Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn removed from credits as of 7/2; 7/8 UPDATE: Drake absent for third time...7/10 is new week of credits
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 02:14 PM (9,701 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

anya
Jul 3 2013, 03:51 PM
lysie
Jul 3 2013, 01:03 PM
anya
Jul 3 2013, 12:53 PM
Manny
Jul 3 2013, 03:41 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Agree with both points. Had to throw in that when DAYS was included as a storyline for Joey on Friends, when he talked about "smell the fart" acting I thought of Drake.
I'm like 98% positive that's who they were referencing and I think Drake has even mentioned it. He has said that he couldn't guest on Friends because his name is Drake...which really made no sense but whatever.
Yep, it makes zero sense since AS appeared on Friends as "Jessica Ashley". Twice.
Yeah. But Drake Ramoray's character wasn't named Alison.

Meanwhile, twice? I know Friends pretty well and I've only seen her once.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jul 3 2013, 03:01 PM
lysie
Jul 3 2013, 02:45 PM
Southofsoap
Jul 3 2013, 02:34 PM
The Room Stops
Jul 3 2013, 11:36 AM

How old is Jed Allen now? Isn't he too old for Marlena now, not to sound ageist, but...
The age difference hasn't changed. ;)
lol, but based on purely physical appearances, there were about 10-15 years where DHer seemed never to age, whereas JA seemed to be ahead of the ageing curve
Marlena was always a lot younger than Don, though. He even called her "kiddo" as a term of endearment (or rather, just a nickname when they were bickering before dating, and then as a term of endearment). They do look too far apart in age, IMO. I just really want him back to be her buddy again.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 3 2013, 04:23 PM
The Room Stops
Jul 3 2013, 11:36 AM
JarlenaLante
Jul 3 2013, 07:47 AM
I'll admit to having some issues with Carlivati's GH, but at least Ron wrote exit stories for Jason and Robin when the actors left, and he wrote a beautiful last scene for John Ingle's Edward Q and devoted almost a whole episode at Thanksgiving as a tribute to him. Not only are they being more than a bit disrespectful to the legendary characters of John and Bo, but they are missing SO MANY golden opportunities for future stories. I still get choked up watching John "die" after being hit by a car and his funeral eulogies. And can you imagine if John and Bo were to be somehow "killed" by some DiMera plot/or other enemy? That could open up years of story line potential and you could bring Shawn-D, Belle, Claire, and Chelsea back on canvas to deal with the aftermath. I would also like to see the impact of losing his father on Brady, with him either trying to be good as a tribute to his father or going very dark. It's frustrating how we at DR can come up with more compelling drama than what is currently on TV.

Oh, and could we get Don Craig back as Chief of Staff at University Hospital? I'd rather watch Marlena move on with him than Winston. Speaking of missing the boat, it would be interesting to see Hope and Marlena cope with the loss of their soulmates. They could either move on to other loves or stay single like Alice did after Tom died.
Don's a lawyer. Bring him back to do Sami's case.

Quote:

Marlena's noticed, and Deidre, to her credit, is playing it as Marlena getting choked up every time she mentions John's name. I don't think anyone else has noticed. As Jason47 has said, Drake tweeted that March 18th was his last tape date, so that means we will see him sometime in July.

Unless they just cut those scenes. They probably aren't scenes with any substance anyway.
Whoops! Can't believe I got the profession wrong on this. Must have been a Freudian slip as I was also thinking about the great chemistry between Deidre and Kevin Spiratus. As there is zero chemistry between Marlena and Winston I was trying to think of other characters who would be a more viable love interest for her.
I thought she had great chemistry with Kevin (and they both really loved their scenes together), but I didn't really find it to be a romantic kind of chemistry. More like with her and Eugene.

anya
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 3 2013, 04:38 PM
anya
lysie
anya
Jul 3 2013, 12:53 PM

I'm like 98% positive that's who they were referencing and I think Drake has even mentioned it. He has said that he couldn't guest on Friends because his name is Drake...which really made no sense but whatever.
Yep, it makes zero sense since AS appeared on Friends as "Jessica Ashley". Twice.

The one with Joey's Award and The one with Ross & Rachel's Cousin ;)

Cherianne

The Room Stops
Jul 3 2013, 05:33 PM
Southofsoap
Jul 3 2013, 03:01 PM
lysie
Jul 3 2013, 02:45 PM
Southofsoap
Jul 3 2013, 02:34 PM

The age difference hasn't changed. ;)
lol, but based on purely physical appearances, there were about 10-15 years where DHer seemed never to age, whereas JA seemed to be ahead of the ageing curve
Marlena was always a lot younger than Don, though. He even called her "kiddo" as a term of endearment (or rather, just a nickname when they were bickering before dating, and then as a term of endearment). They do look too far apart in age, IMO. I just really want him back to be her buddy again.
I think if they dyed his hair, leaving maybe silver temples or something, he'd look young enough for DHer. I always liked him.

However, I'd much rather they figured out a way to get John back on track and had him win his "Doc" back.

Maybe he has a brain tumor?

lysie
Member Avatar

anya
Jul 3 2013, 05:40 PM
lysie
anya
lysie

Believe me, I"m going to check, but I don't think she's in the one with Ross and Monica's Cousin. I see that it lists that on imdb, but I really don't think that's right.

anya
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 3 2013, 08:20 PM
anya
lysie
anya

Believe me, I"m going to check, but I don't think she's in the one with Ross and Monica's Cousin. I see that it lists that on imdb, but I really don't think that's right.
You're right. When I saw 2 episodes on IMDB, I was thinking that the "cousin" episode must have been the one where they partied with soap stars. Ends up she did not appear in the party episode.

lysie
Member Avatar

anya
Jul 3 2013, 09:23 PM
lysie
Jul 3 2013, 08:20 PM
anya
lysie

You're right. When I saw 2 episodes on IMDB, I was thinking that the "cousin" episode must have been the one where they partied with soap stars. Ends up she did not appear in the party episode.
Ha! Good. I knew I'd never seen her in any but the one, and since that's the one where Monica and Joey are making him a fake penis, I didn't think it included any Days people. She's not in the soap opera party one either. I don't know how they made that mistake.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ehh I would never want to see Marlena with Roman, either JT OR WN. WN has NOT aged well. I mean seriously the man looks like a Shar Pei puppy!!! And after that whole Alex North mess, just no lol!

I would rather she hooked up with Victor lmao. :P

chinkybig

Tammy
Jul 3 2013, 10:24 PM
Ehh I would never want to see Marlena with Roman, either JT OR WN. WN has NOT aged well. I mean seriously the man looks like a Shar Pei puppy!!! And after that whole Alex North mess, just no lol!

Ahhhh....so hypothetically, from Brady's stepmother, Marlena becomes Brady's step-GRANDmother? :x No, thanks. :blulaugh:

King
Member Avatar

It's John Black. He'll never be gone for good!

Tammy
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Jul 3 2013, 10:47 PM
Tammy

Ahhhh....so hypothetically, from Brady's stepmother, Marlena becomes Brady's step-GRANDmother? :x No, thanks. :blulaugh:
Yeah, well, I didn't really give that much thought lmao. Point is I don't want to see Marlena with any incarnation of Roman lol. :P

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Apart from a brain tumor explaining John's inexplicable behavior as of late, it would be an interesting twist if instead of that, he was suffering some kind of aftereffect of all the tampering Stefano has done with his brain/memory/identity. He brainwashed John into being a fake priest to steal art with real Princess Gina, then had him believing he was Roman Brady for all those years, then wiped all his memories after the car accident in 2007. Not that I ever want to hear the phrase "brain chip" on this show again, but it would kind of make sense if his personality were to slowly unravel over time as an effect of all the memory manipulations over the years.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Tammy

Hey! Be nice to Shar-Pei's - we had one & Winston was one of the greatest dogs just ever!!

Back to topic: I could totally get behind Don Craig coming back to Salem as a friend for Marlena. Her with Roman...ick. Besides, Don wouldn't put up with any of Johns BS - he always loved his "kiddo" and even after they were divorced was very protective of her. Besides, Don was also involved with MHaggie back in the day...he & Victor butting heads could be some good stuff!!
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 4 2013, 02:06 PM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 4 2013, 10:06 AM
Apart from a brain tumor explaining John's inexplicable behavior as of late, it would be an interesting twist if instead of that, he was suffering some kind of aftereffect of all the tampering Stefano has done with his brain/memory/identity. He brainwashed John into being a fake priest to steal art with real Princess Gina, then had him believing he was Roman Brady for all those years, then wiped all his memories after the car accident in 2007. Not that I ever want to hear the phrase "brain chip" on this show again, but it would kind of make sense if his personality were to slowly unravel over time as an effect of all the memory manipulations over the years.
And then give him a FULL body scan, head to toe, and remove any more chips/implants/whatevers to eliminate 100% the remotest possibility of him turning into a raging douchebag EVER again. Then have him & Doc get re-married & become the foundation couple of Salem. :cheers:
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 4 2013, 02:09 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

DRAKE HOGESTYN CREDITS WATCH: DAY 2:

Drake Hogestyn was again absent from NBC's cast credits on July 4. He should be listed right after Deidre Hall, but is not.

Posted Image

Marlene

Given that Bryan is still listed with the contract cast, it would seem that Drake was dropped to recurring (or worse) before Bryan was. Sad.

Kaycee

Manny
Bright Eyes
Jul 2 2013, 02:32 PM
Never liked him, won't ever miss him and I hope he never comes back.

Never liked him either. Always shocked by how many fans he had, because Drake is such a bad actor in my opinion. Whenever someone makes fun of acting on soaps, I think of Drake Hogestyn. So I won't miss him.

But...

lysie
Jul 2 2013, 02:36 PM
I really wish they'd just learn to write an exit story.

I do agree with this. As much as I don't like him, John is a huge part of Days of Our Lives and therefore should have a big send off, if he was fired. Not using these big exits (Reckell, Hogestyn) for some big events/stories is just stupid. I don't get it... Bad choices by the writers on those exits.

Well. You both may not LIKE him, and may not MISS him.. But your in the Minority..For every 1 person who isnt a fan.. he has probably 20+ who are
I Dont like some characters too, But any Vet deserves an exit story.. However Couples deserve more than Just an Exit, Like here today..Gone tomorrow.. POWER Couples deserve even More, It should Have a strong story base, And should never compromise the Couples History.. So Far The writers have DESTROYED Almost every couple the fan bases have come to love. Some of the very best story lines from the past 3 decades have been with Jarlena. Bope, Kayla&Steve, and JACK&Jenn and Lumi...To a lesser degree Ejami, Ejole, Safe....And they should NEVER force a couple as in the Despised *Dannifer* EJ/Taylor Etc....They want to shove the Matriarch positions down our throat thru Maggie and Victor. A VERY unlikely couple, She has clipped his Ball's and thats shame He is Nothing like the Victor I cme to enjoy.... Same with Stephano.. And they write EJ as a total Wimp.. I have no CLUE how they won that Emmy .. I truly dont Dannifer is despised. Ther is no exciting Love story or action.. We ofcourse Hate that John was written totally ooc, and then made to vanish. They REFUSE to write romance for the most romantic couple ever, Since they returned they made love 1 time only in 2011 (One of the most acclaimed romantic episodes in years) Cab delight, Strawberries, and a sexy Love Scene.. Frankly I prefer their lovemaking over any other couple on screen.. Others look raunchy, while J&M look romantic..
But my point is.. The writers ignored opportunities to write for them.. And Drake is attached to his character,so Im sure he despised the way he was written so OOC.. Regardless.. They are just ONE victim of the writers.. ALL Super Couples have been destroyed or tarnished...
And now they dont even show enough respect to write a decent, or ANY exit for Him,.. These writers have NOTHING to be proud of.. Again, I think the Emmy was a FLUKE ****
Just how I feel

Manny
Member Avatar

Kaycee
Jul 4 2013, 09:44 PM
Manny
Bright Eyes
Jul 2 2013, 02:32 PM
Never liked him, won't ever miss him and I hope he never comes back.

Never liked him either. Always shocked by how many fans he had, because Drake is such a bad actor in my opinion. Whenever someone makes fun of acting on soaps, I think of Drake Hogestyn. So I won't miss him.

But...

lysie
Jul 2 2013, 02:36 PM
I really wish they'd just learn to write an exit story.

I do agree with this. As much as I don't like him, John is a huge part of Days of Our Lives and therefore should have a big send off, if he was fired. Not using these big exits (Reckell, Hogestyn) for some big events/stories is just stupid. I don't get it... Bad choices by the writers on those exits.

Well. You both may not LIKE him, and may not MISS him.. But your in the Minority..For every 1 person who isnt a fan.. he has probably 20+ who are
I Dont like some characters too, But any Vet deserves an exit story.. However Couples deserve more than Just an Exit, Like here today..Gone tomorrow.. POWER Couples deserve even More, It should Have a strong story base, And should never compromise the Couples History.. So Far The writers have DESTROYED Almost every couple the fan bases have come to love. Some of the very best story lines from the past 3 decades have been with Jarlena. Bope, Kayla&Steve, and JACK&Jenn and Lumi...To a lesser degree Ejami, Ejole, Safe....And they should NEVER force a couple as in the Despised *Dannifer* EJ/Taylor Etc....They want to shove the Matriarch positions down our throat thru Maggie and Victor. A VERY unlikely couple, She has clipped his Ball's and thats shame He is Nothing like the Victor I cme to enjoy.... Same with Stephano.. And they write EJ as a total Wimp.. I have no CLUE how they won that Emmy .. I truly dont Dannifer is despised. Ther is no exciting Love story or action.. We ofcourse Hate that John was written totally ooc, and then made to vanish. They REFUSE to write romance for the most romantic couple ever, Since they returned they made love 1 time only in 2011 (One of the most acclaimed romantic episodes in years) Cab delight, Strawberries, and a sexy Love Scene.. Frankly I prefer their lovemaking over any other couple on screen.. Others look raunchy, while J&M look romantic..
But my point is.. The writers ignored opportunities to write for them.. And Drake is attached to his character,so Im sure he despised the way he was written so OOC.. Regardless.. They are just ONE victim of the writers.. ALL Super Couples have been destroyed or tarnished...
And now they dont even show enough respect to write a decent, or ANY exit for Him,.. These writers have NOTHING to be proud of.. Again, I think the Emmy was a FLUKE ****
Just how I feel
Sure. Never said that Drake/John doesn't habe fans or that I was in majority group.
I know he has a huge following (which is baffling to me, but okay.. ). So don't take it personally. It was just my opinion. ;)

And I don't agree with you that vets HAVE to have stories. And that powercouples HAVE to have stories.

Not every vets is a good vet and not every powercouple is interesting. So yeah..
Edited by Manny, Jul 5 2013, 03:52 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jul 4 2013, 04:32 PM
Given that Bryan is still listed with the contract cast, it would seem that Drake was dropped to recurring (or worse) before Bryan was. Sad.
I think Bryan drop to recurring before drake but not official legal wise drake contract was until July 2013 while Bryan should have been until December 2013

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply