2007, but I loved EJ more as a villain then rather than as a lovematch for Sami.
chemistry aside to that logic carrie was interested in Lucas not as austin until 1997 when mike came to the pic carrie almost lost her virginity to lucas in 1993.sami show less interested that carrie in lucas at least for those who watch than.and ej did not care sami married to lucas the man she love and she have chlidren with lucas that was the time ej tried to kill lucas if sami does not want him so nobody can have her
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
Jun 20 2013, 11:51 AM
S loves EJ
Jun 20 2013, 11:40 AM
Partnersincrime
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep know Lucas use to scheme but Iīm not sure if he can get back to that since they changed his character to a more good characterbut I did get a glimpse of him and Sami scheming to break up Carrie and Austin, and I didnīt liked that because Carrie obviously was inlove with Austin and Lucas should have respected that.

chemistry aside to that logic carrie was interested in Lucas not as austin until 1997 when mike came to the pic carrie almost lost her virginity to lucas in 1993.sami show less interested that carrie in lucas at least for those who watch than.and ej did not care sami married to lucas the man she love and she have chlidren with lucas that was the time ej tried to kill lucas if sami does not want him so nobody can have her

I donīt have any memory of seeing Carrie interested in Lucas is most have been before my time. I never said that EJ cared for Lumiīs marriage,but that there was chemistry between him and Sami that would make him believe that she really wanted him, and he was right since she ended up in his bed, and I could see whe EJ would Think them being soulmates with both having a good and a bad side.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic