Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: July Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 30 2013, 04:02 PM (11,817 Views)
soapflake02

dameedna
Jul 8 2013, 12:46 PM
celine12
Jul 7 2013, 10:14 AM
Nelson is going to give us another multiple choice spoiler. He is bashing JG and JFP so hard. Whatever this upcoming SL is NB and some others think it is pretty dreadful. He is extremely angry because he says JG and JFP were responsible for MS leaving the show.
Nelson's twitter rant was ridiculous. I get being upset that his fave MS has left the show, but this is reminicent of when VR left Y&R. She made all kinds of allegations that at first caught your attention. After a while, it was just like a dripping faucet. Annoying.
he's not done yet.. he said he might as well give away how Phyllis is being written out seeing as how he's being blamed for it. Whatever the heck that means..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dameedna

Well, I guess that makes Nellie feel all impotent and what not...........whatever.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

celine12
Jul 8 2013, 07:47 PM
Crazygirl
Jul 7 2013, 02:03 PM
LPS
Jul 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Branco is now a nobody who is pissed Stafford is leaving.
Exactly. He's whining and complaining about the show now when it was even more horrible when MAB was running it. He's just upset because MS is leaving. He needs to go away.
Nelson seems a lot more pissed about something concerning Marco Draper (Carmine). I assume Carmine is getting killed off.

As far as JFP goes, she had the rep as a soap killer long before she came to Y&R. I love the newbies but some of the stories are very sloppily written and the writers should communicate better. One very bad move I think JFP has made is making SB the lead over MM. I like SB but IMO his character doesn't bring it the way Adam does.
Really? Why does he even care about Marco Draper (Carmine?). I do however agree with you about JFP, I remember what she did to GH and I will never forgive her for the horrible way she killed off Frankie Frame but even with that being said Y&R has been horrible since long before she took over IMO.

LPS
Member Avatar

IMO, JFP's tenure at YR is not this fu*kin' disaster that a few make it out to be. Its just boring. What are the major mistakes she's made?

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

2 words...nuabby
nukyle!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Jul 8 2013, 11:08 AM
Wow, don't even know how to respond to some of these post! This is getting way too personal!! It's a soap opera, these are not real people. These stories are being written for them. I agree it's getting pretty bad when you criticize a character and then you are called a "hater". Everyone handles death differently, I think the point here is the writers have overdone the Cassie issue/death. A lot of people turned to a lost loved one when they are down and I think that's what is going on here. Another point that I think is being made is why only Cassie? There are others on this show that have lost loved ones.
I for one have favorite characters, but I'm not blind to their faults. I don't know anyone that can look at any one of these characters and say they have no faults. I was in Sharon's corner during the Faith/Ashley storyline, that didn't mean I hated Ashley. I was never for what Sharon did while married to Victor or even the fact that she married Victor, but I didn't hate her! I hate what the writers are doing to her character. I'm not a Phyllis fan by no means (not because of what's she done, more because I don't like her acting). I thought her acting when finding out Nick lied was awesome. Now what lengths she went to keep Nick's secret I didn't agree with. Same thing goes with other characters (i.e. Nikki, Victor, Jack, Lauren, etc.)......it's a soap opera!! No man or woman on this show is perfect. Just because your favorite isn't loved by everyone doesn't mean zilch. It would make for a very boring soap opera.
My next thought is WTH will happen when Phyllis leaves, who will all the Sharon lovers beat up then :shrug:
You said exactly what I've been thinking.
There are some who never see the flaws in their faves, no matter what they do, there's always an excuse. I get mad at all the characters, depending on what they've done.
I was furious with Victor when he had Billy Jailed in Burma or wherever the hell it was, I'm still pissed that he's once again going to interfere, does that suddenly make me a hater? Hell no, I love the character, just like there are people in my life that I love, but I still get mad at them when they do stupid crap, doesn't mean I hate them.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jul 8 2013, 07:10 PM
Soapwatcher
Jul 8 2013, 08:03 AM
my mother lost her 10 yr old sister over 80 years ago, she still grieves, I've grown up more with the dead than I did the living, my cousin said one time "all the family talks about is the dead" my mother answered her with "there's more dead than not", another cousin asked how old a third cousin was (who by the way is still alive) and my mother said "well she DIED oh she's still alive isn't she" (the nerve of my cousin to still be alive)so Sharon's not wrong in still mourning her dead daughter no matter whose fault it was (it was the writers!) As far as Sharon goes. nothing she does will ever be right with some people, but I suggest that we tar and feather her, hang her from the highest tree with a lynch mob still people wouldn't be satisfied because we know that's the only reason Michelle Stafford is leaving is because Sharon Case drove her out of town. Otherwise Michelle had the writers and Jill in the palm of her hands, it couldn't be because Michelle saw that the FOJ were taking over and the older females were being written less or out all together (and I include Sharon in that group) look at Nicki, Gloria, Anita (not that she is that popular anyway) Jill, they don't show them too often so I look for their roles to be whittled down until all we have is Summer, Abby, and Chelsea and of course Miss Wonderful herself Lily.
Exactly! Sharon can do no right for anybody.
and phyliss can't do anything right for some people either.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jul 8 2013, 07:15 PM
dameedna
Jul 8 2013, 12:52 PM
soapflake02
Jul 7 2013, 07:11 PM
A "hater" is somebody in the eyes of the character can do no right no matter what they do. They could be written as a saint and somebody could still find fault in it. In my opinion no matter what Sharon does she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. You never get over the loss of a child, some are just easier to deal with than others and sharon and nick are proving it was harder for them to get over. Lots of people go to graves of children telling them what they miss or telling them what they would be doing if they were still around. Why is that so crazy?
IA. My husband was killed over 20 years ago. My life has never been the same and I have not truly moved on. I have tried but I have not been successful. Even with therapy, I have not made a complete recovery from it. I can only imagine what it would be to lose a child.
I'm sorry for your lose and even though it is a soap neither nick or sharon have been right since cassie died and to simply have somebody have a problem with how somebody does or doesn't grieve is just wrong. There is nothing wrong with a character being remembered. As far as Im concerned this always bringing up a child is the only part being written realistically. Not saying to use cassie as an excuse every time they do something stupid but to need to revisit a time in your life when you were happy there is nothing wrong with that. John comes back, colleen has been mentioned late, Tracy had that heart to heart with jack the other day talking about since Colleen died nothing has been right yet nobody said anything about sharon but when it's cassie it's against the law to do that. If you don't like it don't watch it. :D
That's right, Colleen was "mentioned", we don't see pilgrimages to her grave for birthdays, anniversary of her death, Christmas, whatever, we just get a mention of her.
We don't get a mention of Jack's wife, Luan, who died, she died, and that was it, boom, see ya later, what about Brad, Ashley didn't make have heart to hearts with him after he died, neither did Victoria. What happened to the museum or whatever Victor was building in Sabrina's memory, never hear about that either.
Cassie is the only one.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 8 2013, 11:18 PM
IMO, JFP's tenure at YR is not this fu*kin' disaster that a few make it out to be. Its just boring. What are the major mistakes she's made?
I think the writing and direction is much better than it was, sure, I don't love everything on the show but, they didn't call me and ask me.
I was liking the endings they did a week or so ago, showing each character having their say all at the same time.
They've either toned down the music or I just don't hear it anymore. lol
I don't think the show is a disaster at all, and they have a lot to clean up after mad maria got through with it, can't do that overnight.

LPS
Member Avatar

queenmoe06
Jul 8 2013, 11:29 PM
2 words...nuabby
nukyle!
If that's JFP's biggest disaster on YR, then she is the Charles Dickens of TV production. Should I list MAB's endless clusterfucks that she called hirings?

nuAbby isn't a disaster. She sucks, but MR wasn't my cup of tea. The only bad hiring was nuKyle.

Beckyhomecky

Sammie Jo
Jul 6 2013, 05:38 PM
LPS
Jul 6 2013, 03:29 PM
Sammie Jo
Jul 5 2013, 02:45 PM
LPS
Jul 5 2013, 11:12 AM
Its the damn Ms. Lucky Charms. Can't stand her on YR either.

Chloe and Billy have so much chemistry.

I keep on forgetting who Abby is. Drop her.

F#ck off Kevin. You ain't the daddy. He gives me the creeps when he is around children and Chance was more of Delia's step dad.
I agree, Chloe and Billy do have a ton of chemistry, the chemistry that Vicky and billy had is just gone, she's so damn moody. I look for Chloe and Billy to get back together again.
I feel the same way about Abby, she just doesn't fit the part at all.
Who's mrs lucky charms?
Ms. Lucky Charms is Melanie. She was on GH and that was her nickname. You should YouTube her. Most hideous Irish accent ever.
ohhh, ok, thanks. ;)
You're kidding?!?! I thought this was her first acting job & she was some producer's niece!

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Jul 8 2013, 04:54 PM
Did I just see happen today what I thought I saw happen?

<Young and the Restless showing us what once made it a masterpiece of a soap opera?>

See, that's what happens when you, even for one day, sideline Dullan, Adam, Chelsea and Tyler and put your A+ actors Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, Christian Jules LeBlanc, Tracey E. Bregman and Sharon Case on the roster, you get a day like July 8, which to me, a 32 year viewer, has not seen happen in a long time.

Of course, Dullan, Lily and the rest of the snooze gang will show up in mass forces tomorrow and pretty much ruin what started out as a fantastic week.
I know and tomorrow minus J-A-C-D is looking good, too! Summer/Nick and Jack/Phyllis :shithitfan: And Sharon is waiting patiently to pick up all the pieces :popcorn:

I just think it is poor taste to throw in some :yawnz: janita/chylan during the paternity and OD scenes. Fen is going to blame Carmine for giving him the drugs and that must be when Carmine bring out his devastating news to Lauren and Michael. Is he going to threatend to go public with a video of him and Lauren :sex4: if Michael presses charges for giving Fen drugs or what will it be?????

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

celine12
Jul 8 2013, 07:47 PM
Crazygirl
Jul 7 2013, 02:03 PM
LPS
Jul 7 2013, 01:48 PM
Branco is now a nobody who is pissed Stafford is leaving.
Exactly. He's whining and complaining about the show now when it was even more horrible when MAB was running it. He's just upset because MS is leaving. He needs to go away.
Nelson seems a lot more pissed about something concerning Marco Draper (Carmine). I assume Carmine is getting killed off.

As far as JFP goes, she had the rep as a soap killer long before she came to Y&R. I love the newbies but some of the stories are very sloppily written and the writers should communicate better. One very bad move I think JFP has made is making SB the lead over MM. I like SB but IMO his character doesn't bring it the way Adam does.
Yes, bring back the Adam we all loved to hate. Adam of now days kind of tugs at my heart strings, especially when he gets around Chelsea.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Jul 9 2013, 08:38 AM
Renegade_Killerbee

<Young and the Restless showing us what once made it a masterpiece of a soap opera?>

See, that's what happens when you, even for one day, sideline Dullan, Adam, Chelsea and Tyler and put your A+ actors Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, Christian Jules LeBlanc, Tracey E. Bregman and Sharon Case on the roster, you get a day like July 8, which to me, a 32 year viewer, has not seen happen in a long time.

Of course, Dullan, Lily and the rest of the snooze gang will show up in mass forces tomorrow and pretty much ruin what started out as a fantastic week.
I know and tomorrow minus J-A-C-D is looking good, too! Summer/Nick and Jack/Phyllis :shithitfan: And Sharon is waiting patiently to pick up all the pieces :popcorn:

I just think it is poor taste to throw in some :yawnz: janita/chylan during the paternity and OD scenes. Fen is going to blame Carmine for giving him the drugs and that must be when Carmine bring out his devastating news to Lauren and Michael. Is he going to threatend to go public with a video of him and Lauren :sex4: if Michael presses charges for giving Fen drugs or what will it be?????
speaking of the drugs, where did Fen get them?
He comes in and asks Carmine, and then the next thing you know he's passed out in the back alley. So did he go get drugs and come back to the alley to do them, or are there drug dealers hanging around the back door and he purchased them there?

LPS
Member Avatar

Today's Y&R was good.

I loved Peter Bergman's scenes. His crying scenes were so real.

Hell, even Summer was not too bad. A little to pouty. And even Josh Morrow decided to get off his ass and up his game. He put a little effort in and decided to make his voice shake.

The Carmine/Lauren/Michael/Fen stuff was good.

The Anita/Chelsea/Jeffrey/Dylan shit should have been cut. No one cares.

Queen B
Member Avatar

why is all this happening on a Tuesday? what happened to Friday cliff hangers..

I think this paternity story could of been milked for a couple months longer, its a big deal for Y&R to do this story but the execution has been really shitty

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I wonder how much Stafford deciding to leave impacted the way the story was told. She only has a few weeks left (thankfully!).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

A very good day for the soaps. That's just Summers lips. Her little sister is on the new movie "white house down" and she has the same kind of lips. In fact, I thought it was Summer.
I'm glad they brought this paternity pimple to a head and got it out.The combination of Jack and Summer healing, Nick being treated like the pariah that he is.Phyllis's way to get out gracefully and then we will find out if there is another varmint that needs beating.
It was awfully nice of him to take the blame in front of Summer.
Also glad that Fen woke up fast. Not in the mood for a 3 month coma.

natdot99
Member Avatar

When Jack threw Phyliss out his out, I went :cheer: :whooohooo:
Carmine wants to play fireman to Micheal's family is a joke.
In all fairness, Phyliss/Jack/Nick could have coparent Summer together. Sorry Nick, Summer is not your daughter and you owe Jack an apology.

Superwoman
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Jul 9 2013, 08:38 AM
Renegade_Killerbee

I had the same thought about the Baldwins and Carmine... Seems like they are taking the story in that direction... So obvious... :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply