Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OWN to air OLTL and AMC Starting July 15th
Topic Started: Jun 26 2013, 12:14 PM (1,067 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Quote:

@TVGMLogan FAB NEWS! OWN to air @TOLN replays of @allmychildren and @onelifetolive ! @Oprah loves our soaps! Beginning July 15

Breaking News: Oprah Picks Up AMC & OLTL!

We are starting to get whiplash from all of these Prospect Park announcements, but this latest development is huge: The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) has acquired the first 40 episodes each of ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE and will be hosting an exclusive 10-week run of the revived dramas beginning Monday, July 15! Calling it a "summer fling," OWN will air the shows Monday through Thursday, with AMC at 1 p.m. EST/PST, and OLTL at 3 p.m. EST/PST.

"These shows have proven to be very popular with a significant, loyal fan base, not to mention Oprah herself is a big fan," says OWN president Erik Logan. "Many of our viewers across numerous platforms have expressed their passion for the soaps so we are especially excited to air this limited engagement on OWN."

Adds Prospect Park Networks CEO Jeff Kwatinetz, "We are really excited to bring OWN viewers and our audience at large an opportunity to catch up on All My Children and One Life To Live on traditional television. We look forward to our millions of fans enjoying the first 40 episodes of the shows."

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2013/06/breaking-news-oprah-picks-up-amc-oltl.html

Oprah's Response via twitter..

Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah

Quote:

For 2 years u posted, tweeted, Facebooked me..I heard you. Starting 7/15, we're having a summer fling w/ the soaps! http://bit.ly/SoapsSummerFling

All My Children and One Life to Live coming to OWN this summer

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/All-My-Children-and-One-Life-to-Live-coming-to-OWN#ixzz2XLat5Tc8
Edited by Daytime, Jun 26 2013, 01:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

:D Yay!

KMan101
Member Avatar

WOW! Nice. Too bad I don't have OWN, lmao. But I've gotten so behind anyway. Such a busy last month or two. Ugh.

I wonder if she'll get a little flack for dismissing them back in 2011/2012 and now her network's airing them.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Wow!!! Great news!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Breaking News: Oprah Picks Up AMC & OLTL!

We are starting to get whiplash from all of these Prospect Park announcements, but this latest development is huge: The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) has acquired the first 40 episodes each of ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE and will be hosting an exclusive 10-week run of the revived dramas beginning Monday, July 15! Calling it a "summer fling," OWN will air the shows Monday through Thursday, with AMC at 1 p.m. EST/PST, and OLTL at 3 p.m. EST/PST.

"These shows have proven to be very popular with a significant, loyal fan base, not to mention Oprah herself is a big fan," says OWN president Erik Logan. "Many of our viewers across numerous platforms have expressed their passion for the soaps so we are especially excited to air this limited engagement on OWN."

Adds Prospect Park Networks CEO Jeff Kwatinetz, "We are really excited to bring OWN viewers and our audience at large an opportunity to catch up on All My Children and One Life To Live on traditional television. We look forward to our millions of fans enjoying the first 40 episodes of the shows."

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2013/06/breaking-news-oprah-picks-up-amc-oltl.html

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

The announcement is HUGE! I'm so happy!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Thanks for posting, Daytime.

etfan1

Only the first 40 episodes? That sucks.

Good news for Canadian Fans tho, even though it's temporary

JosieComesHome

Nice to have some good news about AMC and OLTL for a change. I'm very happy.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Yeah let's see if she keeps them going after the first 40. :toetap:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Oprah's Response via twitter..

Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah

Quote:

For 2 years u posted, tweeted, Facebooked me..I heard you. Starting 7/15, we're having a summer fling w/ the soaps! http://bit.ly/SoapsSummerFling

All My Children and One Life to Live coming to OWN this summer

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/All-My-Children-and-One-Life-to-Live-coming-to-OWN#ixzz2XLat5Tc8

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Tammy
Jun 26 2013, 01:12 PM
This may be a test. If they do well, she might.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Reese
Jun 26 2013, 03:01 PM
Tammy
Jun 26 2013, 01:12 PM
This may be a test. If they do well, she might.
I think AMC & OLTL will do very well. This is just what fans have wanted.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

So does anyone know the schedule? Like...are they starting at the beginning of the online soaps or beginning Monday, will the episodes posted on line be aired weekly/daily/etc?

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Don't watch either but exciting news for soap fans in general. Maybe a soap comeback?

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

That is nice, good for Oprah.

JosieComesHome

According to Michael Fairman on his weekly podcast last night, they will air the first three AMC episodes from TOLN on Monday, July 15 at 12 noon EST, and then on Tuesday, they'll air the fourth episode at 1pm EST, which will be the regular time from that point on. OLTL's first three episodes will air starting at Monday July 15 at 1:30pm EST, and it then will be on at 3pm EST on Tuesday, which is it's regular time from that point on.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply