Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, June 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 07:06 AM (17,298 Views)
Pookie
Member Avatar

concerned
Jun 21 2013, 07:23 PM
Pookie
Jun 21 2013, 06:39 PM
Panda Panda
Jun 21 2013, 06:36 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jun 21 2013, 06:32 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yeah but she wasn't wearing her disguise when she came back and if she set up a camera there were plenty of opportunities for her to be caught. I don't know, it;s pretty weird. I wished they just told us what she was planning to do instead of turning it into another mini mystery.
It is weird. I notice she changed into lingerie when she left the room and kept the wig off. Maybe she didn't want "Faye Taylor" and the woman seducing Father Eric connected. But, like you said, she's no longer in a disguise. Eric might not remember her, but she would certainly be recognized in a picture by others. Does she WANT to be recognized?

ETA: Maybe she wants Eric to wake up addled and naked with the wig next to him and vaguely remembering having sex with a woman he can't quite remember?
Maybe she wants to be recognised.
Maybe she's going to send the video to Marlena
Then Eric will have no memory of it and Marlena will have the dilemma of whether to tell him or not.
Then Marlena can hypnotize Eric next!
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

kay
Jun 21 2013, 10:10 PM
Supergirlx2
Jun 21 2013, 12:10 PM
elci525
Jun 21 2013, 12:03 PM
oh Sami is out of prison and EJ knows Sonny saw the video? I feel like some beats were skipped here.

Also I thought I would be spared Sami....oh well
Sami being out of prison makes no sense. She's a suspected cop killer. There's no way anyone would grant her bail. And if they did, they sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it the same day she got arrested.
She was not in prison. She was in the jail. She had her bail hearing the other day. Chad was going to tell EJ about Sonny seeing the video of Sammy and Benardi.
Right, I KNOW Sami wasn't in prison prison, but that she was being held pending bail after the arrest. It's not like I thought she was serving 10 to life and then was all of a sudden a free woman in the DiMera manse. I just thought the beats of her release/bail hearing and of EJ knowing Sonny had seen the video were jumped to rather quickly/much happened that wasn't "shown". But when it concerns Sami, that's fine - I actually really didn't need to see her bail hearing at all, if that meant seeing more of Sami.
Edited by elci525, Jun 22 2013, 12:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

kay
Jun 21 2013, 10:13 PM
elci525
Jun 21 2013, 12:17 PM
George and Martha? It's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf!
I thought of George and Martha Washington.
I thought of Elizabeth Taylor. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It doesn't make any sense. She confessed to shooting a cop in the back, and the weapon she claims he had can't be found. So she couldn't have claimed self-defence or defence of another person beliveably, and she's a known flight risk. She abandoned her children and took off with a prisoner just last year.

I guess any hope of Sami keeping her ass out of other people's storylines because she would be in jail before her trial are gone.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 22 2013, 12:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jun 21 2013, 11:47 PM
concerned
Jun 21 2013, 07:23 PM
Pookie
Jun 21 2013, 06:39 PM
Panda Panda

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It is weird. I notice she changed into lingerie when she left the room and kept the wig off. Maybe she didn't want "Faye Taylor" and the woman seducing Father Eric connected. But, like you said, she's no longer in a disguise. Eric might not remember her, but she would certainly be recognized in a picture by others. Does she WANT to be recognized?

ETA: Maybe she wants Eric to wake up addled and naked with the wig next to him and vaguely remembering having sex with a woman he can't quite remember?
Maybe she wants to be recognised.
Maybe she's going to send the video to Marlena
Then Eric will have no memory of it and Marlena will have the dilemma of whether to tell him or not.
Then Marlena can hypnotize Eric next!
But what would you do if you knew someone you cared about had been raped but didn't remember anything about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Panda Panda
LanaluvsBroe
Jun 21 2013, 06:32 PM
Pookie
Jun 21 2013, 05:21 PM
I noticed that Kristen went back into her room (through a connecting door??) right after the second shot. Eric started moaning for a few minutes, then she returned. I imagine she set up a video camera to record them having sex when she left the room.
That's what I'm thinking too. Otherwise what's the point? She had sex with him but no one knows and there's no proof. Though raping anyone mush less a priest is sick.
Yeah but she wasn't wearing her disguise when she came back and if she set up a camera there were plenty of opportunities for her to be caught. I don't know, it;s pretty weird. I wished they just told us what she was planning to do instead of turning it into another mini mystery.
O.K. I admit I'm too stupid to understand Kristen's plan. Again. I remember reading somewhere spoilers that say

Spoiler: click to toggle

(My speculation). So, maybe it's not about what's happening now, but what will happen to Eric in the future. Maybe the potion has some long lasting effect - so in the future he will lust after her and/or other women being fully consciuos. Only the start has to be made.... :shrug: .

I don't think there can be a plausible medical explanation of that but who knows - it's "Days".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

elci5 :shrug: Sami wasn't in prison.She was in jail.EJ was nervous
about Chad having that video.Now Sonny is saying he
is going to blow he whistle to Justin.Then Justin will
most likely not represent Sami.Justin could lose his
license for with holding info about that video.Oh boy
Sami is really in a Pickle.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jun 22 2013, 02:29 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

Maybe the drug is supposed to completely change Eric's personality and destroy his morality. If that's the case, perhaps Eric will quit the priesthood and start hooking up with prostitutes. I think Kristen slept with Eric in order to jumpstart his libido so that the effects of the drug will be increased. Eric might remember sleeping with a blonde woman, but maybe he won't be able to remember the blonde woman's face. (And if Eric has sexual memories of being with a blonde woman, this might create -- or increase -- Eric's sexual desire for Nicole.)

This type of plan would allow Kristen to kill two birds with one stone: First, Kristen would destroy Marlena by turning Marlena's son into a crazy sex addict. Second, once Eric starts going cray-cray, Nicole will probably devote all her time to figuring out what's wrong with Eric (and Eric might make sexual advances towards Nicole), which will keep Nicole away from Brady.

The doctor who gave the drugs to Kristen acted like the drugs were super special, so I do hope the drugs have some wild effects that totally mess with Eric's mind and moral center.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I think Eric will start remembering what happened.
I don't think he will remember all the details though.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jun 22 2013, 03:39 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

Great....another rape on DAYS. I just can't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

It's interesting how differently they have dealt with all three. It's all disgusting really and from what airing now I am supposed to see the EJ/Sami rape as a precursor to some romance, Kristen/Eric as what exactly?Should Eric start lusting after the woman who violated him (along with his mother, whom she also tried to have killed) and I'm supposed to think it's okay? Then there's Nick/Jensen, this was at least dealt with responsibly. The consequences of Nick's time in prison had such a negative effect on Nick as a person he treated Will awfully as a result. They made us know how wrong it was to be raped and properly showed that the rapist's disregard of their victims and the trauma they bestowed on them was evil but not so with the other two Dimera enacted rapes. WHY?
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Jun 22 2013, 08:59 AM
Great....another rape on DAYS. I just can't.
The thing is that Days has treated this crime as a freaking joke since Jack/Kayla. There are no repercussions, no punishment, no acceptance of responsibility. That's the saddest part of all to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

You're right. Nick's rape happened in prison, off screen but these others, including the Sami/Austin rape. It's so shameful how flippant the show is being about the whole thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:17 AM
You're right. Nick's rape happened in prison, off screen but these others, including the Sami/Austin rape. It's so shameful how flippant the show is being about the whole thing.
Even with Nick's rape, I doubt we're going to see any kind of counseling for him. I'll be surprised if it's even mentioned again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:09 AM
It's interesting how differently they have dealt with all three. It's all disgusting really and from what airing now I am supposed to see the EJ/Sami rape as a precursor to some romance, Kristen/Eric as what exactly?Should Eric start lusting after the woman who violated him (along with his mother, whom she also tried to have killed) and I'm supposed to think it's okay? Then there's Nick/Jensen, this was at least dealt with responsibly. The consequences of Nick's time in prison had such a negative effect on Nick as a person he treated Will awfully as a result. They made us know how wrong it was to be raped and properly showed that the rapist's disregard of their victims and the trauma they bestowed on them was evil but not so with the other two Dimera enacted rapes. WHY?

Not to say that they couldnīt handle the rape issue better, but I donīt think soaps are moral compasses. Villains do other crimes aswell like attempted murder and kidnapping that doesnīt mean the soaps is saying that itīs okey. I can tell the difference between real life and fiction. I think it is stupid to say that the Ejami rape is a precursor to romance, because no Ejami fan thinks rape is romance I think most sees it as a writing mistake or they are in denial about it being rape in the first place. I do think rape is a serious crime and I have been a bit trouble by the Ejami rape and wondered whether or not itīs right to pair them, and if it would change my mind about them, but when I realized it didnīt I just couldnīt help but love their chemistry I came to turns with it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:17 AM
Not entirely true. Sami/alan and Jenn's rape were both seriously done. Austin's drugging was told a teen's desperation story. Had Sami's been Austin's age it might have been different.

Ej and Sami was treated first like a rape then turned to a rape that was Sami's fault, then a missunderstanding caused by Sami and never to be spoken about again.

Sami's first rape harden the character but allowed viers to feel for her. Her second rape basically said its all good to rape. Yo u get everything you want and then can blame her for not understanding your emotions.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 22 2013, 10:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

No matter how its diced, the writers need to stop with the non-consensual angles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Nick's rape, while tragic, did nothing to show why he hated Will & Sonny for being gay. Especially after he consistently told Gabi that his rape had nothing to do with sexuality, but everything to do with power. Dool used Nick's rape as an opportunity to cover up his homophobia without truly explaining it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Don't you know that homophobia simply goes away? Why T was homophobic for about a week, than *poof* gone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Maybe you can pray the hate gay away.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic