Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick - OUT!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 04:26 PM (12,685 Views)
LovingDays

are they recasting chad no one answered me?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 11:14 PM
We don't know.

LovingDays

Angie79
Jun 20 2013, 11:20 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 11:14 PM
We don't know.

oki thx

supercool74
Member Avatar

Why is it that now that the show is actually starting to be good again and just won an Emmy, that people are leaving or talking about leaving? It's kind of bumming me out. :-/ Really the only one I'm truly bummed about is CM, but even the others have started to grow on me a little.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

I don't think Chandler Massey is leaving. I think he's just trying to get days too offer him more money.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 09:07 PM
Let me just mention something, since some people seem to be missing this point. The only one confirmed to be leaving is Casey. Nelson Branco said that he heard on the red carpet that Chandler and Camila will leave when their contracts are up. That's not confirmed by anyone other than Nelson, aside from a few other interviews Chandler did where he hinted at it. We have no idea whether they've told the show this, whether they've made up their minds, whether Nelson got the story right, or whether the show wants them to stay.
True. But neither actor is jumping on twitter saying he's wrong either.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Read his tweet last night & was bummed. This sucks, but I'm happy for Casey and wish him well!

I hope that Chad & Abby get back together again, make love, Chad proposes, Abby says yes and they're getting married, Chad gets shot/stabbed at the reception and sadly dies...

I.DO.NOT.WANT.A.RECAST !!!

Although sad, I'm still looking forward to see anything Chad/Chabby these coming months. (funny coincidence, but wasn't Peter Reckell's last airdate also Oct. 30th?)

dooldooldool

Caylee
Jun 20 2013, 08:38 PM
Honestly I hope they kill Chad.
Most of Stefano's kids die.

DEAD
Megan Hathaway
Renee Dumonde
Benji Hawk
Antony DiMera
Alexandra Carver

ALIVE
Elvis DiMera
Kristen Blake
Peter Blake

A dead Chad wouldn't be a bad thing. A heroic post-coital death might be fun. After playing romantic roulette with Salem's trio of sex-starved ingenues (Gabriella, Melanie, Abigail), he finally beds Salem's Oldest Living Virgin, smiles, heads out to get some takeout, and saves someone (Theo?) from getting hit by a car or being shot in a robbery attempt at the Pub.

That would give Abigail some angst as yet another important man in her life meets his doom. She heads for the nunnery or goes full wacko.

I hate recasts and there really isn't much reason to keep Chad Peterson Woods DiMera around.

Edited by dooldooldool, Jun 21 2013, 02:26 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 20 2013, 08:29 PM
LovingDays
Jun 20 2013, 07:43 PM
so chandler & camilla are leaving :(
If they do leave, it won't be for a while yet.

If Chandler leave. I think it will 2 months from now

Hugo
Member Avatar

Ellie
Let me just mention something, since some people seem to be missing this point. The only one confirmed to be leaving is Casey. Nelson Branco said that he heard on the red carpet that Chandler and Camila will leave when their contracts are up. That's not confirmed by anyone other than Nelson, aside from a few other interviews Chandler did where he hinted at it. We have no idea whether they've told the show this, whether they've made up their minds, whether Nelson got the story right, or whether the show wants them to stay.
Right, we are jumping to conclusions way too soon for Chandler and Camila.
They might leave, they might stay, nobody knows what will happen in 6 months or next year.
Even if right now they are dead serious about leaving, they have plenty of time to change their mind.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 06:54 PM
Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 06:04 PM
Sindacco
Jun 20 2013, 04:56 PM
Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 04:50 PM
I just think it's funny since Tomlin was the one who made him a DiMera to integrate him into the canvas.
Wasn't that Higley?
I'm almost positive that he said in an interview that it was Tomlin. Ill try to find it later tonight.
It was our interview!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8569558/1/

"...heís gone from being Chad Peterson-Woods to Chad DiMera. ď[When I started] I didnít even really know what a DiMera was,Ē Deidrick laughs. ď[Once Mia left], I didnít really think there was a place in Salem for Chad. Gary Tomlin really fought for me and believed in me. He wanted me to stay and wanted me to become a part of the main family. So they made me a DiMera.'"

Thanks!

Ian H
Member Avatar

oh! great!! they gonna get rid of Chabby and wilson since chandler is also leaving. the only interesting young couples. :facepalm: ya'll know there is gonna be more room for fetch :shame: can they just bring Shawn and Belle back.

Manny
Member Avatar

So is Chandler definitely leaving? Is that confirmed?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I hated the character of Chad for a long time (through no fault of Casey's - well, maybe a little), so it's a shame that he is leaving now that his character is actually likable and sharing scenes with Kate Mansi again, the person he has most consistently gelled with. Though I never really felt, as someone said on another site, that his character really got off the ground; I've never bought him as a truly accepted member of his family. Kristen, E.J., Stefano - they give Chad token gestures of affection here and there, but mostly he's like the kid being left out of the shady adult stuff. There is always something about his interactions with his family that leave me feeling that he's kept at an arm's length. Stefano has not really made anymore real efforts to build a more substantial relationship, E.J. has used him when it was convenient to do so, Kristen clearly has only a limited capacity to give a shit about anyone but herself and the objects of her revenge and she's chosen to E.J. as the brother to favor (though her interactions with Chad when she first came to town were very enjoyable and there should have been more of those). I think it's still very possible for someone else to come in and make this role their own. I also think it is possible and maybe even preferable to send this character away and sort of forget about him, given that he's been basically directionless for a long time.

Of the younger set, I would hate to see Kate Mansi and Freddie Smith go. I hope they stick around for awhile. Of course, Blake Berris is also a keeper. If they can keep him and he's interested in staying, they absolutely should. I also enjoy the actor playing J.J. a lot. Camila Banus, while gorgeous, I can leave or take. Chandler has been on autopilot for a long time and he's no longer delivering the kind of consistently solid performances he did previously. If he does leave to continue pursuing his education at UCLA, I fully support that and wish him nothing but the absolute best. Hopefully it won't mean that Sonny is put on the back burner. The character deserves to be front and center among the younger set.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jun 21 2013, 05:43 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Manny
Jun 21 2013, 04:50 AM
So is Chandler definitely leaving? Is that confirmed?
It not done deal but Chandler hinted it in his interviews

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

DS1126
Jun 20 2013, 11:29 PM
I don't think Chandler Massey is leaving. I think he's just trying to get days too offer him more money.
Except Chandler seems to be wanting to take a break from acting in general. He wants to pursue an education, and staying at DAYS would make that goal difficult.

It could happen I suppose though, but DAYS would have to accommodate his schedule, and he'd have to have reduced hours, and perhaps a raise... but I get the feeling that he genuinely wants out. We'll see.

Nothing would make me happier than having Chandler stay though.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Camila Banus wanting out is really random though. As much as I have been enjoying her more lately, she's not really "Daytime's most promising actress" - I don't see her making it big. I suppose she could want to leave for other reasons though.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Jun 21 2013, 02:23 AM
Caylee
Jun 20 2013, 08:38 PM

A dead Chad wouldn't be a bad thing. A heroic post-coital death might be fun. After playing romantic roulette with Salem's trio of sex-starved ingenues (Gabriella, Melanie, Abigail), he finally beds Salem's Oldest Living Virgin, smiles, heads out to get some takeout, and saves someone (Theo?) from getting hit by a car or being shot in a robbery attempt at the Pub.

That would give Abigail some angst as yet another important man in her life meets his doom. She heads for the nunnery or goes full wacko.

Full wacko Abigail? YES, PLEASE!! Kate Mansi needs a storyline to sink her teeth into and this could be just the ticket!! :rockon:
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jun 21 2013, 07:20 AM.

zyona

bomber
Jun 21 2013, 01:05 AM
Ellie
True. But neither actor is jumping on twitter saying he's wrong either.
Chandler did say that he is planning to go back to school once his contract is up. He did say he is not 100% sure. Days should make an effort to keep him, because he is great

james0479
Member Avatar

Well this is a shame. Honestly the show wasted way too much time with Chad. The chemistry was always there for Chabby but of course that got dumped to pimp you know who. Oh please, Dear Lord, let Char go out with a bang and not something lame like moving to be with Melanie. *shudder*
Edited by james0479, Jun 21 2013, 09:07 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply