Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick - OUT!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 04:26 PM (12,261 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

No point in rooting for Chabby now...that pairing just became TOTALLY useless.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^That is why I wish Days wouldn't be 4 months out.....so much can happen with Chabby in 4 months and then bam he's gone....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yeah - if the Chabby story is going anywhere these next four months they'd have been better off having Casey keep a lid on his departure. Now that we know he's gone - who cares? :shrug:

waterlilly
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 20 2013, 07:02 PM
I kind of wish Darin Brooks' tweet about coming back to DAYS was factual now though... I mean who's Abby going to be with now? Cameron? Zzz!

I guess I better start sporting my EJ/Abby banner again! :P
Vargas
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

SocRMum1
Jun 21 2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah - if the Chabby story is going anywhere these next four months they'd have been better off having Casey keep a lid on his departure. Now that we know he's gone - who cares? :shrug:
That's the problem with the entire 20 something scene now.

Though Casey is the only confirmed one, it's being strongly rumored that Camila, Chandler and Blake are next. Why root for any story for any of them when nothing that happens now is even going to matter coming up? And that's too bad because these younger group of characters were all finally coming together and in interesting stories.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The writing for CD leaving has been on the wall for months with his guest spots on Glee and Revolution - aint no way he was staying on at DAYS!

lachelle73

Are they going to recast Casey or is Chad gone?
Edited by lachelle73, Jun 21 2013, 01:45 PM.

lachelle73

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 21 2013, 06:09 AM
DS1126
Jun 20 2013, 11:29 PM
I don't think Chandler Massey is leaving. I think he's just trying to get days too offer him more money.
Except Chandler seems to be wanting to take a break from acting in general. He wants to pursue an education, and staying at DAYS would make that goal difficult.

It could happen I suppose though, but DAYS would have to accommodate his schedule, and he'd have to have reduced hours, and perhaps a raise... but I get the feeling that he genuinely wants out. We'll see.

Nothing would make me happier than having Chandler stay though.
He didn't say he was leaving he said he would like to go back to school. But he wasn't sure on anything right now. So he could change his mind or he could cut back and not be on as much so he could do both. I think Days will work with him if he wants that. Plus that doesn't mean WilSon is over, they could recast Will. Even though Chandler is the only Will to me but I don't want to lose Sonny/Freddie either so I hope he stays on.

cord08

lachelle73
Jun 21 2013, 01:51 PM
NocturnalBlondie
DS1126
I don't think Chandler Massey is leaving. I think he's just trying to get days too offer him more money.
Except Chandler seems to be wanting to take a break from acting in general. He wants to pursue an education, and staying at DAYS would make that goal difficult.

It could happen I suppose though, but DAYS would have to accommodate his schedule, and he'd have to have reduced hours, and perhaps a raise... but I get the feeling that he genuinely wants out. We'll see.

He didn't say he was leaving he said he would like to go back to school. But he wasn't sure on anything right now. So he could change his mind or he could cut back and not be on as much so he could do both. I think Days will work with him if he wants that. Plus that doesn't mean WilSon is over, they could recast Will. Even though Chandler is the only Will to me but I don't want to lose Sonny/Freddie either so I hope he stays on.
I've seen several people comment that CM could work out a schedule to do both Days and school. The thing is - that's kinda what he's been doing for the last 3 years. He said he's been taking a course here and there and receiving extensions. So, if he really wants to finish school, I don't think he'll agree to an arrangement (working at Days) similar to the one he's had for the last three years. We'll see...

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

cord08
Jun 21 2013, 01:59 PM
lachelle73
NocturnalBlondie
DS1126

I've seen several people comment that CM could work out a schedule to do both Days and school. The thing is - that's kinda what he's been doing for the last 3 years. He said he's been taking a course here and there and receiving extensions. So, if he really wants to finish school, I don't think he'll agree to an arrangement (working at Days) similar to the one he's had for the last three years. We'll see...
Exactly!

LiZa
Member Avatar

I know there's no confirmation. But it does sound as they are recasting Chad. Remember they were looking for some one who fitted Chad's description perfectly. I know this is Days and they love to change their minds at any even second.

Pookie
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 21 2013, 02:36 PM
cord08
Jun 21 2013, 01:59 PM
lachelle73
NocturnalBlondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Exactly!
I thought I heard him saying he would take one class a quarter or something. I think he wants to take more. I worked with a girl who worked 30 hours a week at our job and took 3 classes a quarter at community college. Took her 4 years to earn enough credits to transfer to a 4 year university. But she's still working the same hours and going to school full time as well.

I think Chandler just wants more time for school.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Well this is bad news. I hope they don't recast him. I really like Casey and hate to see him go.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Good. Character sucked and hated the actor.

concerned
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 21 2013, 09:06 AM
Well this is a shame. Honestly the show wasted way too much time with Chad. The chemistry was always there for Chabby but of course that got dumped to pimp you know who. Oh please, Dear Lord, let Char go out with a bang and not something lame like moving to be with Melanie. *shudder*
Hope he gets something better than taking Caroline to her next round if Alzheimer's treatments
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wish they would have utilized him earlier as they did with the whole strip club stuff. He really did well. Being inexperienced, they threw him in some crappy storylines and the guy had to struggle. Now that he's showing what he can do........Oh, well, he'll do well with prime time.

seanny
Member Avatar

I am starting to suspect that "Country Boy" is a Will recast. "Country" may refer to the fact the CM is from the South and the character's age could easily line up with Will.

dooldooldool

seanny
Jun 23 2013, 12:48 AM
I am starting to suspect that "Country Boy" is a Will recast. "Country" may refer to the fact the CM is from the South and the character's age could easily line up with Will.
I doubt that DOOL would ever try to pass off Will as "southern". Heck, he spent most of his early teens in Switzerland with Aunt Carrie, not down on the farm with Great Aunt Bonnie.

New blood is always needed in Salem. I think it's more likely that southern singer boy will be JT, who's spent his life with Barb and Glenn down on the farm.

jwsel
Member Avatar

seanny
Jun 23 2013, 12:48 AM
And how do you explain "Country Boy" being a singer? Does Will suddenly discover some heretofore unrevealed talent?

jwsel
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jun 21 2013, 09:33 PM
Wish they would have utilized him earlier as they did with the whole strip club stuff. He really did well. Being inexperienced, they threw him in some crappy storylines and the guy had to struggle. Now that he's showing what he can do........Oh, well, he'll do well with prime time.
This is really the biggest problem I have with Days' approach to casting younger actors. They look for pretty faces with good bodies, but don't really care if they have little or no acting experience. They generally suck for the first few years as the actors get on-the-job training and behind-the-scenes acting lessons. Then, when their acting has finally progressed to the point where they can carry a storyline without it being painful for the audience, the actor's leaves instead of renewing.

TPTB should know that the life-cycle for most young actors on Days is 4-5 years. The runs for Kristen Storms, Rachel Melvin, Molly Burnett, Eric Winter, Kyle Lowder, Darin Brooks were all in that range. Jay Kenneth Johnson's first run was even shorter. And that's not a new thing. Peter Reckell's and Kristian Alfonso's first runs were 4 years, Wayne Northrop's first run was 3, and Stephen Nichols' was 5. And with the budget restrictions, TPTB must know they won't be in a position to open their wallets to offer big contracts to get people to stay.

Knowing that, why can't the show make more of an effort to emphasizes actual acting ability? It looks like the show may have gotten lucky with Casey Moss, who seems to have natural talent, but most of the actors who come to the show with no real TV experience have taken awhile to develop (e.g., Casey, Kate Mansi, Nathan Owens, Molly Burnett, Shelley Hennig; even Chandler didn't really hit his acting stride until Will came out). It would be nice to get more actors who could step in and carry their own weight from the start, and it's not like there aren't hordes of talented, good-looking young actors out there who would jump at the chance to be on Days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply