Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TOLN Announces No More Foul Language on AMC/OLTL
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 02:55 PM (1,133 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

TOLN Announces No More Foul Language.

TOLN just announced on their Twitter that at the request of the fans there would be no more cursing on AMC/OLTL.

I thought it was fine in moderation but I understand their need to cater to their more conservative fans.

Twitter

Source: Soap Central

Edited by bellajewel, Jun 20 2013, 03:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Ugh. I'm torn. In true moderation, it would have be fine. Their problem was coming on too strong with it at the beginning. They should have eased into it and made it feel more natural, like it does now, or was starting to.

Bremol
Member Avatar

So if I'm reading that right, they aren't even going to be using things like damn, ass, bitch etc? They used damn and bitch on tv, so the fans complaining should've been used to that already. If they'd used the 'foul' words like people do in the real world, it wouldn't have been bad. It was the every other word being 'shit' that made it so bad. Most of the people I know don't go about saying shit or any other foul language unless they're ticked off. And I work with the public, so I meet all kinds of people.

ETA: Did they go back and edit all of the shows they already have in the 'can'? Wonder what they did? Replace them with 'fake' words or bleep the others out?
Edited by Bremol, Jun 20 2013, 05:39 PM.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I think they should use cursing in moderation. They were doing it a little much. Another sign Prospect Park doesn't know what it's doing I'm afraid. First 4 episodes cut to 2 then this! What's next? Afraid to ask lol!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well fuck.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

What curse words did they use?

KMan101
Member Avatar

The eased in fuck a few times I think. I at least remember Jesse clearly saying it but not "saying it" if anyone remembers that scene?

They used shit a LOT honestly, however, I hear it so much in every day life (honestly, from EVERYONE) that I rarely pay it any attention anymore. Not saying it's probably right but just how it is.

I'm disappointed they're likely listening to just a really loud bunch of 'fans' who are all prude. I mean, really? Hearing a soap character say shit is going to upset your day? LOL. To each their own I suppose. However, I think it was a loud bunch of crazies. They DID overuse the word Shit. I'll give them that. It was becoming obnoxious as if they were trying to use it as much as possible so it is their own damn fault in the end.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I am glad because the cursing destroyed the legacy of both shows.By FCC rule, they were supposed to issue a rating and parental advisory for each show.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Totally LAME!

The swearing was one of the best new things about soaps on the internet.

Thanks TOLN for yet anther major screwup!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 24 2013, 10:14 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here is a clip of all the swearing on OLTL - I personally LOVE ALL of it.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfuYz3X5Ntg

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Classic
Jun 20 2013, 02:55 PM
TOLN Announces No More Foul Language.

TOLN just announced on their Twitter that at the request of the fans there would be no more cursing on AMC/OLTL.

I thought it was fine in moderation but I understand their need to cater to their more conservative fans.

Twitter

Source: Soap Central

FUCK the Conservative fans....

I hate how people ALWAYS cater to fucking Conservative groups, while the rest of us get shit upon.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

The fucking up-tight fans ruined something that was cutting edge and amazing for both shows. I'm sad.

Next they'll take away the sexual content and couples will be sleeping in separate beds and not showing an inch of skin on themselves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply