Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn removed from credits as of 7/2; 7/8 UPDATE: Drake absent for third time...7/10 is new week of credits
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 02:14 PM (9,697 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Drake Hogestyn (John) was quietly removed from the credits today, signaling that he is no longer on contract. As in the past, this could just be an one-day error, but highly unlikely. We'll see later tonight if he still remains in the SoapNet credits or not. Hogestyn still has at least one airdate remaining this month since he posted that he taped on March 18.

DRAKE HOGESTYN CREDITS UPDATE: MISSING FROM SOAPNET AIRING TOO

SoapNet, which sometimes will have slightly different credits than the NBC credits (since NBC's are typed up by someone else to fit in the black box on the bottom of the screen), also did not list Drake in the cast list today. Next update will be on Thursday afternoon, when the cast credits air again.

DRAKE HOGESTYN CREDITS WATCH: DAY 2:

Drake Hogestyn was again absent from NBC's cast credits on July 4. He should be listed right after Deidre Hall, but is not.

Posted Image

DRAKE HOGESTYN CREDITS WATCH: DAY 3: JULY 8

Drake was again not listed in the credits today. Although this is a Monday, this episode was supposed to air on Friday 7/5 (due to a preemption), so this first round of Drake-less credits is just the first week he has been missing (7/2, 7/5 and 7/8). The next "new" set of cast credits will air this Wednesday, July 10.
Edited by Jason47, Jul 8 2013, 01:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

I am getting the feeling that he's gone for good. At first I thought that his situation and BD's was similar. They were both bumped to recurring around the same time in March....however, BD is still taping every month, albeit just a few episodes but Drake hasn't been back since March 18 and SOD backtracked on their claim that he was back....so IMHO I just think Drake was fired, and I fear that his write off will be just like Bo's....if they were smart they'd write that he went off to help Bo with an assignment, and then the show should really 'kill' both of them off canvas and have a memorial on screen for them.....that way it gives some awesome scenes to DH and KA and it can open up stories for both women aside from the men.

Jason47
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 2 2013, 02:25 PM
I am getting the feeling that he's gone for good. At first I thought that his situation and BD's was similar. They were both bumped to recurring around the same time in March....however, BD is still taping every month, albeit just a few episodes but Drake hasn't been back since March 18 and SOD backtracked on their claim that he was back....so IMHO I just think Drake was fired, and I fear that his write off will be just like Bo's....if they were smart they'd write that he went off to help Bo with an assignment, and then the show should really 'kill' both of them off canvas and have a memorial on screen for them.....that way it gives some awesome scenes to DH and KA and it can open up stories for both women aside from the men.
Bryan is still listed in the contract credits though. In fact, it was Dee/Drake/Bryan in that order for the past few months, but as of today, it is now Dee, then Bryan.
Edited by Jason47, Jul 2 2013, 02:28 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Never liked him, won't ever miss him and I hope he never comes back.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I really wish that Days would clarify Drake's status once and for all.

lysie
Member Avatar

I really wish they'd just learn to write an exit story.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JDeveraux_91
Jul 2 2013, 02:32 PM
I really wish that Days would clarify Drake's status once and for all.
I agree. I think Drake was fired and it's a major sh!t storm about it on the set, that's why they haven't made an official announcement yet.
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 2 2013, 02:44 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Does one day errors happen a lot? I honestly don't know.

For me, this go around of Drake hasn't been his best. I know this will sound bad but I had always hoped that he would have stayed "dead" when he died the last time. I always thought that those scenes with all of the actors involved was written and acted so well.I thought that that was fitting for a character like John and it opened so many storylines for the character of Marlena.

I still feel bad for him and his fans. If this is the way he's going off the show, it's pretty lousy.
Edited by talbab1994, Jul 2 2013, 02:45 PM.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Say he tapes in August, that would mean that we wouldn't see him until December? At this rate we won't see him until next year at the earliest. Could they honesty have Bo and John gone and continue the storylines they're attached to without them? They're having enough trouble explaining Bo's absence. They want to do that with John?

Maybe this is why they're having Marlena involved with Roman a lot more? What's the point of that though? If they can hang onto that character, a character that they've barely used in a couple of years now, why not just hang onto Drake? Odd.

About a major shitstorm on set -- what do you mean?
Edited by Graceland, Jul 2 2013, 02:45 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

a major shit storm on set-- what do you mean?

Drake hasn't concealed his feelings regarding the storyline, he's obviously mad as hell abt it, and if he has been fired, it's not only a major shake-up
but the cast are disgruntled and angry as well.

TPTB at Days need to stop treating vets like crapola on the bottom of their shoes! Damn. If they don't get it together it may kill the show.

Edited by bellajewel, Jul 2 2013, 02:59 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Wow. That's just cold! Let the man leave with a little dignity.

jules

MissLola
Jul 2 2013, 02:53 PM
My thoughts exactly. No respect or even an attempt at a decent goodbye :( I've lost whatever little interest I had for the show. Apparently the return of Kristen was John's exit SL. I really am at a loss for the way this shows handles things.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

It could be error they plan removing Bryan name and they remove drake instead the names are close to eachother

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

jules
Jul 2 2013, 02:58 PM
MissLola
My thoughts exactly. No respect or even an attempt at a decent goodbye :( I've lost whatever little interest I had for the show. Apparently the return of Kristen was John's exit SL. I really am at a loss for the way this shows handles things.
I'm angry about this, too. I may stop watching the show now.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 2 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:

Drake hasn't concealed his feelings regarding the storyline, he's obviously mad as hell abt it, and if he has been fired, it's not only a major shake-up
One person fired does not equal a major shake-up.

But how do you know the entire cast are disgruntled? I saw Dher comment on FB about SOD but that's about all I saw. Can you post some links please, I'd be very interested to see the comments other cast members made. Tx

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Southofsoap
Jul 2 2013, 03:02 PM
Classic
Jul 2 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:

One person fired does not equal a major shake-up.

But how do you know the entire cast are disgruntled? I saw Dher comment on FB about SOD but that's about all I saw. Can you post some links please, I'd be very interested to see the comments other cast members made. Tx
If DH is fired it's a major shakeup, especially for Jarlena, IMO. He has many fans
the cast and crew love him, too.
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 2 2013, 03:36 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Partnersincrime
Jul 2 2013, 03:01 PM
It could be error they plan removing Bryan name and they remove drake instead the names are close to eachother
they wouldn't just remove the names altogether though, right? Would the ones that were bumped to recurring appear after the contract cast? If he didn't even appear period then it's less likely an error.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I have mixed emotions about this. I'll admit I've never been a big John fan, but given his history and the popularity of Jarlena, the character and his fans certainly deserve better. On the other hand, I like Marlena so much better without John and I thought DHim did a pretty horrible job this go round, so I can see why they decided to write him out. He should've just stayed dead in 2007 because that was actually a decent exit.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

MissLola
Yeah, with his head held high. . . and slightly tilted to the left. . . .

Jason47
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jul 2 2013, 02:43 PM
Does one day errors happen a lot? I honestly don't know.
No, I just wanted to cover myself in case it was an error on the part of the "Days" credits...but, no, I doubt it's an error. A name just doesn't disappear from the credits out of the blue usually. In the 1990's they went through a "many spelling errors" phase, even with the most senior of cast members...sometimes listing Frances Reid as FRANCIS, or Peggy McCay as McKAY or Joe Mascolo as MOSCOLO. But, they've been pretty good with the credits in recent years. Nowadays they probably don't type them out each time, it's probably a set list and they just make changes to it when needed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply