Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn removed from credits as of 7/2; 7/8 UPDATE: Drake absent for third time...7/10 is new week of credits
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 02:14 PM (9,674 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Per SON, Drake's last episode will be Wednesday July 17!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peanut

I like John, so I'll be somewhat disappointed if he leaves completely. But as long as they keep Hope and Marlena on, I can deal with John leaving. I do wish that they would at least write an actual exit story for him though. I think that Drake deserves it...

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Not upset at this exit at all. His return did nothing for me. As long as Marlena stays, I'm happy!

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I don't mind the character of John; but Drake is a horrible actor. As such, I don't care if John is recast or if he is sent away from Salem.

Tammy
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 6 2013, 05:37 PM
I don't mind the character of John; but Drake is a horrible actor. As such, I don't care if John is recast or if he is sent away from Salem.
I highly doubt they would ever recast John... just as I don't think they would ever recast Bo. I would rather think that both characters are roaming the planet aimlessly then to see them recast lol.

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

This is totally DISGUSTING.

Completely destroy John & Marlena, send John off for months, then give him the boot...LIKE THIS?

John & Marlena deserve better. Drake Hogestyn deserves better. The fans deserve better.

I'm done with this show.

Jason47
Member Avatar

DRAKE HOGESTYN CREDITS WATCH: DAY 3: JULY 8

Drake was again not listed in the credits today. Although this is a Monday, this episode was supposed to air on Friday 7/5 (due to a preemption), so this first round of Drake-less credits is just the first week he has been missing (7/2, 7/5 and 7/8). The next "new" set of cast credits will air this Wednesday, July 10.

Kaycee

Manny
Jul 5 2013, 03:50 AM
Kaycee
Jul 4 2013, 09:44 PM
Manny
Jul 3 2013, 03:41 AM
Bright Eyes
Jul 2 2013, 02:32 PM
Never liked him, won't ever miss him and I hope he never comes back.

Never liked him either. Always shocked by how many fans he had, because Drake is such a bad actor in my opinion. Whenever someone makes fun of acting on soaps, I think of Drake Hogestyn. So I won't miss him.

But...

lysie
Jul 2 2013, 02:36 PM
I really wish they'd just learn to write an exit story.

I do agree with this. As much as I don't like him, John is a huge part of Days of Our Lives and therefore should have a big send off, if he was fired. Not using these big exits (Reckell, Hogestyn) for some big events/stories is just stupid. I don't get it... Bad choices by the writers on those exits.

Well. You both may not LIKE him, and may not MISS him.. But your in the Minority..For every 1 person who isnt a fan.. he has probably 20+ who are
I Dont like some characters too, But any Vet deserves an exit story.. However Couples deserve more than Just an Exit, Like here today..Gone tomorrow.. POWER Couples deserve even More, It should Have a strong story base, And should never compromise the Couples History.. So Far The writers have DESTROYED Almost every couple the fan bases have come to love. Some of the very best story lines from the past 3 decades have been with Jarlena. Bope, Kayla&Steve, and JACK&Jenn and Lumi...To a lesser degree Ejami, Ejole, Safe....And they should NEVER force a couple as in the Despised *Dannifer* EJ/Taylor Etc....They want to shove the Matriarch positions down our throat thru Maggie and Victor. A VERY unlikely couple, She has clipped his Ball's and thats shame He is Nothing like the Victor I cme to enjoy.... Same with Stephano.. And they write EJ as a total Wimp.. I have no CLUE how they won that Emmy .. I truly dont Dannifer is despised. Ther is no exciting Love story or action.. We ofcourse Hate that John was written totally ooc, and then made to vanish. They REFUSE to write romance for the most romantic couple ever, Since they returned they made love 1 time only in 2011 (One of the most acclaimed romantic episodes in years) Cab delight, Strawberries, and a sexy Love Scene.. Frankly I prefer their lovemaking over any other couple on screen.. Others look raunchy, while J&M look romantic..
But my point is.. The writers ignored opportunities to write for them.. And Drake is attached to his character,so Im sure he despised the way he was written so OOC.. Regardless.. They are just ONE victim of the writers.. ALL Super Couples have been destroyed or tarnished...
And now they dont even show enough respect to write a decent, or ANY exit for Him,.. These writers have NOTHING to be proud of.. Again, I think the Emmy was a FLUKE ****
Just how I feel
Sure. Never said that Drake/John doesn't habe fans or that I was in majority group.
I know he has a huge following (which is baffling to me, but okay.. ). So don't take it personally. It was just my opinion. ;)

And I don't agree with you that vets HAVE to have stories. And that powercouples HAVE to have stories.

Not every vets is a good vet and not every powercouple is interesting. So yeah..
Im sorry if my anger came off bad, Didnt mean for it to, Im just so Upset with this.. :soapbox: :drunk: But I didnt mean that All Vets deserve story all the time.. But if a major couple is Torn apart some thought should go into it, especially if One is leaving.. Its not even about what THEY deserve, Its about what the FANS deserve.. If your Fav couple were treated this way, So Out of character Than one just vanished, You would prob be upset.. Any fan would have that right. If Peggy,Maggie, or Victor, or Stephano just took a plane and never came back with no reason, well .. Id be very upset.. They have paid their dues, and deserve better.. and so do the fans.
IMO :shrug:

Brycesmom

As a John and marlena fan for over 20 years I am absolutely appalled at the exit they are giving "John" !! I mean you bring our fav couple back in 2011 only to have them spend more time apart then together, totally destroy "johns" character with lousy writing ( no surprise days didn't win an Emmy for writing team) and now you have him off screen and days won't even give us an answer if drake's been fired or not...were left guessing. Now I read the spoilers for next week (drakes last air date) and he has scenes with Brady not even marlena. If you're gonna destroy our couple at least let the last scenes be together! They owe us fans that much for putting up with all this crap the last 2 years!! And i thought there exit in 2009 was bad, but this makes me livid! I really feel bad for drake...he did the best he could with the shitty writing he was given. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Days totally destroyed our favorite couples who we grew up watching and who made days what it is. The vets deserve better. I know they just lost another viewer as I am fed up with this show! :soapbox:

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jul 6 2013, 11:58 PM
LonePirate
Jul 6 2013, 05:37 PM
I highly doubt they would ever recast John... just as I don't think they would ever recast Bo. I would rather think that both characters are roaming the planet aimlessly then to see them recast lol.
They did recast Bo, with RKK, worst thing they ever did but I digress. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that kind of stupid mistake again, but this is Days...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply