Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 research now at final 3,000 episodes!; 9,108 down...3,000 to go
Topic Started: Jun 19 2013, 06:01 PM (778 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

THE FINAL 3,000!! :cheers:

Just finished up the 8/1/01 cast & set list...that is episode # 9108. The episode that aired today is # 12108. That leaves just the most recent 3,000 episodes to finish up and finalize cast/set research!!! 9,108 down...3,000 to go

8/1/01: Belle, Brady, Caroline, Chloe, Colin, Grandpa Shawn, Hope, Jan, Jason, Jennifer, John, Lexie, Kevin, Mimi, Nancy, Paul, Philip, Shawn, Mr. Woods, Ms. Perez, Susan, Penelope, Isaac, JT, Elizabeth, Lisa, Boat Captain/Eduardo Rivas, Teen Girl # 1, Teen Girl # 2.
Sets: Boat Cabin, Boat Deck, Wesley Dining Room, Basketball Court, Brady Pub & Exterior, Ext. Pub/Ireland, Wesley House; ON LOCATION: Boat & Water with Coastline.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mollymay

Whoo Hoo!! Congratulations Jason!!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Wow, Jason! I'm always amazed at how much time and effort you invest. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate all you do. I go to your site at least once a day to look something up.

Jason47
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 19 2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, Jason! I'm always amazed at how much time and effort you invest. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate all you do. I go to your site at least once a day to look something up.
This will be over a decade or so in the making, so I'm looking forward to getting all the 49 years+ of daily cast/set lists up on the site, hopefully in late 2014/early 2015....coming into the home stretch now.

Started with 1965 at the beginning of 2005. Finishing up just about ten years later.

Not many shows make 48/49 years of episodes, and I don't know of any that have all of the daily episode info available for everyone to see on the internet.

Looks like "Days" will become the first series to have that happen :)

jb1183

Jason47
Jun 19 2013, 06:54 PM
gailwinters
This will be over a decade or so in the making, so I'm looking forward to getting all the 49 years+ of daily cast/set lists up on the site, hopefully in late 2014/early 2015....coming into the home stretch now.

Started with 1965 at the beginning of 2005. Finishing up just about ten years later.

Not many shows make 48/49 years of episodes, and I don't know of any that have all of the daily episode info available for everyone to see on the internet.

Congrats, Jason! I can't begin to tell you how much I love your site. It's an incredible resource for Days fans and, you're right, I've never seen anything else on the internet with that wealth of information for any of the other long running soaps. You're a true pioneer!

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

jb1183
Jun 19 2013, 08:04 PM
Jason47
gailwinters

Congrats, Jason! I can't begin to tell you how much I love your site. It's an incredible resource for Days fans and, you're right, I've never seen anything else on the internet with that wealth of information for any of the other long running soaps. You're a true pioneer!
I agree. I've checked out the site, and it's awesome! Bravo Jason!
Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 20 2013, 12:46 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jason47
gailwinters

That's awesome, Jason! I was always impressed by your dedication and work!

Btw, where do you get the info? Do you know a site with maybe yearly recaps for Days? I am collecting soap histories for my private archives. I've got Y&R, B&B, AMC, OLTL and GH.. Would love to have Days as well.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Congratulations Jason, I'm amazed by all your efforts. It's always great to find all these rare infos on your site.
If I may make a small suggestion, you should think about adding an index, a site map or something one day, it would be very useful.
And thank you so much for sharing all your great work with us. :)

Sandell

HOLY MOLY JASON!! THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!

jdawg1077

What I love is that one day, perhaps when Days is long gone, those of us who want to reminisce and look back at the show will always have a site that we can go to in order to see all of the information that we need. And it's all thanks to Jason's persistence, hard work, and passion. We all owe you our gratitude!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Manny
Jun 20 2013, 02:09 AM
Do you know a site with maybe yearly recaps for Days? I am collecting soap histories for my private archives. I've got Y&R, B&B, AMC, OLTL and GH.. Would love to have Days as well.
My site has the links to all the yearly summaries and daily summaries...here's the page you are looking for:

http://www.jason47.com/days/episodesummaries.html

Jason47
Member Avatar

Thanks for all the nice compliments everyone!! :)

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Jason, if I may ask a question - do you know how long Eileen Davidson signed on to Days for this time around? (I believe she re-signed with them on 7/5/12). I'm wondering what the chances are that she'll be lured back to Y&R since it was rumored the headwriter over there was NOT happy to see her go. Given the loss of Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Staffords exit, I'm wondering whether she'll stick around Salem. Thanks in advance!! :wave:

Jason47
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jun 20 2013, 01:57 PM
Jason, if I may ask a question - do you know how long Eileen Davidson signed on to Days for this time around? (I believe she re-signed with them on 7/5/12). I'm wondering what the chances are that she'll be lured back to Y&R since it was rumored the headwriter over there was NOT happy to see her go. Given the loss of Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Staffords exit, I'm wondering whether she'll stick around Salem. Thanks in advance!! :wave:
No, my guess is probably for 2 years, but would just be a guess.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 20 2013, 12:38 PM
Manny
Jun 20 2013, 02:09 AM
Do you know a site with maybe yearly recaps for Days? I am collecting soap histories for my private archives. I've got Y&R, B&B, AMC, OLTL and GH.. Would love to have Days as well.
My site has the links to all the yearly summaries and daily summaries...here's the page you are looking for:

http://www.jason47.com/days/episodesummaries.html
OMG! That's awesome! I have been visiting your web site for years and somehow I never knew there was a episode history section! Cool! Thanks!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Manny
Jun 21 2013, 03:38 AM
That's awesome! I have been visiting your web site for years and somehow I never knew there was a episode history section! Cool! Thanks!
I just compiled the summary page in 2012, so it's a newer section. It was mostly for me in the beginning, since I was tired of having to find the old, Internet archive versions of Beth's summaries, since I check the summaries sometimes when I'm adding in the daily cast/set lists. Now that I made that page, it's easy for me to get right to the summaries I need, in this case, I'm working on 2001.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Jason, I have always loved your work and it has also peaked my curiosity about what got you into doing this? What made you decide to start collecting stats? Also, since you've clearly done such extensive research, do you personally have a favorite period of the show?

Jason47
Member Avatar

psychofan
Jun 23 2013, 10:47 AM
Jason, I have always loved your work and it has also peaked my curiosity about what got you into doing this? What made you decide to start collecting stats?
I guess I was just born to like stats. My first real "collection" was when I started collecting TV Guides in the 1980s. Then, after watching "Days" for most of 1990, I guess since it was the only "daily/5 times a week" show that I watched, I wanted to keep track of who was on each day, which I started doing in January 1991. And then it just became part of my daily routine...this was years before the internet was even born, so it wasn't like I had plans on releasing the info to the entire world...it just worked out that way. And of course, back then, I was always hopeful that I'd eventually somehow/someway be able to get all of the daily cast/set lists from 1965-1990 that I was missing. It was just a "fantasy" wish back then, but who knew over 20 years later that it would come to pass and I'd not only have all the info for myself, but I'd also get to post the info for everyone who was interested in seeing it. And sometime next year, or in early 2015, that process which started way back in 1990 will finally be complete, when I release the almost 50+ years of daily cast/set lists on my site. Can't believe the project, which started in 1990, and will be about 25 years in the making, will finally be all complete within the next year or two!! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply