Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Devious Maids Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 24 2013, 04:17 PM (2,341 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Devious Maids Renewed for Second Season

Lifetime doesn't want the dust to settle just yet. The network has ordered a second season of its soap drama "Devious Maids."

The Mexican import centers on five Latina maids — played by Ana Ortiz, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez and Edy Ganem — who work for the well-heeled elite in Beverly Hills and find themselves bonded when a fellow housemaid is murdered. The Marc Cherry series drew much criticism ahead of its premiere from within the Latino community and beyond questioning whether the show perpetuates negative stereotypes.

Accusations surrounding the series, an adaptation of Televisa's telenovela "Ellas son la Alegria del Hogar" (They Are the Joy of Home") had executive producer Eva Longoria on the offense.

"What I didn't expect was that much criticism from our own community having not even seen it," she told The Times in a May interview. "It doesn't define our culture, if we're playing these types of roles."

That didn't stop the more than 2 million viewers who tuned in to its June 23 premiere — and the numbers have steadily grown since then. While still hardly the type of numbers Cherry's ABC soap "Desperate Housewives" drew with its Sunday airings in its heyday, the sudser has at least done well in positioning Lifetime as cable's No. 1 network in the 10 p.m. ET/PT slot among women.

“One of the most daring series on television, "Devious Maids" has quickly become a hit. We are very proud of the show and are delighted to continue our partnership with Marc Cherry, Eva Longoria, Sabrina Wind, ABC Studios and Televisa USA. I am thrilled we are bringing "Devious Maids" back for a second season to lead our scripted slate in 2014,” said Rob Sharenow, executive vice president and general manager of Lifetime, in a statement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-lifetime-orders-second-season-of-devious-maids-20130813,0,6089842.story
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

im so happy it will be bak for another season.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Alin89
Aug 21 2013, 06:43 PM
im so happy it will be bak for another season.
Me too! I have loved everything I have seen so far.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I like the powells they r very weird and funny. I loved how Marisol sneaked in and visted Flora's grandmother. The grandmother said some very intersting stuff. I felt so bad for Odessa. I loved how Carmen stood up for her. It's good that valentina didnt give her egg too creepy. I love how valentina's mom put genevie in her place. I still think Mrs. Powell will try to get some time with tucker. I wonder who was flora's baby's father. next week is looking very good.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Good episode! The scene where Carmen finds out Alejandro is gay was funny. Can't wait for the next one. We have to wait two weeks.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Omg wat a good episode!! The way micheal ex died was scary. I think maybe remi is the killer for flora. The carmen scenes made me lol too funny. I felt so bad for her shaving him. Mr. powell was so creepy to rosie. Poor spence i loved how he wanted to fight for rosie lol. I love genieve and philipe. In the next two weeks its going to look good.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Another good episode!! Peri hitting that guy was funny as hell. I loved her going down her knees to pray. I felt bad for Rosie having to clean up Peri's mess. I get the feeling flora's baby was Remi's dad. I loved remi punching his dad. I don't like Philppe at all. I think Genieve is making a horrible mistake. Marisol should be careful because now Taylor and Micheal r suspicous of her. Oh my Alejandro's bf wat a weirdo. I loved how carmen took advantige of him lol. Now uh oh alejandro will be outed now in the public. next week is looking good too.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Poor taylor when she got shot by the sniper. I love how peri brought bak Rosie's son. I like that rosie gave bak the enagement ring to Spence. I hate philipee so much. I like that remi wants to do good. I hated but yet understood Zolia's motives for Valentina to stay home. Poor Alejandro. It was a funny scene with alejandro and sam chasing after the paprazzi lol. Poor taylor though i hope she doesn't loose the baby. I love that Evelyn wants a divorce from Adrian. She is finally standing up for herself. The season finale is looking good thats for sure.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

What did you think of the finale, Alin?

Alin89
Member Avatar

ill post my thoughts tomorrow casey.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Wat a finale thats for sure. I like how adrian killed off Philipee. Philipee deserved that wat a bastard. Poor taylor on how she lost the baby. I love that the ladies knoe the truth about Marisol. I liked how the ladies helped her with finding the truth. Poor carman I would choose Sam if i was her. I also like how the ladies helped with the backup story for adrian powell. I'm so happy Philipee is dead genieve is a dumbass. I hope Valentina doesn't leave she should have listened to her mom. I felt bad for Rosie but karma is a bitch. I think wat Peri did was very evil. I'm happy eddie is out of prison too. I cant wait till next yr for a new season.
Edited by Alin89, Sep 27 2013, 04:55 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

erase
Edited by Alin89, Sep 27 2013, 04:54 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I can't wait either. This was the one show that really hooked me this year. Phillipe as Flora's killer didn't exactly shock me, but I was satisfied in the end. Hope they keep up the pace next season.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i think next season will be intersting because how will rosie get out of her mess and among other things

Alin89
Member Avatar

Bumping this back up since the second season premired.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I watched the season premiere too. Dania Ramirez and Ana Ortiz looked great.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I really liked the season premiere. Poor Marisol doesn't know what she got herself into. I also hope we will see taylor again. I liked what the robbers did with the stolen jewels from evelyn's dinner. I can't believe Valentina will be working for them. I like their bodyguard as well. Peri is so sneaky. I liked the scenes with Carmen and Odessa as well. I wonder what Rosie will do when she finds out that it was Peri who called immigration on her. I think Valentina will be with the pool guy. I can't wait for more this season. The next episode is looking very good.
Edited by Alin89, Apr 27 2014, 05:13 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I really liked yesterday's episode. I liked the scene with evelyn and the homeless lady. It was so funny to see how scared Adrien was. I wonder who these robbers r that keep coming. I felt so bad for carmen. Zolia is a control freak. I like the new family Rosie is being a maid for. I felt so bad for Rosie when Spence broke up with her like that. Perri so evil as well. I really don't like Marisol's future husband. I don't like that maid either that works for her future husband. I can't wait for the next episode it's looking good.
Edited by Alin89, Apr 28 2014, 09:42 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

This episode was very good. I liked what Rosie did for Kenneth. I felt so bad for Carmen and Odessa. I think Marisol has figured out that opal's son is nicholas' son. I also felt bad for Zoila. Poor Remi hope he doesn't die. I love that Evelyn is cheating on Adrien now and its the other way around. I felt so bad for that boy who killed himself b/c he killed Alejandro. I'm going to miss Alejandro. I can't believe Adrien shot Evelyn lol. That sex scene with Tony and Tanya was very steamy and expected lol .I can't wait for the next episode it's getting good.
Edited by Alin89, May 5 2014, 09:25 AM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I'm so happy to see Rosie moving on. I think the new guy will be good for her. I liked how the uncle kept talking to Rosie through the laptop lol. I'm so happy to see Evelyn cheating on Adrien this is karma lol. I love how they drove him crazy so he could leave for treatment. Carmen made me laugh with the way she got the job. I'm not liking Nicholas one bit. I'm so happy we saw Taylor again and everything seems good with her. I loved Zolia's scenes they were funny as heck. Pablo is a fool to give her up for someone else. I love how Genieve was trying to help her. I like Ethan with Valentina as well. They seem good together. I don't like Opal either weird lady. Next episode is looking very good with Remi coming back and etc.
Edited by Alin89, May 12 2014, 06:01 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply