Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC/OLTL Schedule Change as of July 1st; Weekly Episodes will now air on Mondays
Topic Started: Jun 25 2013, 05:32 PM (1,016 Views)
etfan1

Beginning July 1, AMC and OLTL's weekly episodes will all be available on Mondays. Here is the statement from TOLN about the scheduling switch: "Mondays are now soap days, with more choices, and more flexibility. Beginning next Monday, July 1, 2013, TOLN (The OnLine Network) will release ALL of the week’s highly-rated All My Children and One Life To Live episodes on Mondays via Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes. The new schedule means that TOLN will run all episodes on Mondays, and not stagger runs of All My Children on Mondays/Wednesdays, One Life to Live on Tuesdays/Thursdays and MORE AMC/OLTL on Fridays. Now viewers will be able to choose to watch one episode each day or binge view some or all of that week’s shows at once starting each Monday. Together with the MORE shows, viewers can play or save up to six TOLN programs per week—all available on Mondays – providing even more flexibility to watch anytime, and anywhere."

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/amcoltl-switch-programming-schedule
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Just make up your damn mind.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

What they really need to do is blend the two shows together so that you don't have to go searching for two separate titles. And then they can stagger the order so that on Mondays/Wednesdays it's OLTL first and on Tuesdays/Thursdays it's AMC first. Except of course for every third Wednesday when it's bonus previously-unaired material, and Fridays which are for recaps. Unless that Friday happens to be an odd numbered day, in which case the recap episode is replaced with a simultaneous release of the next three episodes of each show (well, except for when the date is both odd and prime, then it's AMC only). Even numbered Fridays are, of course "F*** Me Fridays" which sees the release of two uncensored episodes of both titles.

All of which is to say- they make this sound so complicated! I get that the labor dispute had them adjust some things, but damn. Just release the frickin' series.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Every week its some type of issue with PP, they need to get their act together. :soapbox:

JosieComesHome

There's alot of confusion at PP, no doubt. But I get the impression that they are making the changes they're making to get as many viewers and clicks as they can get, like losing one viewer due to binge viewing or not liking the HWs or not liking the cursing or because people are taking long weekends or going away for a week or so during the summer, is losing one viewer too many. I wish they weren't coming across as so desperate with every move they make, but we don't really know how many clicks they're getting and if it's what they were expecting/budgeting for. So speaking just for me, I'll give them a pass on this one because unlike ABC, I get the feeling these guys really want AMC and OLTL to succeed, even if they have to make a weekly change in schedule or content or HWs in order to accomplish it.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i should have known i did the right thing of not watching amc and oltl when it started. PP is someone i cant trust

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

PP is someone i can't trust.

It's always something. Gawd only knows what they're gonna do next. :drunk:
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 25 2013, 08:58 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Who is running this carnival? A seventh grade student with ADD? Good Lord! STFU and sit down already!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I. DON'T. WANT. TO. WATCH. ALL. MY. CHILDREN.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

JosieComesHome
Jun 25 2013, 08:38 PM
There's alot of confusion at PP, no doubt. But I get the impression that they are making the changes they're making to get as many viewers and clicks as they can get, like losing one viewer due to binge viewing or not liking the HWs or not liking the cursing or because people are taking long weekends or going away for a week or so during the summer, is losing one viewer too many. I wish they weren't coming across as so desperate with every move they make, but we don't really know how many clicks they're getting and if it's what they were expecting/budgeting for. So speaking just for me, I'll give them a pass on this one because unlike ABC, I get the feeling these guys really want AMC and OLTL to succeed, even if they have to make a weekly change in schedule or content or HWs in order to accomplish it.
Except unlike ABC I can already tell that should they decide to cancel them there will be no finale, they'll just end on whatever the last thing was they shot.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sweet Jesus make UP YOUR MINDS already!!!!

JosieComesHome

Drew
Jun 25 2013, 11:25 PM
Except unlike ABC I can already tell that should they decide to cancel them there will be no finale, they'll just end on whatever the last thing was they shot.
You're probably right about that, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that they're having more problems getting viewers to watch/click than they're admitting, despite the dozens of tweets from their actors about how they're #1 on Hulu, etc. But I want AMC (at least) to succeed, if only to undo the damage they did when they broke up Zach and Kendall so that Zach could flit around town, free as a bird without a wife or kids (and heaven knows, they can't even be bothered to remember the names of his sons). I want Kendall back, I want Zach and Kendall back together any way it can happen, and I want the Kane women (including the one and only Erica Kane) back on the show. This version of AMC is not AMC without the Kane women front and center, and I'm not talking about a teenage Miranda. The Hubbards are great, but they're only a part of AMC. More Kanes, more Martins, more of what Pine Valley has been--that's what I want to see.

GoldenGirl

Did anybody see that OLTL and AMC is heading to OWN for the summer?

Credit:
http://news.yahoo.com/children-one-life-live-air-own-184900015.html

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

GoldenGirl
Jun 27 2013, 02:02 PM
Did anybody see that OLTL and AMC is heading to OWN for the summer?

Credit:
http://news.yahoo.com/children-one-life-live-air-own-184900015.html
Yes, it's already posted.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

but I thought they didn't want us binge viewing :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply