Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Weekly Promo 6/24/13
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 11:59 PM (2,045 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Special Emmy Promo this week.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-62413/n38313/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnro1wmZ4xo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IIttu
Member Avatar

How nice of you, Days, to include J&M in your Emmy-hype promo. Especially when you've managed to disgrace plenty of their history and ruin the base of this couple during these past 9 months, not to mention sending Drake off the canvas for several months, apparently not bothering to fix this J&M-mess you've created. Sincerely, a bitter J&M-fan.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Too much Ejami in this promo.

Marlene

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, the video for this promo is much the same as used to congratulated CM last year. They've added Kristen and Ejami. Anyone else remember the video?

I especially remember Marlena's excitement hugging Will and Gabi's, "Oh my God, that's huge."

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

They should have added Freddie and Arianne to honor them for their emmy nominations instead.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Why?? They didn't win.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I didn't say they won. Promoting that your other actors are good enough to be nominated for awards in a promo about winning awards is good PR. It would also be a nice thing to do for Arianne and Freddie for putting so much effort into their characters.

Freddie didn't win, but during his speech Chandler still praised him for his acting as his partner on the show.

AS, JS, and ED didn't win anything, yet they were added
Edited by TreasureCove, Jun 22 2013, 12:07 PM.

S loves EJ

Maybe itīs a bit much Ejami, but I think they wanted to show some from the show aswell. Sure it would have been a nice gesture to Arianne and Freddie, but I think it might have to much nominations talk in one promo. They seem to have used old promos as material which I found lazy.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 22 2013, 12:40 PM
Maybe itīs a bit much Ejami, but I think they wanted to show some from the show aswell. Sure it would have been a nice gesture to Arianne and Freddie, but I think it might have to much nominations talk in one promo. They seem to have used old promos as material which I found lazy.
There are plenty of things and people they could have shown from the show besides ejami...it's called overkill.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

Ejami had 2 scenes which was only 3 seconds in a promo which was 15 seconds long. Rme. I can understand if the promo was just about ejami. In fact the promo featured Will/CM the most who was featured in some aspect 9 seconds out of the 15.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jun 22 2013, 07:49 PM
Ejami had 2 scenes which was only 3 seconds in a promo which was 15 seconds long. Rme. I can understand if the promo was just about ejami. In fact the promo featured Will/CM the most who was featured in some aspect 9 seconds out of the 15.
And that I understand because Will was featured as one of the main characters in one of the main storylines...not to mention that he was Days one and only emmy winner.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

IDK it seems that the show focused on the two actors in this promo that apparently didn't think they had any good material to submit for Emmy consideration this year. Days needs to take their heads out of their asses

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Nice little promo. I think they focused on exactly who they meant to.

marie1969

gailwinters
Jun 22 2013, 10:04 PM
Nice little promo. I think they focused on exactly who they meant to.
I flove how heavily Ejami is feature in this promo and any kind of promotion for the show really. More proof how invested TPTB is in with Ejami as a couple. When KC said LSB, he was not kidding.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 22 2013, 09:25 PM
IDK it seems that the show focused on the two actors in this promo that apparently didn't think they had any good material to submit for Emmy consideration this year. Days needs to take their heads out of their asses
Actually, JS was the only one who thought that. AS did put her name in the running this year.

EDIT: I stand corrected. AS did not put her name on the ballot. My mistake.
Edited by T-Love74, Jun 23 2013, 11:30 PM.

lachelle73

TreasureCove
Jun 22 2013, 12:05 PM
I didn't say they won. Promoting that your other actors are good enough to be nominated for awards in a promo about winning awards is good PR. It would also be a nice thing to do for Arianne and Freddie for putting so much effort into their characters.

Freddie didn't win, but during his speech Chandler still praised him for his acting as his partner on the show.

AS, JS, and ED didn't win anything, yet they were added
I agree they should have put Freddie and Ari and Peggy in the promo win they were all nominated and they could have put a WilSon moment in their since the focus was on the win for the show and they are part of the show and a big part of why Chandler won, it was so classy of him to mention Freddie as his partner on the show and how it is a pleasure to work with him that was great. Love Chandler and Freddie they seem like really good guys.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's fine. It's boring but it's promoting story. Other than Chandler Massey they really didn't focus on anything from last year. The first Emmy promo was a lot of J&M which was really weird. There are several people I'm surprised they didn't include though.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 24 2013, 09:50 AM
It's fine. It's boring but it's promoting story. Other than Chandler Massey they really didn't focus on anything from last year. The first Emmy promo was a lot of J&M which was really weird. There are several people I'm surprised they didn't include though.
Like who?? Dannifer??

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jun 24 2013, 10:49 AM
lysie
Jun 24 2013, 09:50 AM
Like who?? Dannifer??
It could be ari
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply