Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre Hall getting star on walk of fame
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 06:39 PM (2,335 Views)
fan57

Yes!! Congrats to one of my all time favorites, well deserved!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Glad for her!

Brewster
Member Avatar

Congrats to her! Well deserved.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 21 2013, 10:07 AM
DiMeraFan67
Jun 20 2013, 09:11 PM
She's the most deserving person from Days history. I would say Frances Reid deserved one for her loooong tenure, but soap stars getting stars are few and far between. I believe there's 5 people who are mostly soap stars. Deidre would be the 6th.

ETA : Aside from Mac, but he already has one!
Congrats to Deidre! Well-deserved. But how in the world did Kate Linder get one? I know there's a hefty fee involved. I hope that isn't all that got Kate in.
She paid the fee. From what someone told me back when people were "applying" for DH to get one after Linder of all people, there's a difference in whether you have enough people that matter applying for you and you're willing to pay the maintenence fee (back then it was 10,000 or 12,000 dollars a year, which is ridiculous). Some don't have to pay, because they've gotten donations or whatever, and some are given it by the committe. From what I read on boards back then (so I don't know for sure), DH didn't think it should be an "apply and win" thing (as in, fans complained enough and they gave it to her), she felt it was an honor and honors are given for the work you've done.

The applying process is based on whether you've worked in the business for a long enough time (which is 10 years last I heard) and if you pay the maintenence fee.

spartan
Member Avatar

Congrats to DH! :applause:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply