Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: The 60 Greatest Soap Moments of All Time
Topic Started: Jun 27 2013, 12:31 AM (3,402 Views)
ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/60-Greatest-Soaps-1067217.aspx

It applies to all soaps, even ones not on the air anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R was practically shut out from that list lol

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla's wedding should of definitely been on the list. Also, maybe Antonio Sabato Jr or something Sonny, Brenda, Jax related on GH.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Vivian burying Carly alive seems the most glaring omission for Days but it's a fairly good list overall.
Edited by jam6242, Jun 27 2013, 07:28 AM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Didnt like the list...There was no Sonny and Brenda, who for me were an iconic supercouple in the 90's.

Marlene

Loved the list. I was surprised "Marlena being killed by the Salem Stalker" didn't rate the top 10 given the public outrage before it was revealed the Stalker killed Samantha, not Marlena.

Of course this is my personal bias showing through.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

All I know is that #2 BJ's heart story line was one of the best I have ever seen on daytime. The Scene where Felicia figures out it's BJ's heart that Maxie is getting and the scene were Tony is listening to Bj's heart beating inside of Maxie were two of the most powerful scenes I have ever seen on daytime. I still get chills when I watch them.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 27 2013, 07:26 AM
Vivian burying Carly alive seems the most glaring omission for Days but it's a fairly good list overall.
That and Bo and Hope's wedding.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Glad to see Marlena's SL being so heavily featured. Kristen/Susan, Bo & Hope- and Doug eloping with Addie were there too.

I knew what #1 would be- even before looking at the list, and probably also #2, but I really thought that Stone's AIDS SL from GH would be high on the list... but it wasn't even on the list..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

:lol: I love that Vincent getting pregnant by his father made the cut. That's just hilarious.

blueskies
Member Avatar

also sad Zack's death wasn't on there. A top 3 storyline since I've watched Days for sure. Although i realize they have many soaps to look at.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Really TVG...."Reva's Clone?"

Nate
Member Avatar

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly don't think the LnL was the best moment in daytime history. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, but there were a lot more powerful emotional scenes. Just my opinion.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Nate
Jun 28 2013, 12:15 AM
I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly don't think the LnL was the best moment in daytime history. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, but there were a lot more powerful emotional scenes. Just my opinion.
I see what you're saying. I'm not GH watcher, but i'm gonna have to give them their props here. The Luke/Laura wedding was watched by 30 MILLION people. That alone makes that the no.1 moment on every list.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Luke and Laura were the ONLY choice for #1. The rest of the list just fell into place after that. It just has to be. And it really ended and began one of the better storylines ever anyway. Not like it was a standalone wedding. Some things may have been more emotional (See : BJ's heart, Stone's AIDS, etc) but this was the total package.

I can think of a lot of things I would take off this list and some I would put on there, but if we made 5000 of these lists they would all be different. Its just interesting to see someone else's take. I totally respect Michael Logan, probably more than anyone else in the industry, but it kinda looks like he threw this together fairly quickly and wanted to include more soaps instead of actually ranking the moments. I can deal with that.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Too bad Michael Logan doesn't actually devote his daytime page in each week's TV Guide to soaps anymore.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed but the past couple of issues have been praising the glory of Live With Kelly and Michael, The Talk or some other talk show. He needs to re-name it Daytime Talk Show Page.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

His twitter and his page on TVGuide.com are just about exclusively soaps and soap stars other projects. I haven't actually seen a TV Guide in about a decade so I don't know anything about that.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

I know! Why wasn't Sheila on the list? She was the greatestest soap villain.

Or Brooke sleeping with Deacon? Who cares that Ridge isn't a Forrestor?
Edited by LPS, Jul 13 2013, 01:13 AM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 13 2013, 01:08 AM
Quote:

I know! Why wasn't Sheila on the list? She was the greatestest soap villain.

Or Brooke sleeping with Deacon? Who cares that Ridge isn't a Forrestor?
I'm sorry, but as far as soap villians go,
NO ONE tops Stefano DiMera.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Stefano is ok but I think Helena Cassidine,(GH) Ceaser Faison(Gh) Carlo Hesser (OLTL) could give him a run for his money in regards to being more "evil"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply