Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, June 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 07:06 AM (17,372 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Matt
Jun 21 2013, 12:54 PM
BAH! Will to EJ: "Hey, hey, HEY! I've had about ENOUGH out of you!"
After yesterday's episode I felt the exact same way. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Pookie
Jun 21 2013, 12:57 PM
Just you wait. Kristen is going to end up pregnant with Eric's baby. Man, those Brady genes are determined to procreate. Sami keeps poppin' 'em out. The gay son has a kid and now the priest will too.
This would be awesome
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 22 2013, 08:40 PM
Pookie
Just you wait. Kristen is going to end up pregnant with Eric's baby. Man, those Brady genes are determined to procreate. Sami keeps poppin' 'em out. The gay son has a kid and now the priest will too.
This would be awesome
Good thing she didn't sleep with EJ or we'd know she's pregnant.
Online Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I think Eric and Kristen have chemistry....but using a needle and drugs was a huge turnoff.

As it stands now, all I can picture is that big-ass needle in Kristen's hand and him writhing in pain on the bed.

I still want Eric and Nicole explored, legitametly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

BeeBee
Jun 22 2013, 07:31 PM
jam6242
Jun 22 2013, 09:33 AM
Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:17 AM
You're right. Nick's rape happened in prison, off screen but these others, including the Sami/Austin rape. It's so shameful how flippant the show is being about the whole thing.
Even with Nick's rape, I doubt we're going to see any kind of counseling for him. I'll be surprised if it's even mentioned again.
I think you're right about Nick.He gave heart wrenching performances between the time he was taken hostage by Jensen and his conversation with Maggie showing how his rape in prison turned him into a different person then we see him today its as if none of that happened.I thought they might atleast have a few therapy sessions with someone to work through this but I guess the rape thing with Nick is all but over unless they decide to have him mention it to Gabi.Thank God we had Vargas to remind Nick he still has a wife who actually loved him.
Nick already told Gabi about it.

Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

blueskies
Jun 22 2013, 09:29 PM
mer4santo
Pookie
This would be awesome
His baby mama would look just like his mama!
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 22 2013, 11:13 PM
blueskies
Jun 22 2013, 09:29 PM
mer4santo
Pookie
This would be awesome
His baby mama would look just like his mama!
Freud would have a field day with that.
Online Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 22 2013, 09:49 PM
BeeBee
Jun 22 2013, 07:31 PM
jam6242
Jun 22 2013, 09:33 AM
Laufeyson
Jun 22 2013, 09:17 AM
You're right. Nick's rape happened in prison, off screen but these others, including the Sami/Austin rape. It's so shameful how flippant the show is being about the whole thing.
Even with Nick's rape, I doubt we're going to see any kind of counseling for him. I'll be surprised if it's even mentioned again.
I think you're right about Nick.He gave heart wrenching performances between the time he was taken hostage by Jensen and his conversation with Maggie showing how his rape in prison turned him into a different person then we see him today its as if none of that happened.I thought they might atleast have a few therapy sessions with someone to work through this but I guess the rape thing with Nick is all but over unless they decide to have him mention it to Gabi.Thank God we had Vargas to remind Nick he still has a wife who actually loved him.
Nick already told Gabi about it.

I just meant I don't think they are going to show Nick as dealing with the psychological problems of having been raped in prison by getting therapy or anything.It's like he was raped,homophobic,and emotionally damaged by the rape now he is instantly "cured".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 22 2013, 05:04 PM
Carly
Jun 22 2013, 05:00 PM
I wonder if DAYS didn't want to spend the money to build a courtroom set (or reconstruct an old courtroom set) just for a few scenes during the bail hearing? (This makes me wonder if we'll actually see Sami on trial in a courtroom.)
The courtroom set is returning and will be seen this summer.
Welcome back this summer, courtroom set!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

BeeBee
Jun 22 2013, 07:46 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 22 2013, 07:27 PM
JarlenaLante
Jun 22 2013, 11:01 AM
Gods, raping a priest has made Kristen 1,000% irredeemable. This has left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth it's not even funny. Maybe it's because this is coming on the heels of GH handling rape in an extremely insensitive way recently, but what Kristen just did was not enjoyable to watch. AT ALL.
99% of Soaps are immoral. Rape is no worse than adultery. I'm not condoning it in any which way. It's just when we become tolerant of one "immoral" behavior, and become intolerant to another, we come across as the "H" word. (After what happened to Paula Deen today I figure I better watch my word, in case the Word Police are watching).
Rape is worse than adultery because adultery involves consent while rape does not,therefore,I don't find that being against one and not condemning the other to be hypocritical.Since this thread is for discussion of the Friday episode of Days,I have no comment concerning Paula Deen .

I agree that rape is worse than adultery, but I agree that soaps are immoral and therefore maybe not for people that are to religious. The show would be boring if it was going by the bibel, not to say that serious issues shouldnīt be discussed or that it isnīt possible for the show to take it to far.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Of course soaps are going to have events/things/storylines that pass the envelope, but the issue with Days is that it doesn't handle those issues well in many cases, case in point, rape. In most instances, it is written and then passed off as anything except what it is-- a crime of violence. Now, if I felt that this scenario with Eric/Kristen would be handled responsibly or truthfully, I'd have no problem. Instead, I'm already prepared for the day when he remembers his "passionate encounter" with her and then she ends up pregnant or something (if she succeeds in raping him) and then all is written off as their simply having had sex.

It's wrong, pure and simple, and TPTB at Days should steer clear of this topic forever because it's always swept under the rug. They don't like dealing with the results/consequences of rape, then they shouldn't write it in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
Gods, raping a priest has made Kristen 1,000% irredeemable. This has left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth it's not even funny. Maybe it's because this is coming on the heels of GH handling rape in an extremely insensitive way recently, but what Kristen just did was not enjoyable to watch. AT ALL.
99% of Soaps are immoral. Rape is no worse than adultery. I'm not condoning it in any which way. It's just when we become tolerant of one "immoral" behavior, and become intolerant to another, we come across as the "H" word. (After what happened to Paula Deen today I figure I better watch my word, in case the Word Police are watching).
Rape is no worse than adultery.

I so strongly strongly disagree with that statement I just could not let it past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

concerned
Jun 23 2013, 05:30 AM
Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
Rape is no worse than adultery.

I so strongly strongly disagree with that statement I just could not let it past.
Wow! Just wow!

Rape is a crime of violence or control where one party either physically overpowers the victim or uses extortion. It is a crime of physical violence or emotional violence. It's victims are scarred.

Adultery is when two people have consensual sex and one or both parties are married to other people.

How they are equivalent wrongs?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Yeah, I'm not even going to compare rape to adultery. Both are wrong but one is an encounter of two CONSENTING adults and one is an crime of violence and power. They are NOT equal....you can go to jail for rape....but not adultery.....

I don't have issues with rape stories on soaps. Unfortunately rape is a part of real life and soaps SHOULD tackle real life issues as part of stories they depict.....my main issue is when they try to glorify rape, reward a rapist, sweep the rape under the rug, whitewash the characters that committed it and then try to write it as a romance....it's vile and disgusting and I just hope that Days doesn't ONCE AGAIN go down that road here with Kristen and Eric.....because if that is what they are planning, then it's beyond ridiculous and I've hung on after the most disgusting storyline IMHO that Days has ever depicted but if they go there again with Eric and Kristen then I just might turn off the tv and forget about Days altogether.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Biblically & religiously speaking (in many faiths), rape and adultery are the same because they are both sins and all sins are equal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

What I don't get is how Days' treatment of rape is different than their treatment of any other crime. They regularly gloss over the fallout of EVERYTHING - rape, beatings, murder, kidnapping, etc. Obviously rape is one of the more heinous of these crimes, but it is definitely not unique in being written as no big deal a few months later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 23 2013, 01:37 AM
BeeBee
Jun 22 2013, 07:46 PM
Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
Rape is worse than adultery because adultery involves consent while rape does not,therefore,I don't find that being against one and not condemning the other to be hypocritical.Since this thread is for discussion of the Friday episode of Days,I have no comment concerning Paula Deen .

I agree that rape is worse than adultery, but I agree that soaps are immoral and therefore maybe not for people that are to religious. The show would be boring if it was going by the bibel, not to say that serious issues shouldnīt be discussed or that it isnīt possible for the show to take it to far.
Rape is no worse than adultery? Huh?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

S loves EJ
Jun 23 2013, 01:37 AM

One doesn't have to be "religious" to necessarily find rape stories repugnant. And, if you've read the Bible (particularly the Old Testament), you already know that there's a heck of a lot of stuff in there that's NOT boring! Basically, a lot of soap plots and storylines could have been ripped right FROM the Bible!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 23 2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I'm not even going to compare rape to adultery. Both are wrong but one is an encounter of two CONSENTING adults and one is an crime of violence and power. They are NOT equal....you can go to jail for rape....but not adultery.....

I don't have issues with rape stories on soaps. Unfortunately rape is a part of real life and soaps SHOULD tackle real life issues as part of stories they depict.....my main issue is when they try to glorify rape, reward a rapist, sweep the rape under the rug, whitewash the characters that committed it and then try to write it as a romance....it's vile and disgusting and I just hope that Days doesn't ONCE AGAIN go down that road here with Kristen and Eric.....because if that is what they are planning, then it's beyond ridiculous and I've hung on after the most disgusting storyline IMHO that Days has ever depicted but if they go there again with Eric and Kristen then I just might turn off the tv and forget about Days altogether.
I agree. I would like to see them at least attempt to treat this storyline as they did Jack/Kayla & Jennifer/Lawrence and not whitewash it. Drugging your victim and then forcing yourself on them when they are unable to think rationally or object to what is being done to them is rape. There is no 2 ways about it. If/When Eric gets his memory back I hope his reaction fits the crime. Greg Vaughn has the talent needed for such a storyline. Rape is a traumatic and horrible crime and if Days wants to portray a character being raped then they need to also show the emotional aftermath of the rape. If they do it right, Greg could have some Emmy material for next year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jun 23 2013, 09:54 AM
What I don't get is how Days' treatment of rape is different than their treatment of any other crime. They regularly gloss over the fallout of EVERYTHING - rape, beatings, murder, kidnapping, etc. Obviously rape is one of the more heinous of these crimes, but it is definitely not unique in being written as no big deal a few months later.
This is an issue that goes so far past Days. That's what makes it so difficult to discuss. I do think the trivializing of it is harmful in a way that's unique to the crime, but Days is hardly the only show that has that problem. Ultimately, it'd be nice if they'd stop glossing over everything. It's give them much more story potential and better characters.

Also, all sins are equal in God's eyes but since we are not God, some sins are worse than others under human morality and laws. Biblically speaking, adultery isn't just cheating on a spouse. Therefore, any sexual relationship on Days outside of marriage would be sin. But when we're talking about a show or even real life, we're not talking about how God judges sin; we're talking about people.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic