Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: July Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 30 2013, 04:02 PM (12,346 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I'm not a Sharon hater, I just think she's pathetic. She's not the only one to talk about there are many, she's not the only one on the show, just more pathetic because that is how she is written and does nothing to stop it.
You think Nick is a victim? I sure hope not. He did it all to himself and I hope he sits and wallows in it. I hope Sharon tells him to get bent, Avery and Adam start a relationship and they all leave poor widdle Nick to cwy all alone.
Selfish Newman
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

natdot99
Jul 7 2013, 04:35 PM
Classic
Jul 7 2013, 03:21 PM
natdot99
Jul 7 2013, 02:08 PM
HotPepper
Jul 6 2013, 06:28 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

:hail: :hail: Cassie caused her own death when she decided she wanted to impress Daniel by driving him home when he was drunk. Cassie caused the accident and Daniel took the blame for it.
Sharon needs to be in a padded cell.
Cassie caused her own death...and?? Regardless, she is still Sharon's daughter. It's not abnormal that she's grieving for her child, either.

My Gawd...Sharon haters. :blah:

The point is that she been giving for nearly a decade and she treats Cassie has her equal. Sharon has two other children who are living and need her. Sharon needs a padded cell because she refuses to let go of her dead daughter.
Quote:

The point is that she been giving for nearly a decade and she treats Cassie has her equal. Sharon has two other children who are living and need her. Sharon needs a padded cell because she refuses to let go of her dead daughter.
What???Sharon treats Cassie as her equal???? I totally disagree with that.
Wow...Sharon belongs in a padded cell because she is still visiting her dead child's grave on the anniversary of her death??? It's nothing wrong with Sharon doing this. Although Cassie is gone, she and the family are moving on. It's a gradual process. It's not a time-limit on letting go or grieving.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 7 2013, 03:21 PM
natdot99
Jul 7 2013, 02:08 PM
HotPepper
Jul 6 2013, 06:28 PM
BlissfulLily
Jul 6 2013, 11:40 AM
and your life isn't a soap opera ;) They show Johns image for us, so we know who he is talking to. He doesn't always start out saying,'hey Pops'.
Since Sharon is so off the rocker anyway, she will spot some girl that bares a resemblance of Cassie and run with it. As fragile and flakey as Nick is right now, he will see it too.
Maybe they deserve each other. Sit in their rocking chairs babbling and talking to tree's.

This Cassie shit has to go . OMG the girl has been dead for years. Let her RIP. So tired of seeing Sharon talking to her or her grave and telling Cassie what she missed out on. Never to see her graduate, marry :blah: :blah: :blah:

:hail: :hail: Cassie caused her own death when she decided she wanted to impress Daniel by driving him home when he was drunk. Cassie caused the accident and Daniel took the blame for it.
Sharon needs to be in a padded cell.
Cassie caused her own death...and?? Regardless, she is still Sharon's daughter. It's not abnormal that she's grieving for her child, either.

My Gawd...Sharon haters. :blah:
I'm not a Sharon hater, I just think she's a stupid twit, and I'm really getting tired of not being able to criticize a character without being called a hater. It's a soap, if you really HATE a character, you have a problem that can't be solved here.
There are a lot of characters that I don't like or who make me want to barf, but I certainly don't hate them.
BTW, that is collective you, not you personally. ;)
Sometimes I like phyliss and sometimes I don't, same with a lot of others, some I don't like ever, like Lauren, do I hate her, no, will I cheer and do the happy dance if she leaves, hell yeah!
Cassie did cause her own death, she and she alone got behind the wheel of the car, no one asked her to, no one put her there, she did it all on her own.
People all over the world lose loved ones, they remember them sure, but, as the years go by, do they all relive it as though it happened yesterday? Not the sane ones, life is for the living.
Sharon is obsessed with cassie, you don't see the Abbotts making pilgrimages to the gravesite every year, of course, Jack has his ghostly conversations with John, and I'm getting sick of those too.

metitle
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jul 7 2013, 03:37 PM
I hope they don't think Sharon's going to be able to shine like Phyllis and Chelsea does.
Avery means more to Nick right now than Sharon does. She's the past, Avery is the future.
Chelsea!!!
Really, the same woman who is lying about her fetus' father? --- better solution, hire an attorney
Or the same woman who got together with Billy in Myanmar because Billy's father-in-law paid her? - solution: dont act like a prostitute
On the scale of pathetic, I would say Chelsea is right up there with all the other women in Genoa City.
I like Chelsea, but she is not above the rest of them. She sleeps with a man (Dylan, Billy) just after meeting him; so does Sharon, Phyllis, Abby, et al.
So she should not be excluded from the pathetic category. How else do you explain her taking Chloe's lame brain idea? And besides pathetic characters shine.

soapflake02

A "hater" is somebody in the eyes of the character can do no right no matter what they do. They could be written as a saint and somebody could still find fault in it. In my opinion no matter what Sharon does she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. You never get over the loss of a child, some are just easier to deal with than others and sharon and nick are proving it was harder for them to get over. Lots of people go to graves of children telling them what they miss or telling them what they would be doing if they were still around. Why is that so crazy?

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

and if the dead could talk they would say, 'move on.' I'm in the better place.' Sure you hurt, you cry, you fall apart. You have other family that you have to think about.
Why do they dwell on Cassie's death and not Colleen, John, Brad...
When Katherine dies on the show I want to see Jill out there every year, birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving moaning and sobbing over her grave.

Soapwatcher

my mother lost her 10 yr old sister over 80 years ago, she still grieves, I've grown up more with the dead than I did the living, my cousin said one time "all the family talks about is the dead" my mother answered her with "there's more dead than not", another cousin asked how old a third cousin was (who by the way is still alive) and my mother said "well she DIED oh she's still alive isn't she" (the nerve of my cousin to still be alive)so Sharon's not wrong in still mourning her dead daughter no matter whose fault it was (it was the writers!) As far as Sharon goes. nothing she does will ever be right with some people, but I suggest that we tar and feather her, hang her from the highest tree with a lynch mob still people wouldn't be satisfied because we know that's the only reason Michelle Stafford is leaving is because Sharon Case drove her out of town. Otherwise Michelle had the writers and Jill in the palm of her hands, it couldn't be because Michelle saw that the FOJ were taking over and the older females were being written less or out all together (and I include Sharon in that group) look at Nicki, Gloria, Anita (not that she is that popular anyway) Jill, they don't show them too often so I look for their roles to be whittled down until all we have is Summer, Abby, and Chelsea and of course Miss Wonderful herself Lily.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

The point of it all... NO woman on this show is PERFECT!!! What PISSES me off is when they try to turn their noses up at the others, when their shit stinks too!

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Wow, don't even know how to respond to some of these post! This is getting way too personal!! It's a soap opera, these are not real people. These stories are being written for them. I agree it's getting pretty bad when you criticize a character and then you are called a "hater". Everyone handles death differently, I think the point here is the writers have overdone the Cassie issue/death. A lot of people turned to a lost loved one when they are down and I think that's what is going on here. Another point that I think is being made is why only Cassie? There are others on this show that have lost loved ones.
I for one have favorite characters, but I'm not blind to their faults. I don't know anyone that can look at any one of these characters and say they have no faults. I was in Sharon's corner during the Faith/Ashley storyline, that didn't mean I hated Ashley. I was never for what Sharon did while married to Victor or even the fact that she married Victor, but I didn't hate her! I hate what the writers are doing to her character. I'm not a Phyllis fan by no means (not because of what's she done, more because I don't like her acting). I thought her acting when finding out Nick lied was awesome. Now what lengths she went to keep Nick's secret I didn't agree with. Same thing goes with other characters (i.e. Nikki, Victor, Jack, Lauren, etc.)......it's a soap opera!! No man or woman on this show is perfect. Just because your favorite isn't loved by everyone doesn't mean zilch. It would make for a very boring soap opera.
My next thought is WTH will happen when Phyllis leaves, who will all the Sharon lovers beat up then :shrug:

metitle
Member Avatar

SnowAngel

I was never for what Sharon did while married to Victor or even the fact that she married Victor, but I didn't hate her! I hate what the writers are doing to her character.
I dont think anyone liked the direction the Sharon character was taken into during the storyline of hooking up with Victor. I liked the end of it when Sharon did unpredictable and comedic things to piss off the residents of Genoa City. I thought that part was hilarious. I remembered when Victor got together with Sabrina and the negative comments were similar to what they were when Victor/Sharon got together.
Edited by metitle, Jul 8 2013, 11:51 AM.

dameedna

celine12
Jul 7 2013, 10:14 AM
Nelson is going to give us another multiple choice spoiler. He is bashing JG and JFP so hard. Whatever this upcoming SL is NB and some others think it is pretty dreadful. He is extremely angry because he says JG and JFP were responsible for MS leaving the show.
Nelson's twitter rant was ridiculous. I get being upset that his fave MS has left the show, but this is reminicent of when VR left Y&R. She made all kinds of allegations that at first caught your attention. After a while, it was just like a dripping faucet. Annoying.

dameedna

soapflake02
Jul 7 2013, 07:11 PM
A "hater" is somebody in the eyes of the character can do no right no matter what they do. They could be written as a saint and somebody could still find fault in it. In my opinion no matter what Sharon does she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. You never get over the loss of a child, some are just easier to deal with than others and sharon and nick are proving it was harder for them to get over. Lots of people go to graves of children telling them what they miss or telling them what they would be doing if they were still around. Why is that so crazy?
IA. My husband was killed over 20 years ago. My life has never been the same and I have not truly moved on. I have tried but I have not been successful. Even with therapy, I have not made a complete recovery from it. I can only imagine what it would be to lose a child.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I was with my Dad for 52 years. I've never felt pain like that.Tore my heart out when he passed away.
I think about him daily. When I'm in a fix I'll quietly say "Okay Dad, now what do I do."
I don't sit in a chair and talk to him. I don't kneel on his grave and talk to him. He's not there, he's in my heart.
I go to Dad's grave twice a year. All that is there under 6 ft of dirt is a pretty box with the body that used to be my Dad.

I don't hate Sharon, I hate the way she acts because that is how she is written to act, like a stupid, sappy ditz that makes wrong decisions.
We don't know for positive how they are writing Phyllis out. Rumors have involved Sharon Newman being part of it. Not Sharon Case but Sharon Newman.

Yes, I know it's a soap opera.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Did I just see happen today what I thought I saw happen?

<Young and the Restless showing us what once made it a masterpiece of a soap opera?>

See, that's what happens when you, even for one day, sideline Dullan, Adam, Chelsea and Tyler and put your A+ actors Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, Christian Jules LeBlanc, Tracey E. Bregman and Sharon Case on the roster, you get a day like July 8, which to me, a 32 year viewer, has not seen happen in a long time.

Of course, Dullan, Lily and the rest of the snooze gang will show up in mass forces tomorrow and pretty much ruin what started out as a fantastic week.

soapflake02

Soapwatcher
Jul 8 2013, 08:03 AM
my mother lost her 10 yr old sister over 80 years ago, she still grieves, I've grown up more with the dead than I did the living, my cousin said one time "all the family talks about is the dead" my mother answered her with "there's more dead than not", another cousin asked how old a third cousin was (who by the way is still alive) and my mother said "well she DIED oh she's still alive isn't she" (the nerve of my cousin to still be alive)so Sharon's not wrong in still mourning her dead daughter no matter whose fault it was (it was the writers!) As far as Sharon goes. nothing she does will ever be right with some people, but I suggest that we tar and feather her, hang her from the highest tree with a lynch mob still people wouldn't be satisfied because we know that's the only reason Michelle Stafford is leaving is because Sharon Case drove her out of town. Otherwise Michelle had the writers and Jill in the palm of her hands, it couldn't be because Michelle saw that the FOJ were taking over and the older females were being written less or out all together (and I include Sharon in that group) look at Nicki, Gloria, Anita (not that she is that popular anyway) Jill, they don't show them too often so I look for their roles to be whittled down until all we have is Summer, Abby, and Chelsea and of course Miss Wonderful herself Lily.
Exactly! Sharon can do no right for anybody.

soapflake02

dameedna
Jul 8 2013, 12:52 PM
soapflake02
Jul 7 2013, 07:11 PM
IA. My husband was killed over 20 years ago. My life has never been the same and I have not truly moved on. I have tried but I have not been successful. Even with therapy, I have not made a complete recovery from it. I can only imagine what it would be to lose a child.
I'm sorry for your lose and even though it is a soap neither nick or sharon have been right since cassie died and to simply have somebody have a problem with how somebody does or doesn't grieve is just wrong. There is nothing wrong with a character being remembered. As far as Im concerned this always bringing up a child is the only part being written realistically. Not saying to use cassie as an excuse every time they do something stupid but to need to revisit a time in your life when you were happy there is nothing wrong with that. John comes back, colleen has been mentioned late, Tracy had that heart to heart with jack the other day talking about since Colleen died nothing has been right yet nobody said anything about sharon but when it's cassie it's against the law to do that. If you don't like it don't watch it. :D

soapflake02

dameedna
Jul 8 2013, 12:46 PM
celine12
Jul 7 2013, 10:14 AM
Nelson is going to give us another multiple choice spoiler. He is bashing JG and JFP so hard. Whatever this upcoming SL is NB and some others think it is pretty dreadful. He is extremely angry because he says JG and JFP were responsible for MS leaving the show.
Nelson's twitter rant was ridiculous. I get being upset that his fave MS has left the show, but this is reminicent of when VR left Y&R. She made all kinds of allegations that at first caught your attention. After a while, it was just like a dripping faucet. Annoying.
that man is a clear twit.. He trashes the show every chance he gets.

celine12

Crazygirl
Jul 7 2013, 02:03 PM
LPS
Jul 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Branco is now a nobody who is pissed Stafford is leaving.
Exactly. He's whining and complaining about the show now when it was even more horrible when MAB was running it. He's just upset because MS is leaving. He needs to go away.
Nelson seems a lot more pissed about something concerning Marco Draper (Carmine). I assume Carmine is getting killed off.

As far as JFP goes, she had the rep as a soap killer long before she came to Y&R. I love the newbies but some of the stories are very sloppily written and the writers should communicate better. One very bad move I think JFP has made is making SB the lead over MM. I like SB but IMO his character doesn't bring it the way Adam does.

soapflake02

celine12
Jul 8 2013, 07:47 PM
Crazygirl
Jul 7 2013, 02:03 PM
LPS
Jul 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Branco is now a nobody who is pissed Stafford is leaving.
Exactly. He's whining and complaining about the show now when it was even more horrible when MAB was running it. He's just upset because MS is leaving. He needs to go away.
Nelson seems a lot more pissed about something concerning Marco Draper (Carmine). I assume Carmine is getting killed off.

As far as JFP goes, she had the rep as a soap killer long before she came to Y&R. I love the newbies but some of the stories are very sloppily written and the writers should communicate better. One very bad move I think JFP has made is making SB the lead over MM. I like SB but IMO his character doesn't bring it the way Adam does.
who is SB?

metitle
Member Avatar

SB = Steve Burton - Y&R character "Dylan"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply