Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
18-year "Days" vet Richard Bloore returns as costume designer
Topic Started: Jun 25 2013, 11:27 PM (1,857 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"DAYS" WELCOMES HOME LONG-TIME COSTUME DESIGNER & HIRES LAUREN KOSLOW'S HUSBAND TOO!

Costume designer Richard Bloore has returned to his post at "Days" after a five-year absence. He replaces Jayne Marie Kehoe, who had been the costumer designer for "Days" since August 2008. Bloore, 58, started his career working for a rock-and-roll designer in the late 1970s. He started his soap career as the costume designer for "Santa Barbara" from 1984-1990. Bloore then joined "Days" as its costume designer in April 1990 and stayed with the show until August 2008. He was Daytime-Emmy nominated for his work at "Days" in 1997, 1999 and 2006. In an interview Bloore did in 2011, he stated that "I just hope I will get another chance at being a part of that family feeling (at work) again." Well, that chance has now come. Welcome back, Richard, to the "Days" family! Bloore reported back to work earlier this month, so look for his first costume designs on screen beginning around October 1...In previously announced news, Nick Schillace, the husband of Lauren Koslow (Kate) took over as head of the makeup and hair departments earlier this month. Schillace, 59, started his career in daytime at "The Young and the Restless" from 1984-1986, which is where he met his wife and won a Daytime Emmy in 1985. He also has worked at "Knots Landing" (1988-1993) and "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1993-1999). Schillace will also have his work debut on-screen around October 1. He released this statement on Facebook: "O.K.... So here's the news you've been waiting for. It has been in the works for over a year, but it has finally a reality. I have been tapped by the great leadership at Days of Our Lives to help guide the look of the show into the 21st century. That's right... you heard me... I have been given the opportunity to oversee the makeup and hair department at Days. I am honored and excited to work... alongside the wonderful cast and crew of Days, and to try to make a difference in the look of the show. I want to share the experience on a day to day basis with all of you, and the millions of Days fans out there, so I will be open to suggestions as to the best ways to achieve that. Maybe we can go "Into the Makeup Dept.". Any way, I wanted to share that with all of you. I will be keeping you posted, but until then, "keep your powder dry".

Posted Image

You can view lots of Richard's "Days" work at his website: http://richardbloore.com/

Just click on Portfolio at the bottom, and you can check out wedding dresses he designed for Lisa Rinna, Nadia Bjorlin, Missy Reeves, Deidre Hall and Eileen Davidson, plus ball gowns he did for Missy, Lauren Koslow, Julianne Morris and Millie Martin.
Edited by Jason47, Jun 25 2013, 11:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Excellent. He can give some advice/guidance to some at Days.

Ellie

Wow, this is amazing news about Richard Bloore! He is just SO good. In his previous stint at Days, you could tell he'd read the scripts and knew the progression of an outfit. For example, I don't think Eileen's "wow I didn't realize I'd have that dress on for a month" scenario would have ever happened on his watch. Additionally, he'd dress the characters according to their roles within the story. In the 90's, Marlena would often be in a white feminine outfit while Kristen would be in blacks and reds with sharply angled cuts. Deidre used to joke that you knew Marlena would be in some dire situation whenever she wore white! Probably because it got dirty quickly and showed on camera right away, like when she was in the pit or in the water in Aremid. It's not an easy job at all to make sure everyone is dressed in character, and there aren't two characters in the same color or "look" in one scene when they shouldn't be, AND that an outfit is suitable physically for everything the character has to experience while wearing it. And the sad part is, I'm not even convinced that anyone since Bloore has even thought of any of these things at all. Welcome back, Richard - you've been missed!

Ellie

Funny side anecdote - I interviewed Bill & Susan Hayes for DR about a year ago, and in their historical fiction novel, they'd named a seamstress Mrs. Bloore. I asked them if this were in honor of Richard, and Susan was so excited that I caught the reference and said yes! My point in retelling this is that if a wardrobe person made such an impression on them that they named a fictional character after him, he has to be good.

MissLola
Member Avatar

If I recall correctly late 2008 was when the clothing started to become hideous.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, this is one of the best pieces of BTS production news I've heard in a long time. Welcome home, Mr. Bloore!

lysie
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jun 25 2013, 11:41 PM
If I recall correctly late 2008 was when the clothing started to become hideous.
You recall correctly, and I AM pumped! 2008 is when they started dressing 'normal' and not like soap characters. Not that their clothes were perfect all the time before that (hardly!) but they looked like soap characters and not like my neighbors.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Forgot to add: You can view lots of Richard's "Days" work at his website: http://richardbloore.com/

Just click on Portfolio at the bottom, and you can check out wedding dresses he designed for Lisa Rinna, Nadia, Missy, Dee and Eileen and ball gowns he did for Missy, Lauren, Julianne Morris and Millie Martin.

chinkybig

YAHOO!!! I remember the Days when Kristen and Marlena had looked "really sharp". While 90s fashion were hardly "fashionable" or "chic", at least the clothes were a good fit on the actors.

Welcome back, Mr. Bloore. Great news, indeed.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 25 2013, 11:49 PM
Forgot to add: You can view lots of Richard's "Days" work at his website: http://richardbloore.com/

Just click on Portfolio at the bottom, and you can check out wedding dresses he designed for Lisa Rinna, Nadia, Missy, Dee and Eileen and ball gowns he did for Missy, Lauren, Julianne Morris and Millie Martin.
omg, coronation gown. loved that one.

edit: okay, i had to edit b/c :roflol: under contemporary he has a pic of Julie as pepper and Bonnie as Mrs. Clause.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 26 2013, 12:35 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

This is great news! Now only four months until we see the changes, let the countdown begin!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Fantastic news! Richard Bloore is great!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Welcome home indeed!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

If he's responsible for Lexie's Disney villain dress, then he's an automatic legend.

Keith
Member Avatar

Now let's hope they have the budget to let him do his best. Though even if they don't, I'm sure he'll spin shit into gold. So excited about this. Thought put into wardrobe again? Yes yes yes.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Yippee! Best news ever! My biggest complaint besides ill fitting wardrobe has always been how the characters don't seem to have their own personal look to reflect their character so I hope to see him dress the characters according to their roles within the story.
Edited by Hamilton, Jun 26 2013, 07:44 AM.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

This is great news!

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Thank god! No more blue and purple shit! And maybe that dumbass gray and pink suit of EJ's will be trashed too!

OliveAnn

I'm really excited to see Bloore and Schillace's work. More than anything, I hope they'll make sure the characters don't dress in one color (like in that awful blue phase back in 2010/2011) and that they don't have the same hairstyle for 3 whole months.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Ahhhh the good old Days are returning! Kickass news, thanks for sharing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply