Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, June 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 07:06 AM (17,694 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jun 23 2013, 09:43 PM
The Room Stops
Jun 23 2013, 09:20 PM
marie1969
Jun 23 2013, 11:58 AM

concerned
Jun 21 2013, 07:23 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I think that is the plan. She wants Marlena to know she had a full serving of her son. Marlena will know what's going on but won't be able to prove it. They made it point to let the viewers know that the drug was totally untraceable. The church and the town might even think it was consensual sex which will tarnish Eric's reputation and humiliate him while Marlena will be powerless.

Of course, this is a stupid plan which is going to blow up in her face. She will lose Brady for good and her stupid scheme is also going to drive a wedge between her and the one person who cares about her, Eej. Let's face if Ej has to choose between his family with Samantha and his other family, he will choose his Samantha everything no question asked.

I stand by what I said before. Using Marlena's kids to get to her is being a coward. I would root for Kristen if she went after Marlena directly by facing her woman to woman bitch to bitch. May the best worst one win.
She can't beat Marlena woman to woman. Marlena won't do evil, which makes it harder because Kristen has to pack on the lies, and those always unravel in the end. It'd just be fun watching her try. And going through her kids IS far less entertaining IMO. I don't give a shit about her ruining Eric, I wanted Nicole to be the reason Eric has to leave the priesthood.
That's why Nicole vs Kristen is so much fun. Neither woman have problems getting in the mud and fighting dirty. And both have done bad stuff, so neither of them can claim moral authority. Both can scheme and plot, and it's not out of character for either one.

I don't have a problem with them bad mouthing Kristin for the bitch she is but I do not want Nicole to be the reason Eric" has" to leave the priesthood.If I have to hear Sami,Marlena,Victor,Jennifer,Maggie,and all of Salem talking shit to and about Nicole because she caused Eric to "have to "not "choose to"leave the priesthood,I definitely will abandon Days without looking back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

This is a pretty emotional topic for a lot of people and I don't really want to debate anything here about DOOL's approach toward sexual assault (as an umbrella term). I did want to mention that many of us thought the reveal of Nick's assault in prison and the fallout might lead to a frank discussion about rape, since those dialogues seemed to be written with some sensitivity. In addition to the characters involved, perhaps that's part of the reason the Eric-Kristen situation seems to be particularly awful.

Note: Even as a non-religious person, I still feel as though assaulting Eric has a special awfulness about it that I'm not necessarily attributing to his clergy role.
Online Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

I did want to mention that many of us thought the reveal of Nick's assault in prison and the fallout might lead to a frank discussion about rape,

If Days was floor, Samis' multiple rapes would be like a hole rotted in it. Instead of fixing the rot, it's left there to decay futher.

By treating Nick's rape with concern, it would be like painting the floor a pretty bright white color around the hole, making it even darker with the contrast.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 23 2013, 11:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 23 2013, 10:02 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 23 2013, 06:27 PM
DHim. He had to get a restraining order against a woman who thought that when his character exorcised the devil from Marlena on the show, it went into him
It was a man who attacked Drake, not a woman

Here's Drake's restraining order:
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/010306_hogestyn_wm.pdf
Thanks for the correction. Your collection of the history of Days' cast and crew is amazing :applause:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ophelia
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jun 23 2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:

I did want to mention that many of us thought the reveal of Nick's assault in prison and the fallout might lead to a frank discussion about rape,

If Days was floor, Samis' multiple rapes would be like a hole rotted in it. Instead of fixing the rot, it's left there to decay futher.

By treating Nick's rape with concern, it would be like painting the floor a pretty bright white color around the hole, making it even darker with the contrast.
Oh, totally. No argument there. When they treated Nick's assault the way they did, my initial thought was, "great! They're finally going to address this topic the way they should." I think others had that reaction as well. The idea, of course, is that it would finally open a dialogue for others in Salem to address their own assaults -- including Sami.

Seeing them return to form with Eric and Kristen is disappointing and having the two (Nick and Eric) occur so close together creates a natural comparison.
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jun 23 2013, 10:02 PM
lysie
Jun 23 2013, 04:21 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 23 2013, 03:31 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 23 2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I'm not even going to compare rape to adultery. Both are wrong but one is an encounter of two CONSENTING adults and one is an crime of violence and power. They are NOT equal....you can go to jail for rape....but not adultery.....

I don't have issues with rape stories on soaps. Unfortunately rape is a part of real life and soaps SHOULD tackle real life issues as part of stories they depict.....my main issue is when they try to glorify rape, reward a rapist, sweep the rape under the rug, whitewash the characters that committed it and then try to write it as a romance....it's vile and disgusting and I just hope that Days doesn't ONCE AGAIN go down that road here with Kristen and Eric.....because if that is what they are planning, then it's beyond ridiculous and I've hung on after the most disgusting storyline IMHO that Days has ever depicted but if they go there again with Eric and Kristen then I just might turn off the tv and forget about Days altogether.
There is a third person no one seems to be considering. Two people are consenting, but is the third person who is fully trusting their spouse? Also, there are other countries besides America. Some countries condemn people to death for adultory.
Being a victim of adultery and being a victim of rape are pretty vastly different. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd much rather someone cheat on me than rape me. But it's not some sort of competition between who is the bigger victim and who is the bigger jerk. Ultimately, Salem is in America, and in America one of these actions is a crime and the other isn't. Days doesn't seem to handle the consequences of either action very well anymore.
ITA...and like I said before I don't have a problem with rape being depicted on a soap and since it's a soap I expect those that commit rape to get away with it from time to time and not be punished by the law...but ultimately this is a soap and those that do these things usually don't get everything they want, or they get beaten and only through years of a good redemption story can fans begin to accept this character as a changed person...what I hate is how this show trivializes rape, how they make it so that the person who commits it, not only gets to plant his seed, but he's rewarded with a son, he ultimately gets the girl too, then for years the fact that he raped her isn't even mentioned because the soap handled it so wrongly that they don't even want to remind viewers that it happened, because you know, the character has 'changed'.....in other words, not been redeemed but whitewashed. The victim instead of hating on him for years will immediately turn and forgive him, lean on him for support and be very forgiving for something she would not forgive anyone for. There is a precedent with the character of Sami....she shot her last rapist in the balls with no apology...but somehow I'm suppose to believe that she loves EJ? It's the fact that they romanticize rape that is wrong, not the fact that they depict rape in the stories on soaps.....let's face it...Sami who historically holds grudges for years and years, didn't even hold a grudge on EJ for more than a few months.....then she was constantly following him around town to make sure that he knew that she was willing to play along with his vendetta crap. Hopefully Days has learned and won't do the same with Kristen and Eric... .

I wanted EJ to be the father of Samiīs child but not because I loved Ejami but because I thought a Dimera baby made for a good storylines for years to come, and that is way I didnīt like Bo being the father of Zack and Cierra. And I see it more as rewarding EJ and Ejami fans, Lumi and Ejami getting a baby each seemed fair to both fanbases, and even if Ejami wasnīt together I think Johnny Dimera as a teenager makes for a more interesting character than Johnny Horton. Anyway 50 % of me loves Ejami the other 50 % loves EJ as a villain so if they hadnīt paired Ejami but just had EJ as a villain might have worked for me. I think EJ become to good in 2008 where as I missed bad EJ, and he could be more bad now too.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jun 24 2013, 03:07 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

BlueSkyes Sami didn't threaten to glue EJs mouth shut because
he isn't the one threatening to tell Justin about the Video. :flipoff:
Abby will probably shoot her big mouth off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sweet and Salty
Jun 23 2013, 06:34 PM
Reese
Jun 23 2013, 06:23 PM
James Reynolds (JR) plays Abe, and Renee Jones (RJ) was Lexie.
Unbelievable.
Not really. Think of the Cheerios commercial with the bi-racial couple and their little girl that's been garnering so much ugliness. Stupidly and racism hasn't gone away. In fact, the Internet just allows them to come out in all their anonymous, hateful gloriousness.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

The Room Stops
Jun 23 2013, 09:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 23 2013, 06:14 PM
TreasureCove
Jun 23 2013, 06:03 PM
EM, SC, AZ, and DH have all had to dodge punches and have been physically assaulted in the street. Others most likely have to, I just don't know about their run-ins with dangerous fans.

Oh and GG , JR, and RJ have all recieved racist hatemail. I hope the little boy who plays Theo hasn't, or if he has, an adult got to it before he could see it.
Who's JR and RJ? DHer or DHim?
I get so confused by using DH for Drake. DH is Deidre Hall, Drake is DDH (Donald Drake Hogestyn). At least that's how it has always been before.
Works for me as well!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

SoapGal1
Jun 21 2013, 03:48 PM
Sonny is a stud.
Yes he is I like him so much. :wub2: So glad he stood up to Sami and EJ and made them tell Will all the secrets and things don't work and he and Will know better than anybody and I am glad they are trying to keep it that way. Loving WilSon today they were great and loved Will reaction to finding out about Bernandi and who is was Chandler was so good and loved how Sonny was trying to keep him quiet they were good today and it looks like it is only going to get better!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

ladyofthelake
Jun 24 2013, 06:02 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jun 23 2013, 06:34 PM
Reese
Jun 23 2013, 06:23 PM
James Reynolds (JR) plays Abe, and Renee Jones (RJ) was Lexie.
Unbelievable.
Not really. Think of the Cheerios commercial with the bi-racial couple and their little girl that's been garnering so much ugliness. Stupidly and racism hasn't gone away. In fact, the Internet just allows them to come out in all their anonymous, hateful gloriousness.
Never heard about that either. I don't get that at all. And I'm from the Deep South. I know it's real, just terrifically, terrifically ugly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic