Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casey Deidrick - OUT!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 04:26 PM (12,928 Views)
S loves EJ

michr544125
Jun 21 2013, 11:53 AM
SocRMum1
Jun 21 2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah - if the Chabby story is going anywhere these next four months they'd have been better off having Casey keep a lid on his departure. Now that we know he's gone - who cares? :shrug:
That's the problem with the entire 20 something scene now.

Though Casey is the only confirmed one, it's being strongly rumored that Camila, Chandler and Blake are next. Why root for any story for any of them when nothing that happens now is even going to matter coming up? And that's too bad because these younger group of characters were all finally coming together and in interesting stories.

You should try to enjoy them while they still on. I donīt expect Ejami to last forever but I try to enjoy the ride while it last.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 23 2013, 03:32 AM
michr544125
SocRMum1
Yeah - if the Chabby story is going anywhere these next four months they'd have been better off having Casey keep a lid on his departure. Now that we know he's gone - who cares? :shrug:

Though Casey is the only confirmed one, it's being strongly rumored that Camila, Chandler and Blake are next. Why root for any story for any of them when nothing that happens now is even going to matter coming up? And that's too bad because these younger group of characters were all finally coming together and in interesting stories.

You should try to enjoy them while they still on. I donīt expect Ejami to last forever but I try to enjoy the ride while it last.
Blake just re-signed with the show, so he isn't going anywhere.

OliveAnn

seanny
Jun 23 2013, 12:48 AM
I am starting to suspect that "Country Boy" is a Will recast. "Country" may refer to the fact the CM is from the South and the character's age could easily line up with Will.
Where an actor is from has nothing to do with where a character is from. Salem is supposed an all-American small town, hence the reason why it was never specified which state it was. If it was in the South, everyone would be speaking in southern accents and Chandler, as well as other actors hailing from the South, wouldn't have to use their "fake" General American accent. So, "country" is not a refenrece to Chandler or Will. Like someone above said, it might be a mere reference to music.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Chabby
Jun 23 2013, 04:03 AM
S loves EJ
michr544125
SocRMum1

A fan who allegedly hung out with Freddie Smith said otherwise. Plus, maybe he only signed an extension to December so Nick could leave with Gabi?

Anyway, it's not confirmed, but I definitely don't feel like Blake is 100% not going anywhere anymore though. I also know more than one fan tweeted him about the talk of him leaving, and he didn't reply. Blake is also probably one of the most interactive actors too!
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jun 23 2013, 08:41 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Chabby
S loves EJ
michr544125
SocRMum1

I don't want Blake to go but just because they signed with the show doesn't mean that he isn't leaving. Martha Madison had just resigned with the show and she was out immediately afterwards. Knowing this show and how NBC and others constantly control what goes on BTS, I don't doubt it that the writers had a great story idea for Blake signed him up based on that and then the suits came in and blocked that idea...and when his next cycle is up he's gone. It's happened before many times.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I feel like the younger set has finally gelled and become interesting for the first time in years. If in addition tonCasey leaving, the other rumors become true, most of that set is gone. Too bad.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jwsel
Jun 23 2013, 03:08 AM
ladyofthelake
Jun 21 2013, 09:33 PM
Wish they would have utilized him earlier as they did with the whole strip club stuff. He really did well. Being inexperienced, they threw him in some crappy storylines and the guy had to struggle. Now that he's showing what he can do........Oh, well, he'll do well with prime time.
This is really the biggest problem I have with Days' approach to casting younger actors. They look for pretty faces with good bodies, but don't really care if they have little or no acting experience. They generally suck for the first few years as the actors get on-the-job training and behind-the-scenes acting lessons. Then, when their acting has finally progressed to the point where they can carry a storyline without it being painful for the audience, the actor's leaves instead of renewing.

TPTB should know that the life-cycle for most young actors on Days is 4-5 years. The runs for Kristen Storms, Rachel Melvin, Molly Burnett, Eric Winter, Kyle Lowder, Darin Brooks were all in that range. Jay Kenneth Johnson's first run was even shorter. And that's not a new thing. Peter Reckell's and Kristian Alfonso's first runs were 4 years, Wayne Northrop's first run was 3, and Stephen Nichols' was 5. And with the budget restrictions, TPTB must know they won't be in a position to open their wallets to offer big contracts to get people to stay.

Knowing that, why can't the show make more of an effort to emphasizes actual acting ability? It looks like the show may have gotten lucky with Casey Moss, who seems to have natural talent, but most of the actors who come to the show with no real TV experience have taken awhile to develop (e.g., Casey, Kate Mansi, Nathan Owens, Molly Burnett, Shelley Hennig; even Chandler didn't really hit his acting stride until Will came out). It would be nice to get more actors who could step in and carry their own weight from the start, and it's not like there aren't hordes of talented, good-looking young actors out there who would jump at the chance to be on Days.
I am ambivalent about your last paragraph.I agree with roles being given to those who can act but on the other hand,it's interesting to see the progress in learning their craft by actors/actresses like Kristin,Arianne,Blake,Shelley,Casey,Chandler,Kate,and Camilla.I don't know that I would care enough about the characters to keep watching the show had these particular people had not played the role at some point in time.Days has not always made the best choices in putting people in roles but on the whole I don't think they have done badly.Many characters are still loved because of the people who were given a chance in the role.

OliveAnn

BeeBee
Jun 23 2013, 11:08 AM
jwsel
ladyofthelake
Wish they would have utilized him earlier as they did with the whole strip club stuff. He really did well. Being inexperienced, they threw him in some crappy storylines and the guy had to struggle. Now that he's showing what he can do........Oh, well, he'll do well with prime time.
This is really the biggest problem I have with Days' approach to casting younger actors. They look for pretty faces with good bodies, but don't really care if they have little or no acting experience. They generally suck for the first few years as the actors get on-the-job training and behind-the-scenes acting lessons. Then, when their acting has finally progressed to the point where they can carry a storyline without it being painful for the audience, the actor's leaves instead of renewing.

TPTB should know that the life-cycle for most young actors on Days is 4-5 years. The runs for Kristen Storms, Rachel Melvin, Molly Burnett, Eric Winter, Kyle Lowder, Darin Brooks were all in that range. Jay Kenneth Johnson's first run was even shorter. And that's not a new thing. Peter Reckell's and Kristian Alfonso's first runs were 4 years, Wayne Northrop's first run was 3, and Stephen Nichols' was 5. And with the budget restrictions, TPTB must know they won't be in a position to open their wallets to offer big contracts to get people to stay.

Knowing that, why can't the show make more of an effort to emphasizes actual acting ability? It looks like the show may have gotten lucky with Casey Moss, who seems to have natural talent, but most of the actors who come to the show with no real TV experience have taken awhile to develop (e.g., Casey, Kate Mansi, Nathan Owens, Molly Burnett, Shelley Hennig; even Chandler didn't really hit his acting stride until Will came out). It would be nice to get more actors who could step in and carry their own weight from the start, and it's not like there aren't hordes of talented, good-looking young actors out there who would jump at the chance to be on Days.
I am ambivalent about your last paragraph.I agree with roles being given to those who can act but on the other hand,it's interesting to see the progress in learning their craft by actors/actresses like Kristin,Arianne,Blake,Shelley,Casey,Chandler,Kate,and Camilla.I don't know that I would care enough about the characters to keep watching the show had these particular people had not played the role at some point in time.Days has not always made the best choices in putting people in roles but on the whole I don't think they have done badly.Many characters are still loved because of the people who were given a chance in the role.
I agree. I think some of these people were cast because someone saw potential in them. And that potential was later realized. Arianne Zuker is the prime example for that. She wasn't good at first, but looking back, it was wonderful to watch her fully blossom. It's one of the things that made people love her and her character. When everyone was saying, "Go away, you suck!", she persisted and proved us all wrong.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jun 23 2013, 11:19 AM
BeeBee
Jun 23 2013, 11:08 AM
jwsel
ladyofthelake

I agree. I think some of these people were cast because someone saw potential in them. And that potential was later realized. Arianne Zuker is the prime example for that. She wasn't good at first, but looking back, it was wonderful to watch her fully blossom. It's one of the things that made people love her and her character. When everyone was saying, "Go away, you suck!", she persisted and proved us all wrong.
Your post is one of the reasons I can live with a recast and I am reluctant to criticize someone's acting ability when they have only been on the show a few months.Based on the way the writing for some characters fluctuates from decent to godawful and the taping schedule,I don't like to judge too harshly when the actor has been on the show less than a year.As some have pointed out,Casey has just started to get decent writing in the last six months or so and now he is leaving.

seanny
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jun 23 2013, 07:58 AM
seanny
I am starting to suspect that "Country Boy" is a Will recast. "Country" may refer to the fact the CM is from the South and the character's age could easily line up with Will.
Where an actor is from has nothing to do with where a character is from. Salem is supposed an all-American small town, hence the reason why it was never specified which state it was. If it was in the South, everyone would be speaking in southern accents and Chandler, as well as other actors hailing from the South, wouldn't have to use their "fake" General American accent. So, "country" is not a refenrece to Chandler or Will. Like someone above said, it might be a mere reference to music.
Yeah but Chandler from the south and he is a singer plus Will is around 18 y.o. Also, the "Country Boy" role appeared practically the same week that we hear CM may be leaving. There are some coincidences here. I would not put it past Days trying to confuse us by taking some of Chandler's real life attributes and criss crossing them with Will's in order to create a new fictional role.
Edited by seanny, Jun 23 2013, 04:22 PM.

OliveAnn

seanny
Jun 23 2013, 04:17 PM
OliveAnn
seanny
Yeah but Chandler from the south and he is a singer plus Will is around 18 y.o. Also, the "Country Boy" role appeared practically the same week that we hear CM may be leaving. There are some coincidences here. I would not put it past Days trying to confuse us by taking some of Chandler's real life attributes and criss crossing them with Will's in order to create a new fictional role.
But the CHARACTER of Will is not from the South. Besides, such details are irrelevant when a role is being recast. I mean, Days is a show that recasts red-haired and blonde actresses with brunettes. That's how little TPTB care about traits remaining same after a recast. Chandler himself inherited the post from a brown-haired actor, who in turn took over the role from a balck-haired one. And they were all from different parts of the country (Chris and Dylan from California, Chandler from Georgia).

concerned
Member Avatar

I'll miss Casey.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

michr544125
Jun 20 2013, 09:09 PM
sillibella
Jun 20 2013, 08:59 PM
Pookie
Jun 20 2013, 08:56 PM
Honestly, I don't want Will and Sonny separated or away from Arianna. Send Gabi to jail and then have Will and Sonny leave Salem with Arianna together.
I want Sonny to stick around. No sense in getting rid of Sonny, who has the potential to have a lot of story, Will or not, just because Chandler wants to leave.
I agree.

If anything, Sonny to me is the most interesting out of the younger characters right now. The past few months Days has done a much better job showing Sonny as his own character and Freddie has done and incredible job and has really stepped up his game. Will or no Will, there is so much story that can be done with Sonny. To me he's had more of a role than Will the past few months any way and I see Sonny as more of key player compared to Will. The show can simply recast Will, if Chandler is leaving. Yes, Chandler is a great actor and has two emmy's to prove it. But that doesn't mean another actor can't come in and do just as good of a job in his own style.

This show needs to hang onto any core younger actors they can that fans are interested in. Sonny to me seems like the main one left they need to hang onto. Him along with Nick. Of course this is all a mute point if Chandler sticks around but I don't get the feeling he is.
I agree.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

zyona
Jun 21 2013, 08:02 AM
bomber
Jun 21 2013, 01:05 AM
Ellie
Jun 20 2013, 09:07 PM
Let me just mention something, since some people seem to be missing this point. The only one confirmed to be leaving is Casey. Nelson Branco said that he heard on the red carpet that Chandler and Camila will leave when their contracts are up. That's not confirmed by anyone other than Nelson, aside from a few other interviews Chandler did where he hinted at it. We have no idea whether they've told the show this, whether they've made up their minds, whether Nelson got the story right, or whether the show wants them to stay.
True. But neither actor is jumping on twitter saying he's wrong either.
Chandler did say that he is planning to go back to school once his contract is up. He did say he is not 100% sure. Days should make an effort to keep him, because he is great
I agree.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

lachelle73
Jun 21 2013, 01:51 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Jun 21 2013, 06:09 AM
DS1126
Jun 20 2013, 11:29 PM
I don't think Chandler Massey is leaving. I think he's just trying to get days too offer him more money.
Except Chandler seems to be wanting to take a break from acting in general. He wants to pursue an education, and staying at DAYS would make that goal difficult.

It could happen I suppose though, but DAYS would have to accommodate his schedule, and he'd have to have reduced hours, and perhaps a raise... but I get the feeling that he genuinely wants out. We'll see.

Nothing would make me happier than having Chandler stay though.
He didn't say he was leaving he said he would like to go back to school. But he wasn't sure on anything right now. So he could change his mind or he could cut back and not be on as much so he could do both. I think Days will work with him if he wants that. Plus that doesn't mean WilSon is over, they could recast Will. Even though Chandler is the only Will to me but I don't want to lose Sonny/Freddie either so I hope he stays on.
I do too.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Southofsoap
Jun 21 2013, 01:32 PM
The writing for CD leaving has been on the wall for months with his guest spots on Glee and Revolution - aint no way he was staying on at DAYS!
They were basically cameo appearances - he is not going to be on those shows again

I hope Casey is lucky enough to find work in television and films unless he is focusing on his musical career instead.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

jwsel
ladyofthelake

Freddie Smith is a good actor too.

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't think BB re-signed. He extended. Either way, it's a while before anything happens except for Casey's exit. They all have plenty of time to change their minds either way.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 23 2013, 08:41 AM
Chabby
S loves EJ
michr544125

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

A fan who allegedly hung out with Freddie Smith said otherwise. Plus, maybe he only signed an extension to December so Nick could leave with Gabi?

Anyway, it's not confirmed, but I definitely don't feel like Blake is 100% not going anywhere anymore though. I also know more than one fan tweeted him about the talk of him leaving, and he didn't reply. Blake is also probably one of the most interactive actors too!
That doesn't make any sense. Blake and Camila contracts both expire next summer.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

seanny
Jun 23 2013, 04:17 PM
OliveAnn
seanny
It doesn't matter where Chandler is from. The character of Will is NOT from the south. It's not a casting call to play "Chandler Massey". We have seen some auditions already, it's not "Will". Also, Chandler's contract isn't even up until December.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply