Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick - OUT!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 04:26 PM (12,616 Views)
HourGlassFan

Bummed about Casey leaving. I was liking the interaction with EJ lately and that they were starting to build a little bit of a relationship the actors even share a bit of a familial (tall, slim, dark & handsome) resemblance. Was looking forward to the Dimera brothers teaming up down the road. guess it's not to be. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 06:04 PM
Sindacco
Jun 20 2013, 04:56 PM
Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 04:50 PM
I just think it's funny since Tomlin was the one who made him a DiMera to integrate him into the canvas.
Wasn't that Higley?
I'm almost positive that he said in an interview that it was Tomlin. Ill try to find it later tonight.
It was our interview!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8569558/1/

"...heís gone from being Chad Peterson-Woods to Chad DiMera. ď[When I started] I didnít even really know what a DiMera was,Ē Deidrick laughs. ď[Once Mia left], I didnít really think there was a place in Salem for Chad. Gary Tomlin really fought for me and believed in me. He wanted me to stay and wanted me to become a part of the main family. So they made me a DiMera.'"

lysie
Member Avatar

Honestly, I'd have been shocked if he had stayed. He was clearly unhappy in Orlando.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

It is so funny being a newby, that when I watched the Orlando Florida thing with some of the cast that Casey was so detached, very little to say to the point that I wondered why he was there, and then his (Chad's) story picked up. I thought maybe he was being coy, maybe he was bored. Abby could be whatever they want to make her be. An investigator, journalist,lawyer the sky is the limit. I hope they have big plans for her. I will miss Casey. I am happy for him but sad for me :( :(

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I kind of wish Darin Brooks' tweet about coming back to DAYS was factual now though... I mean who's Abby going to be with now? Cameron? Zzz!

I guess I better start sporting my EJ/Abby banner again! :P

Ellie

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:02 PM
Honestly, I'd have been shocked if he had stayed. He was clearly unhappy in Orlando.
What did he say there?

I met him last year at the "Outfest" panel event a year ago. He could not have been nicer, and he seemed very positive about his role on the show and the storyline.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
They haven't been giving him anything! He basically an overpaid extra :shame:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Casey/Chad has really never had a major role on Days. The attempts to make him part of the Dimera family were a fail IMO. I have seen him on some prime time stuff and he is much better than I have ever seen him on Days. I don't blame him for leaving... good luck to him!!

Hugo
Member Avatar

I read some tweets about Chandler and Camila leaving as well. Drake too but I guess it would be just not returning in his case.
Not sure if this is the truth or just rumors/speculations.
Edited by Hugo, Jun 20 2013, 07:19 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 07:03 PM
lysie
What did he say there?

I met him last year at the "Outfest" panel event a year ago. He could not have been nicer, and he seemed very positive about his role on the show and the storyline.
Oh, he was nice. But it was obvious that he knew no one really cared about the Cameron/Abby/Chad triangle and who Abby was going to lose her virginity to. At that time, it wasn't even really a triangle. He asked us who we wanted Abby with and Michelle and I both had a hard time answering.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jun 20 2013, 07:17 PM
I read some tweets about Chandler and Camila leaving as well. Drake too but I guess it would be just not returning in his case.
Me too. I heard Camila's contract is up in 2014 though.

I'm actually pretty bummed. Chad was JUST starting to get interesting. I dunno how much longer I'll stick with the show. My main interest has been in Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nick storyline. That's wrapped up. I still find Will and Sonny totes adorable together and look forward them being parents with Gabi. But honestly, if/when Chandler leaves, I'm not sure I'll be motivated to stick around. The other stories aren't really grabbing me enough.

Although I will freely admit one of the reasons I started to tune in on a regular basis was because I laid eyes on fine ass Greg Vaughan; but unless his story line picks up soon, I'm not sure if that's enough to keep me around. I don't have any long term, historical interest in the show.

Ellie

Hugo
Jun 20 2013, 07:17 PM
It's from Nelson Branco's "Soap Uncensored" report, according to what he says he heard on the red carpet.

Ellie

lysie
Jun 20 2013, 07:20 PM
Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 07:03 PM
lysie
What did he say there?

Oh, he was nice. But it was obvious that he knew no one really cared about the Cameron/Abby/Chad triangle and who Abby was going to lose her virginity to. At that time, it wasn't even really a triangle. He asked us who we wanted Abby with and Michelle and I both had a hard time answering.
Thanks. It's hardly a triangle now, really. Tomlin needs a lot of help in the "How to do a B storyline" department.

LovingDays

so chandler & camilla are leaving :(

LovingDays

why can not be shawn christian or galen gerring leaving ughhhhh

anya
Member Avatar

Bummed about Casey. I hope he lands something in primetime. But leave the extra hair on top in Salem please.

tylerbo20

good maybe bring back real Dimera's Peter and Tony

Pookie
Member Avatar

When is Freddie Smith's contract up?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 PM
If they do leave, it won't be for a while yet.

LovingDays

Angie79
Jun 20 2013, 08:29 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 PM
If they do leave, it won't be for a while yet.

what do you mean?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply