Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 7/1
Topic Started: Jul 1 2013, 02:32 AM (13,930 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, if I can get college credit, I'll rethink it, since a 3 hour class for me is about $2000..... :D . But that's OK. Allison doesn't have to put out for me. I'll pass. James......naw. I'll just look at him. I love my imagination............. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

To answer Lysie, nobody can pledge on anything now. It's over. Ejami will not be going out to dinner.....unless they go with the "Days stars" listed in the other package.

I did spend $250 on this thing. Lol. It sounds ridiculous but I really want an autographed script from the cast and they NEVER bring their tours to my area.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

james0479
Jul 8 2013, 07:43 AM
I did spend $250 on this thing. Lol. It sounds ridiculous but I really want an autographed script from the cast and they NEVER bring their tours to my area.
That's what I opted for as well. We should compare notes to see if we receive the same script and autographs.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I found it rather vain that Ali and James thought THAT highly of themselves to have put a 6K price on their stuff. At the very least, match to the highest dinner package (which was 3K and got pledges for that much)....

james0479
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 8 2013, 07:56 AM
james0479
That's what I opted for as well. We should compare notes to see if we receive the same script and autographs.
Ah that's really cool!!! Feel free to PM me or something when you get yours and I'll do the same!! I'm really hoping for a few specific signatures. I'll lose my shit if I get Blake, Eileen, ARI!!! Lol. It's fun

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jul 7 2013, 02:27 PM
OliveAnn
Jul 7 2013, 01:44 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 7 2013, 01:35 PM
OliveAnn
Jul 7 2013, 01:31 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://t.co/8hRX4Az6IB
View media

Chandler Massey @ChandlerMassey
Also, price of #EJAMI dinner is greatly reduced :D #thesteaksnotgonnaeatitself
https://twitter.com/ChandlerMassey/status/353868123641872385
:unsure: What? Pay for her hotel room?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRYSTAL-CHAPPELL-HOT-AS-HELL-Room-Sponsorship-/261240154011
What? She wants someone to pay for her hotel room, and in exchange, she'll call them and say thanks?????

I can't imagine any situation or any celebrity wherein I would do this. She should pay for her own damn hotel room.

The more I see of CC, the more I'm thinking those "personal problems" she admitted to when she was first on DAYS... Aren't so much past as they are present. This is a small thing on the list.

The price of the Ejami dinner is greatly reduced. Thought they said it was a "COUP" when it was first listed? Couldn't sell it, huh? I wouldn't pay that much to have dinner with the DHs even at my fan-girl-iest. Maybe if I could split it with a group of like 20 people. And if they made it a charity thing. I remember someone paid like $4000 for lunch with Deidre a few years ago, but that was a charity thing and they could invite a couple of friends.

camera shy

Who picks up the check at this dinner thing? And if it's the fan, then the stars better order the lowest things on the menu.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Jul 8 2013, 09:34 AM
Who picks up the check at this dinner thing? And if it's the fan, then the stars better order the lowest things on the menu.
The dinner is usually paid for out of the money that was bid for it.

I definitely wouldn't pay that kind of money for a dinner (or anything else) with any celebrity but I've certainly seen evidence of fans that do and do it pretty consistently. The precedent has been set in the past but the setting tends to be a bit different. I think it's easier to get people to open their wallets when they are caught up 'in the moment' - at fan events where they are auctioning items or things like that. Just posting bids over the internet doesn't have the same drama or excitement - it just sort of is what it is. I suspect if they'd have offered the EJami dinner in a different sort of setting they'd have received a different response.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 8 2013, 07:57 AM
I found it rather vain that Ali and James thought THAT highly of themselves to have put a 6K price on their stuff. At the very least, match to the highest dinner package (which was 3K and got pledges for that much)....
Hey, I'm all for bagging on the Days cast for the dumb shit they do, but how do we even know that it was AS/JS that priced it that way? It easily could've been CM/CD or whoever is organizing this Kickstarter deal for them that hoped/thought the dinner might be able to fetch that ridiculous amount.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

soapgal
Jul 7 2013, 11:19 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 7 2013, 02:49 PM
Panda Panda
Jul 7 2013, 02:40 PM
That seems pretty suspect. Anyone know if the "seller" of that auction is a real account and not just someone looking extra dough?

I just noticed there's a listing for Kirsten Vangsness as well. This is s weird.
it's real. there's a "Hot as Hell" event happening some time this summer where a bunch of actors from webseries like Pretty, The Inn, Venice, etc. will be. the eBay auction was set up, as far as it appears, by the guy that's running the event - Steve someone or other. I've seen retweeted tweets about the event & sponsoring the hotel rooms in my twitter feed.

HotAsHellEvent: Sponsor Crystal Chappell's room at HOT AS HELL - and she'll call you to say THANKS: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261240154011
https://twitter.com/HotAsHellEvent/status/352469382292709378

Wonder if I post my electric bill on eBay if I will get any bidders. I could title it "Will be hot as hell without A/C if my electric isn't paid."
if you marketed it as a celeb's electric bill, you probably could.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Jul 8 2013, 10:25 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 8 2013, 07:57 AM
Hey, I'm all for bagging on the Days cast for the dumb shit they do, but how do we even know that it was AS/JS that priced it that way? It easily could've been CM/CD or whoever is organizing this Kickstarter deal for them that hoped/thought the dinner might be able to fetch that ridiculous amount.
Sure we don't know the specifics, but whoever did it had to get the specifics about JS/AS from somewhere right? Heck even the wording..."Days biggest stars" and all seemed to make these two more important than anything else happening for this campaign......but if they (CM/CD) were the ones that did it then it's even worse...lol.....or the years of trying to push the JS and AS as the best thing on this show is really having an affect on the rest of the cast....the fact that CM didn't think to put him and Freddie at 6K is what's more puzzling to me....at this point in time IMHO, I'd say the popularity of Wilson and their base far surpasses any other fanbase popularity on the show at the moment and they are getting tons of story and have been getting it consistently this year. IDK, it just seems that whether it was JS/AS who decided the price tag or not the fact that ANYONE would think that they are worth 6K and others aren't is just crazy.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 8 2013, 10:43 AM.

soapgal
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 8 2013, 07:56 AM
james0479

FYI for you guys there are scripts for sale on eBay pretty often. Not sure which episodes or which cast member signed. Just thought I would let you know. I have one from GH that I won at a fan event :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply