Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, June 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 26 2013, 07:08 AM (10,936 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Tracey Bregman before she became a glamour queen over at Y&R. I vaguely remember her as Donna Craig, but I was so young I don't remember much of her story. Did she attempt suicide or fall out of a window? Don't know why that rings a bell.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think she tried to fake jumping out a window at the Salem Inn (she was on the ledge) as a means of disrupting Don and Marlena's 1st wedding attempt (the ceremony was going on downstairs, I believe). Naturally, Don raced to his daughter's aid (I believe there was actually still some question whether Don was actually her father at this point), went on the ledge to talk her in, and then ended up falling off himself as he helped her to safety.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jun 26 2013, 07:22 AM
Tracey Bregman before she became a glamour queen over at Y&R. I vaguely remember her as Donna Craig, but I was so young I don't remember much of her story. Did she attempt suicide or fall out of a window? Don't know why that rings a bell.
She tried to jump out of a window on Don & Marlena's wedding day. Don fell out instead. Wedding was postponed.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 26 2013, 07:51 AM
I think she tried to fake jumping out a window at the Salem Inn (she was on the ledge) as a means of disrupting Don and Marlena's 1st wedding attempt (the ceremony was going on downstairs, I believe). Naturally, Don raced to his daughter's aid (I believe there was actually still some question whether Don was actually her father at this point), went on the ledge to talk her in, and then ended up falling off himself as he helped her to safety.
Ah, thanks Matt. Yes, that does ring a bell. Not sure, but all these years later, I find the image of Don falling off the ledge rather funny. :D

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Wasn't Marlena the one to actually go first? I think that was an issue because he was angry at Donna or something. Deidre talked about that story on a talk show one time. It was funny because he fell off the building and went deaf.

Ellie

lysie
Jun 26 2013, 08:14 AM
Matt
Wasn't Marlena the one to actually go first? I think that was an issue because he was angry at Donna or something. Deidre talked about that story on a talk show one time. It was funny because he fell off the building and went deaf.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 26 2013, 09:36 AM
lysie
Matt
Thank you! Why didn't I ask you for this years ago?

Ellie

lysie
Jun 26 2013, 09:42 AM
Ellie
lysie
Matt
LOL! You're welcome! It's not mine (though I think I have it), I've just watched it on YouTube many times. I figured that's what you were referring to but couldn't post it from your phone or something.

Marlene

Loved that clip. Thanks for posting.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 26 2013, 09:46 AM
lysie
Jun 26 2013, 09:42 AM
Ellie
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
LOL! You're welcome! It's not mine (though I think I have it), I've just watched it on YouTube many times. I figured that's what you were referring to but couldn't post it from your phone or something.
No, I just lost it a long time ago and haven't come across it again.

Also, this is literally the only pic I could find of Donna. She's in a few cast pics but I couldn't find anything else.

Ellie

Ah, ok.

I think Linn might have one... I'm sure she'll see this.

james0479
Member Avatar

It's so wild watching that clip of Deidre. The voice is still the same but some other things have changed slightly lol. She's still beautiful and idk... There's something about her that makes me smile.

Ellie

james0479
Jun 26 2013, 09:58 AM
It's so wild watching that clip of Deidre. The voice is still the same but some other things have changed slightly lol. She's still beautiful and idk... There's something about her that makes me smile.
She's just so good at these types of interviews. She can poke fun at what she's doing on Days yet make you want to tune in at the same time. Many soap stars often don't know their audience for these things; they have to realize that the plots DO sound strange to many of the viewers of these interviews.

james0479
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 26 2013, 10:01 AM
james0479
Jun 26 2013, 09:58 AM
She's just so good at these types of interviews. She can poke fun at what she's doing on Days yet make you want to tune in at the same time. Many soap stars often don't know their audience for these things; they have to realize that the plots DO sound strange to many of the viewers of these interviews.
Exactly!! It's fun. Ya know, aside from what some of us complain about daily, I love knowing Marlena is still a part of this show. Deidre has this certain magic that nobody else has and Ive noticed lately when she's on, I kinda sit up and take notice.
Edited by james0479, Jun 26 2013, 10:05 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting that, Ellie. That was hilarious. "I'm not gonna touch that!" :roflol:

james0479
Member Avatar

Ok so this has been on my mind for awhile and it will possibly annoy some but I'm gonna share it anyway. The story of John and Marlena was a riveting ride and some of the best moments I've had with my personal history as a Days viewer. Having said that, I'm more of a Marlena fan than a Jarlena fan. While I appreciate John Black, I was never a huge fan. If I had to keep one on the show, it would be Marlena. Nobody can really argue the fact that John has been written harshly lately. But maybe the writers wanted to find some way to get Marlena free and this is how they went about it. Does it make sense to the character of John? Not so much, but it is what it is. So I'm going to go out on a very shaky limb and say Im glad they removed John from Marlena's orbit. I want to see her independent. I want to see what could be ahead for her without the mouth of an octopus on her face all the time. If there is an inevitable reunion, fine....but play with her character for awhile. There's plenty more ground to cover with Marlena and this fan wants to see it!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Marlena >>>>>>> John

lysie
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 26 2013, 10:17 AM
Ok so this has been on my mind for awhile and it will possibly annoy some but I'm gonna share it anyway. The story of John and Marlena was a riveting ride and some of the best moments I've had with my personal history as a Days viewer. Having said that, I'm more of a Marlena fan than a Jarlena fan. While I appreciate John Black, I was never a huge fan. If I had to keep one on the show, it would be Marlena. Nobody can really argue the fact that John has been written harshly lately. But maybe the writers wanted to find some way to get Marlena free and this is how they went about it. Does it make sense to the character of John? Not so much, but it is what it is. So I'm going to go out on a very shaky limb and say Im glad they removed John from Marlena's orbit. I want to see her independent. I want to see what could be ahead for her without the mouth of an octopus on her face all the time. If there is an inevitable reunion, fine....but play with her character for awhile. There's plenty more ground to cover with Marlena and this fan wants to see it!
Eh. I agree. I wish they could have done it without destroying John, but whatever. My guess is that they'll probably slap them back together somewhere down the line and I'm not looking forward to that happened while they whitewash how he treated her. I like her current role on the show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

james0479
Jun 26 2013, 10:17 AM
I agree......I LOVED the affair storyline...seriously some great soapy stuff and for a very long time it was my absolute favorite story. That said....it just seems that the longer we see Jarlena around now the less I like them and I was truly glued to their story and all that came after so having said that I'm fine with Marlena being John free for now, but I don't think that has to last forever. I feel really bad for Drake above everyone else, but he's also played a part in what I believe is my dislike of who John has become. When Kristen was returning I was delighted because I thought it gave Jarlena that chance for story....that's sort of happened but it's also not met my expectations (not that anything on this show has met my expectations in the last year or so, but anyway).....the story should have been written better. We as an audience should have been told what John's plan was and it didn't have to include sleeping with Kristen to get her away from Brady.....seriously, he could have come up with something way more interesting.....so now he lost his son and wife....brilliant.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply