Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: July Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 30 2013, 04:26 PM (9,988 Views)
trojangal
Member Avatar

I don't think Emma is too old for dolls
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 7 2013, 04:59 PM
natdot99
Jul 7 2013, 04:48 PM
IMO Patrick and Robin raised Emma correctly. It's very understandable she doesn't like Britt, and isn't ready for a baby sibling, especially from the same woman that was mean to her. And, Emma isn't too old to have a toy doll.

No they did not raise Emma correctly. Emma is a child and needs to be around children her own age, not around the adults who thinks what she does and say is always right. Emma is growing up to be a drama queen just like her parents want her to be. :shrug:
I totally disagree with this. The adults in Emma's life don't think everything she says and does is right. Even Sabrina talked with her abt loving the new baby
and being nicer to Britt.

Emma is a child dealing with a great loss. It's understandable she would have moments of being a "drama queen." However, the adults are supportive, attempting to love her through the difficulty.

No they are not being supportive but they are her enablers. Emma didn't like the doll when Felicia and Mac gave it to her and when Sabrina showed up, she suddenly like the doll. If they were being supportive of Emma then they would put her with other children. Emma is being taught to be a master manipulator because every temper tantrums she throws, the adults cave into her. That not establishing a healthy, supportive system for Emma.

trojangal
Jul 7 2013, 11:31 PM

Different strokes for different folks, i guess. The girls on my street play outside, ride their bikes, and do things children their age do and their parents are house. Emma needs to play with other children her own age.
Edited by natdot99, Jul 8 2013, 11:40 AM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jul 7 2013, 11:31 PM
She's like 5 or 6, and little girls are really into dolls at that age. Too old? Hardly.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Umm I didn't stop playin with my Barbie till I was 12 :$ 5/6 isn't too old imo

Gh was boring once again :flipoff:

natdot99
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jul 8 2013, 07:18 PM
Umm I didn't stop playin with my Barbie till I was 12 :$ 5/6 isn't too old imo

Gh was boring once again :flipoff:

:hail: :hail:
I spent 99.99% of the time trying to stay awake.

Nate
Member Avatar

The fact that this Emma/doll thing is even a discussion...

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

This Brad blackmail thing is so beyond stupid. All Michael has to do is tell Monica about it and Brad's ass is fired!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Brad is obnoxious.Why does he care?
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 9 2013, 10:41 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I am just not finding GH to be enjoyable any more. I don't like most all of the storylines happening right now.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Sonny and Shawn more than Franco, but I do. That beat-down today was not enjoyable viewing. It just made me think that Shawn must be one of the most pathetic and wretched men on the planet to walk away from a woman like Alexis for the joy of beating the crap out of people/possibly killing them for a paycheck and to get the occasional "atta boy" from Sonny. I'm glad Alexis caught the tail end of that fight. If she decides to get back with Shawn I'll have to write her off as pathetic and wretched too.

I'm sick of the aggrandizement that these mob characters receive on GH. What Alexis said to Shawn the other day was as truthful as it gets - Sonny doesn't do the shit he does for any noble purpose. He does it in pursuit of money, period, point blank. How this behavior is charismatic and alluring to anyone is beyond me.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Also, Michael and Kiki kissing was gross. They're probably not actually related, but they don't know that yet. Brad is just a worthless, empty, sleazy character and huge discredit to gay characters, of which there are precious few in daytime. He makes me feel like Britt, Sabrina and Felix are full of nuance.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

And on the mob front - what a douche canoe Sonny is, getting Franco's blood all over the living quarters Morgan put so much effort into putting together for Kiki. But Sonny doesn't really give a shit about Morgan anyway. He doesn't give a shit about anyone he "loves" until he has an excuse to issue threats or commit acts of violence supposedly in their defense (his real passions).

natdot99
Member Avatar

I am glad that Britt wiped the floor with Sabrina and Patrick. I agree with one writer that ever since Pat/Sab hooked up, they seem to think that their better than everyone else and they treat her like dirt.
Micheal, all you had to do the first time to shut down Brad was mentioned your grandmother name and he would have kept his mouth shut.
Team Britt/Nik all the way. :wub:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Blackmailing your Boss' grandson,STUPID.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Really Brad,Ew,blackmailing someone into sex,well I hope Sonny kicks your ass one day.He makes gay men look bad.

Dear god,please tell me they won't try to put Nicholas and the Britch together.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 10 2013, 08:36 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jul 10 2013, 08:30 PM
Really Brad,Ew,blackmailing someone into sex,well I hope Sonny kicks your ass one day.He makes gay men look bad.

Dear god,please tell me they won't try to put Nicholas and the Britch together.

Brad was even checking out Nik :yuk:

Nik needs a real woman, not a waffler like Liz. She moved on with AJ and cannot keep Nik on a leash.
Britt is not a waffler because she loves one man only.
The love story between Britt/Nick would be much believable than the Cinderalla story that consumed GH for nearly a year, :whistling:

LPS
Member Avatar

While I don't care for Brad blackmailing Michael for sex, it came across real pervy, but I don't get how Brad being gay should matter.

Should all gay men be little saints with no flaws or who do nothing but befriend and listen to Sabrina whine? I hate how a majority of soap writers portray all minorities as these one-dimensional, do-gooders. Its unrealistic. Being a vixen or schemer can be challenging to play and usually those characters are the most dynamic characters. Dark characters are a staple in soaps.

For example, I love that Tika Sumpter is playing a dirty little schemer on The Haves and the Have Nots. Its refreshing. She was a bore as the sweet Layla on OLTL.
Edited by LPS, Jul 11 2013, 01:21 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well since Michael overheard Brad and Dr.Whacko maybe he won't get his way.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 11 2013, 01:18 AM
While I don't care for Brad blackmailing Michael for sex, it came across real pervy, but I don't get how Brad being gay should matter.

Should all gay men be little saints with no flaws or who do nothing but befriend and listen to Sabrina whine? I hate how a majority of soap writers portray all minorities as these one-dimensional, do-gooders. Its unrealistic.

I think it was offensive to have Brad blackmail a rape victim. It was played for laughs, but that was disgusting. So was the cousins (for now) kissing. The outrage wasn't about how gay men should be portrayed as saints, but that Brad's blackmail of Michael crossed the line. I would have been disgusted, even if the person who was blackmailing Michael was a woman.

I am liking Nik/Britt! They have good chemistry. :wub2:

I really can't stand Sabrina. She's so annoying. I'm glad Britt told her off.

LPS
Member Avatar

If you read the previous posts, it was said Brad was a "discredit to gay characters". So if he was straight, it would be acceptable?

A lot of the outrage has been the fact Brad is gay and not that he blackmailed a rape victim. IMO, it is a soap and these type of storylines are common, so I'm not outraged.
Edited by LPS, Jul 11 2013, 11:33 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply