Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick - OUT!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 04:26 PM (12,709 Views)
LovingDays

are they recasting the role of Chad?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 08:32 PM
Angie79
Jun 20 2013, 08:29 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 PM
so chandler & camilla are leaving :(
If they do leave, it won't be for a while yet.

what do you mean?
Their contracts aren't up and Days shoots months in advance.

Caylee
Member Avatar

Damn that sucks! Well Casey I'm happy for you.
Honestly I hope they kill Chad. I hate saying that because I love the character he's been my favorite for 4 years now, but I don't even want to see a recast.

LovingDays

Casey
Jun 20 2013, 08:34 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 08:32 PM
Angie79
Jun 20 2013, 08:29 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 PM
so chandler & camilla are leaving :(
If they do leave, it won't be for a while yet.

what do you mean?
Their contracts aren't up and Days shoots months in advance.
yeah i know lmao 4 months that to much

sillibella
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 20 2013, 08:19 PM
When is Freddie Smith's contract up?
Freddie's contract isn't up until spring 2015 I believe. Contracts don't mean anything in the long run but I hope that Freddie wants to stick around and that Days does as well.

LovingDays

did Blake Berris re-signed his contract???

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 20 2013, 08:45 PM
Pookie
Freddie's contract isn't up until spring 2015 I believe. Contracts don't mean anything in the long run but I hope that Freddie wants to stick around and that Days does as well.
They mean something to the show in that actors can't leave until their contract is up. The show, on the other hand, can let the actor go before the end of their contract.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Honestly, I don't want Will and Sonny separated or away from Arianna. Send Gabi to jail and then have Will and Sonny leave Salem with Arianna together.

sillibella
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 20 2013, 08:49 PM
sillibella
Jun 20 2013, 08:45 PM
Pookie
They mean something to the show in that actors can't leave until their contract is up. The show, on the other hand, can let the actor go before the end of their contract.
Oh, yeah. Well I just hope that Days wants to keep him around then. :) With rumors swirling about Chandler leaving as well as Camila, it looks like we may be getting a new look to the younger generation in Salem soon enough.

sillibella
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 20 2013, 08:56 PM
Honestly, I don't want Will and Sonny separated or away from Arianna. Send Gabi to jail and then have Will and Sonny leave Salem with Arianna together.
I want Sonny to stick around. No sense in getting rid of Sonny, who has the potential to have a lot of story, Will or not, just because Chandler wants to leave.

Ellie

Let me just mention something, since some people seem to be missing this point. The only one confirmed to be leaving is Casey. Nelson Branco said that he heard on the red carpet that Chandler and Camila will leave when their contracts are up. That's not confirmed by anyone other than Nelson, aside from a few other interviews Chandler did where he hinted at it. We have no idea whether they've told the show this, whether they've made up their minds, whether Nelson got the story right, or whether the show wants them to stay.

michr544125

sillibella
Jun 20 2013, 08:59 PM
Pookie
Jun 20 2013, 08:56 PM
I want Sonny to stick around. No sense in getting rid of Sonny, who has the potential to have a lot of story, Will or not, just because Chandler wants to leave.
I agree.

If anything, Sonny to me is the most interesting out of the younger characters right now. The past few months Days has done a much better job showing Sonny as his own character and Freddie has done and incredible job and has really stepped up his game. Will or no Will, there is so much story that can be done with Sonny. To me he's had more of a role than Will the past few months any way and I see Sonny as more of key player compared to Will. The show can simply recast Will, if Chandler is leaving. Yes, Chandler is a great actor and has two emmy's to prove it. But that doesn't mean another actor can't come in and do just as good of a job in his own style.

This show needs to hang onto any core younger actors they can that fans are interested in. Sonny to me seems like the main one left they need to hang onto. Him along with Nick. Of course this is all a mute point if Chandler sticks around but I don't get the feeling he is.
Edited by michr544125, Jun 20 2013, 09:13 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 08:46 PM
did Blake Berris re-signed his contract???
Yes, he tweeted a week or so ago that he re-signed with Days.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Is Casey going to be focusing on his band and his girlfriend's musical career? It seems like he's been pretty focused on those things lately.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

I hate to see him go, but having a Dimera killed on Halloween would be an interesting way to start November sweeps.

As a Southerner, and a Southerner who has lived in the south about 2/3 of my life, if they make a "stupid" Southerner, count me so pissed I throw my television through the wall. Most of the fortune 500 companies in the world are located in my hometown, Atlanta. We gave the world Coke, the 1996 Olympics, CNN, and so on. Don't paint us as backwards.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 09:07 PM
Let me just mention something, since some people seem to be missing this point. The only one confirmed to be leaving is Casey. Nelson Branco said that he heard on the red carpet that Chandler and Camila will leave when their contracts are up. That's not confirmed by anyone other than Nelson, aside from a few other interviews Chandler did where he hinted at it. We have no idea whether they've told the show this, whether they've made up their minds, whether Nelson got the story right, or whether the show wants them to stay.
We are talking about Branco........He's the Soap Tabloid King.....Nothing More. He gets it right sometimes, and other times he is waaaay off the mark.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Supposedly this is straight from Camila's mouth. Not something he overheard. Nothing more on the Chandler thing other than what everyone else already knew and what Chandler said in the press room himself.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I wasn't watching when he came on the show, so I don't know anything about the character, only that he's another Stefano spawn. I won't miss him. Good luck to the actor though.

chinkybig

I like his chemistry with KM as Abby, but overall, I am ambivalent about him leaving. All the best to him. Personally, a Stefano spawn who does not even take after Stefano (not even close to half of it) or even act like the spawn of Stefano does not deserve to be in the canvass. Why was he even Stefano's son in the first place?
Edited by chinkybig, Jun 20 2013, 11:03 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

I'm not upset about this at all. As hard as I tried, I just couldn't get invested in Chad. For me, the only thing that made the character even slightly interesting was Casey Deidrick's chemistry with Kate Mansi. That's really it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply