Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with Ken Corday
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 04:32 PM (18,293 Views)
Ellie

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/the-ken-corday-interview-days-of-our-lives/2013/07/02/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Well guess its pretty much confirmed that Chandler is gone after December, and they are not recasting. Big loss, but Im hoping they find something suitable for Sonny. It is his time to shine in my opinion. I wish he would have asked about Drake.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jul 2 2013, 04:45 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I really hope the show does keep Freddie sans Chandler. He shouldn't be tied to him.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Nice, long interview with some spoilers.

Ha! We were right about "Jordan" being the name of CS's character based on the tweetpic of the script. I like that she's not going to be shoved front-and-center all the time right off the bat like so many new characters. Sounds like we are going to get a slow build for Jafe too which is good to hear.

So Will isn't being re-cast and the door is always open to CM. I wonder if that means Will and Ari leave town or if he's thrown in jail for EJ's shooting. It will be strange to have a character who seems so integral to the canvas leave. I'm pretty bummed about no Will.

EJ going darker is a welcome direction. I've been wanting Ejami to get some real angst and it sounds like they are going to have it. I like the idea of Ejami having to constantly work through trust issues despite the fact they love each other. That's appropriate for their characters.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Quote:

But, we are centering the show on the characters that people want to watch with a few new characters here and there, and the iconic ones that people still want to watch mixed in to introduce the news ones. That is very important when bringing a new character in. But our head writers, Chris Whitesell and Gary Tomlin, really deserve the kudos here. Itís been their vision since they came in over a year ago. It took a while to turn the boat a few degrees. But I agree. I am very excited about what I see on air, and very excited about what is coming up!

:glare:

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I might be reading into things that are not there, but Corday refers to the writers as Whitesell and Tomlin, in that order twice. Hmmm...

I found it very interesting how he describes his involvement, the producers, writers and Network in casting and story development. It is very illuminating. It is also very odd that Sony don't seem to be involved in the process. He also inadvertently admitted that he only read outlines and not scripts. He also didn't explicitly say if he watches the show lol.

TFP Ellie!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

If CS character's name is Jordan, then who the hell is Keera Baldwin?

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Corday you lost me at these comments:

Corday: Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal, James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work.

And this: (AS) It is a lot to do, but we and NBC make the sacrifices and cut the corners, so she doesnít ever seem to be missing from our show.

Please give her a break and let her be on the back burner. I beg you!
Edited by guessgirl, Jul 2 2013, 04:55 PM.

angie37
Member Avatar

No way should Freddie go just because Chandler has decided to call it quits. That's one of the show's most serious problems sometimes--building characters so that they can stand on their own instead of being part of a couple.

And seriously, Michael? Everyone wanted Ejami? Man, please :shame:
I spy a ship and a shipper... :teehee:

jam6242
Member Avatar

So they just realized that Hope needs something to do? And he's lumping Daniel and Jennifer in with Bo and Hope and John and Marlena? ^o)

six
Member Avatar

This all sounds good, except for the confirmation that CM is out. I hope JL's character is as great as she sounds, but tbh, what he says about her kind of reminds me of what he said about Melanie/MB, and she was insufferable early on. Well done to Days on keeping who JL is playing secret though, since she's clearly going to be related to someone on the show. That we still don't know who she is, even though she'll air tomorrow, is very impressive.

LOL at them carefully filming things so we never feel Sami's absence. Darker EJ sounds good, as long as darker Sami joins him on screen.
Edited by six, Jul 2 2013, 04:59 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I just wish that DR would get a chance to interview Corday, because Fairman really needed to ask the guy about fan favorites that have been marginalized and what he plans to do about that. Needless to say I don't agree with him on Ejami, but whatever... At least it looks like Ej will revert back to being an asshole... That is what he should be, he's so boring, it's not funny.... I'm wondering since he says Sami's trust is broken if he isn't somehow responsible for the blade going missing... Obviously it can't be totally about Ej taking Stef down if she ends up fucking him after they fight.

CM leaving is a huge loss for this show... They should think of a dramatic exit... His 'death' would open up so many stories for so many characters.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 2 2013, 05:04 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Quote:

MICHAEL:

Letís talk about James Scott and Alison Sweeney. Everyone wanted this couple, EJami, together on-screen romantically. Fans were so sick of them not being together

Michael, you need to stop. :glare:

You know damn well that isn't true. Stop feeding Korday false information, lol.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Panda Panda
Jul 2 2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:

But, we are centering the show on the characters that people want to watch with a few new characters here and there, and the iconic ones that people still want to watch mixed in to introduce the news ones. That is very important when bringing a new character in. But our head writers, Chris Whitesell and Gary Tomlin, really deserve the kudos here. Itís been their vision since they came in over a year ago. It took a while to turn the boat a few degrees. But I agree. I am very excited about what I see on air, and very excited about what is coming up!

:glare:
ummmm... I personally don't want to watch endless EJami & Fetch. Are the iconic characters people still want to watch are barely on!! Why don't Hope, Marlena, Victor, Justin, Adrienne, etc have their own stories?!
I don't like the current direction. It's more wash-rinse-repeat of stuff that's already been done, characters that have already been hogging airtime, and the addition of new characters without properly utilizing the ones that are already there & we know from experience can do a hell of a lot more than they're being given!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Jul 2 2013, 04:52 PM
Corday you lost me at these two comments.

Corday: Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal,James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work.

And this: (AS) It is a lot to do, but we and NBC make the sacrifices and cut the corners, so she doesnít ever seem to be missing from our show.

Please give her a break and let her be on the backburner. I beg you!
That is exactly what you're doing Cordry, and you need to stop it! The only type of gold they are is fool's gold.

Even more confirmation that the diva gets special treatment. How about you guys quit sacrificing for an actress who's shitty at acting and write good stories for everybody, especially the ones who actually CAN act believably.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 2 2013, 05:08 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Quote:

Not to say Bo is going to come back to town, and I donít know when, but Hope is an iconic character and needs her own meaty story.
NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!!!!!
Most people don't really want Bo back, at least not for the moment. Peter/Bo being gone allows for the writers to have Hope experience all sorts of things that she couldn't before. Of course, that requires a storyline and some sort of conclusion (even if only temporary) to Bope.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Bye Will :yahoo: :chee: :wave: :wave: farewell I never liked him.
so is this when we bring Matt Bomer Brian Back!
Edited by Ilovecandy, Jul 2 2013, 05:07 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Quote:

Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal, James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work. But of course, they cannot be happily after ever

Um, one of them can make it work. LOL

Really, AS has seniority but that doesn't mean she's god's gift to the soap world. A lot of her "acting" choices and her scenes are almost too unbearable to watch.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Jul 2 2013, 04:52 PM
Corday you lost me at these comments:

Corday: Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal, James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work.

Please give her a break and let her be on the back burner. I beg you!
Kenny... this is not the fucking Sami Brady show!!! Ali needs her turn to sit her ass down & let other people be in the forefront. At this point, i'll take EJami taking a month-long honeymoon if it means i can have some sort of mini break. The show will not implode if Sami isn't on for 4 weeks.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Even if Sami can't be shipped off to "Europe" Limbo land, at least provide a better balance between her screen time and the screen time of the other actors. And that doesn't mean a 20 second cameo every 7 episodes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply