Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, June 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 07:06 AM (17,445 Views)
S loves EJ

While what Kristen is doing is wrong I canīt help but love that cliffhanger.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jun 22 2013, 02:28 AM
elci5 :shrug: Sami wasn't in prison.She was in jail.EJ was nervous
about Chad having that video.Now Sonny is saying he
is going to blow he whistle to Justin.Then Justin will
most likely not represent Sami.Justin could lose his
license for with holding info about that video.Oh boy
Sami is really in a Pickle.
Yes Fantastic66.....I thought I made it clear what I meant by saying she was in prison....obviously I didn't think she was convicted and incarcerated and then suddenly appeared at the DiMansion....I guess I have to state these things more clearly :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I wish I payed more attention to the Sami scenes this week so I could remember Justin explaining how Sami was able to get bail and eventually get back home.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Gods, raping a priest has made Kristen 1,000% irredeemable. This has left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth it's not even funny. Maybe it's because this is coming on the heels of GH handling rape in an extremely insensitive way recently, but what Kristen just did was not enjoyable to watch. AT ALL.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Jun 22 2013, 11:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

elci525
Jun 21 2013, 12:03 PM
oh Sami is out of prison and EJ knows Sonny saw the video? I feel like some beats were skipped here.

Also I thought I would be spared Sami....oh well

We never got to see the bail hearing thatīs why it felt like some beats was skipped. I pay attention to the Sami scenes but still felt that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

It does seem like they are skipping over some beats in the show. Sami making bail. EJ finding out Sonny saw the video. Those I can kind of dismiss. I really don't care to see Sami any more than she is already on. The Sonny/EJ thing, well there probably wasn't much to show anyway. It would have been one scene with EJ and Chad. Eh. But I do think we should have seen the whole Jennifer and Hope conversation regarding Kristen. Especially after that whole conversation between Jen and Kristen where nothing was ever revealed regarding why the wedding was canceled. I kind of would have liked seeing Jennifer get that information about her supposed friend.

Funny how Will could tell something was bothering Sonny. But I guess Will is really good at hiding his own feelings because you'd think he'd be upset by the whole thing with Adrienne. I'm still waiting for that whole conversation.

As far as the whole Eric/Kristen thing....it doesn't bother me as much as a lot of you. I don't know... We aren't supposed to like what she's doing. What she's doing is evil and terrible...and it's a soap. I wish she had a better plan because so far this just seems weird, its not making a lot of sense...but it isn't making me all queasy. Kristen is an evil, psycho bitch....so yeah. I don't think any actual sex is going to happen though. I'll be surprised if it does. I think he will not remember much and just think it happened with some sort of "proof".
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

A bail hearing is boring but they could have showned the end of with when the judge say - you make bail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I don't mind what Kristen is doing unless they try to sell a romance out of it the way they tried in the past with other couples. That aspect is what turns me off so much and it'll turn me off to the characters so much too... It's why I'll never be an Ej fan and why I've stopped being a Sami fan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

supercool74
Jun 22 2013, 12:37 PM
It does seem like they are skipping over some beats in the show. Sami making bail. EJ finding out Sonny saw the video. Those I can kind of dismiss. I really don't care to see Sami any more than she is already on. The Sonny/EJ thing, well there probably wasn't much to show anyway. It would have been one scene with EJ and Chad. Eh. But I do think we should have seen the whole Jennifer and Hope conversation regarding Kristen. Especially after that whole conversation between Jen and Kristen where nothing was ever revealed regarding why the wedding was canceled. I kind of would have liked seeing Jennifer get that information about her supposed friend.

Funny how Will could tell something was bothering Sonny. But I guess Will is really good at hiding his own feelings because you'd think he'd be upset by the whole thing with Adrienne. I'm still waiting for that whole conversation.

As far as the whole Eric/Kristen thing....it doesn't bother me as much as a lot of you. I don't know... We aren't supposed to like what she's doing. What she's doing is evil and terrible...and it's a soap. I wish she had a better plan because so far this just seems weird, its not making a lot of sense...but it isn't making me all queasy. Kristen is an evil, psycho bitch....so yeah. I don't think any actual sex is going to happen though. I'll be surprised if it does. I think he will not remember much and just think it happened with some sort of "proof".

Yes itīs a soap. I didnīt understood those complaining about the gay storyline being sinful, since the show is breaking the 10 commands all the time.

You shall not kill
You shall not steal
You shall not committ adultery etc
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

But with this show, you can never know. Eric has seen Kristen for who she is from the get go (& so did Brady but look how that turned out) what's to stop him from having sexual fantasies about his time with her after the effects of the drugs wear off thereby nullifying her actions because he doesn't need that little push she gave him. It's sickening what she did to him. I could've accepted her staging the scene, taking a couple of damning photos as long as she didn't perform the act of sleeping with him against his will. Eric may be a judgemental prude but he IS a priest and didn't deserve this. Had Nicole done as Kristen did. I would've been equally disgusted by it I don't care how in love she says she is. What is so wrong with people having consensual sex to tell stories? Rapes are never fun. They are something I will never enjoy in any capacity, not Jack/Kayla, Lawrence/Jennifer, Sami/Alan, Sami/Austin, Ej/Sami, and definitely not Kristen/Eric. IT'S SO WRONG! I will ever be grateful they never showed us Jensen/Nick because I don't think I could deal with the savagery of that particular one. Referring to it in past tense was creepy enough. As for Jack/Alan/Jensen they got their just reward (as did Sami somewhat & Lawrence but I could be wrong that) However concerning Eeeeej and his sister, I have no such delusions this show will ever treat them as they should.
Offline Profile Goto Top

appleblossom

That script about Sami confronting Kristin was funny! I hope Nicole got there in time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

I wonder if DAYS didn't want to spend the money to build a courtroom set (or reconstruct an old courtroom set) just for a few scenes during the bail hearing? (This makes me wonder if we'll actually see Sami on trial in a courtroom.) However, EJ and Sami definitely should've mentioned the bail hearing when they were talking in the DiMera mansion at the start of the episode. How much money did Sami's bail cost? Did the prosecutor want Sami to be remanded without bail? Was the courtroom a media circus? These are questions that I think should've been answered within the context of the episode.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if the judge will revoke Sami's bail if/when Adrienne shows the video to the cops? The video would prove that Sami was lying about barely knowing Bernardi, and the video makes it seem like Sami had a grudge against Bernardi. So, I could see the judge sending Sami back to jail until the trial because the judge is pissed that Sami lied to the cops, which hindered the murder investigation. Also, the video damages Sami's chances of being acquitted, so the judge might think Sami is more of a flight risk, which would also give the judge a reason to revoke Sami's bail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Carly
Jun 22 2013, 05:00 PM
I wonder if DAYS didn't want to spend the money to build a courtroom set (or reconstruct an old courtroom set) just for a few scenes during the bail hearing? (This makes me wonder if we'll actually see Sami on trial in a courtroom.)
The courtroom set is returning and will be seen this summer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Panda you didn't really miss much.Justin just questioned Sami.
He asked if there was anything else she wanted to say or something
to that effect.EJ was standing in the door way shaking his head no to Smai
not to tell about the incident with her and Bernadi.She got out on bail but
she hasn't had a trial which I am waiting to see. :mellow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i just watched the rest of Friday's eppi. And I hate rape stories as much (or more) than the next person, but those Kristen/Eric scenes were hot even though at the same time cringe-inducing. And while I still can't figure out Kristen's endgame, I'm intrigued.

And someone please hypnotize Marlena into killing people again (this time for good) so we can rid ourselves of Dan and Maggie.

Oh yeah, and Harold!!! I guess he's like Beetlejuice, you say his name enough and he'll appear! I wish the same was true of Rolf and Bart...
Edited by blueskies, Jun 22 2013, 06:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Aliaron
Jun 22 2013, 10:26 AM
Maybe you can pray the hate gay away.
Yeah. Prayer is not magic. But God answers all prayer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

JarlenaLante
Jun 22 2013, 11:01 AM
Gods, raping a priest has made Kristen 1,000% irredeemable. This has left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth it's not even funny. Maybe it's because this is coming on the heels of GH handling rape in an extremely insensitive way recently, but what Kristen just did was not enjoyable to watch. AT ALL.
99% of Soaps are immoral. Rape is no worse than adultery. I'm not condoning it in any which way. It's just when we become tolerant of one "immoral" behavior, and become intolerant to another, we come across as the "H" word. (After what happened to Paula Deen today I figure I better watch my word, in case the Word Police are watching).
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 22 2013, 09:33 AM
Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:17 AM
You're right. Nick's rape happened in prison, off screen but these others, including the Sami/Austin rape. It's so shameful how flippant the show is being about the whole thing.
Even with Nick's rape, I doubt we're going to see any kind of counseling for him. I'll be surprised if it's even mentioned again.
I think you're right about Nick.He gave heart wrenching performances between the time he was taken hostage by Jensen and his conversation with Maggie showing how his rape in prison turned him into a different person then we see him today its as if none of that happened.I thought they might atleast have a few therapy sessions with someone to work through this but I guess the rape thing with Nick is all but over unless they decide to have him mention it to Gabi.Thank God we had Vargas to remind Nick he still has a wife who actually loved him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jun 22 2013, 07:27 PM
JarlenaLante
99% of Soaps are immoral. Rape is no worse than adultery. I'm not condoning it in any which way. It's just when we become tolerant of one "immoral" behavior, and become intolerant to another, we come across as the "H" word. (After what happened to Paula Deen today I figure I better watch my word, in case the Word Police are watching).
Rape is worse than adultery because adultery involves consent while rape does not,therefore,I don't find that being against one and not condemning the other to be hypocritical.Since this thread is for discussion of the Friday episode of Days,I have no comment concerning Paula Deen .
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

BeeBee
Jun 22 2013, 07:46 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 22 2013, 07:27 PM
JarlenaLante
Rape is worse than adultery because adultery involves consent while rape does not,therefore,I don't find that being against one and not condemning the other to be hypocritical.Since this thread is for discussion of the Friday episode of Days,I have no comment concerning Paula Deen .
I didn't ask for anyone's thoughts on Paula Deen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic