Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with Ken Corday
Topic Started: Jul 2 2013, 04:32 PM (17,934 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Eh. Not his worst interview. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of Michael Fairman's though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dee-anne

Panda Panda
Jul 2 2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:

Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal, James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work. But of course, they cannot be happily after ever

Um, one of them can make it work. LOL

Really, AS has seniority but that doesn't mean she's god's gift to the soap world. A lot of her "acting" choices and her scenes are almost too unbearable to watch.
He obviously haven't been watching AS's scenes. He obviously has no idea what he is talking about. I had to laugh when I read 'you can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work.'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

Wow that was a lot of info.

I am so bummed about Chandler.

I can't wait for EJ to go darker, I would rather see this story for them than watch Sami get passed around some more.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Quote:

But, being the traditionalist on the show, and being the one producing it for over 30 years, I have to be careful. I constantly have to keep myself in check with the other producers and writers, that I am just not resting on my laurels and saying, “Well, I just want to see John and Marlena, Bo and Hope, and Jennifer and Daniel all the time.” When you do that, there is nothing that is refreshing for the audience.
i was about to cross Dan & Jen's name out of that list, but i realized that he just said that constant Fetch = nothing refreshing.
that said, people WANT to see John, Marlena, Bo, & Hope (or at this particular moment, non-Bo Hope). They don't need to constantly be romantically involved & going on dates or whatever, but people want to see them in stories, even if as main supports. KC needs to understand that there are people who watch solely for these iconic characters and enjoy watching them. We all get that they can't be leads forever, but that doesn't mean that we can't have something like John & Victor teaming up against Kate & EJ, or Marlena being back in her psychiatrist role and having people come to her for advice, or someone asking for Hope's assistance while they're investigating something, or hell, have Hope lose her job as a cop & have her find something else to do. (I personally loved the fact that post-prison Hope couldn't go back to being a cop & we had those fabulous Hope/Julie or Hope/Doug (i forget which) scenes where she didn't know what she was gonna do because being a cop is pretty much all she's known.) there are still so many minor, but meaty, stories that TPTB could give these iconic characters.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I love when Kennyboy gives these interviews so that posters can snark on what an out of touch moron he is. :popcorn: Good times!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

The mantle has to be passed from Stefano to EJ

Ugh, I still hate this storyline with every fiber of my being. They've screwed up the Stefano/EJ dynamic way too much in the past for EJ to successfully become the DiMera heir. I wish they spent time on rebuilding EJ as a DiMera, as Stefano's son, before they even attempted to have EJ overthrow Stefano.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
<3

Dear Chandler Massey. Please, do not leave DAYS! :'(

ShaneDOOLFan

Supergirlx2
Jul 2 2013, 05:06 PM
guessgirl
Jul 2 2013, 04:52 PM
Corday you lost me at these comments:

Corday: Without denigrating any of the other actors or putting them on a pedestal, James and Alison are extremely important amongst our top characters. They are gold. You can give Alison and James the phone book and they will make it work.

And this: (AS) It is a lot to do, but we and NBC make the sacrifices and cut the corners, so she doesn’t ever seem to be missing from our show.

Please give her a break and let her be on the back burner. I beg you!
Kenny... this is not the fucking Sami Brady show!!! Ali needs her turn to sit her ass down & let other people be in the forefront. At this point, i'll take EJami taking a month-long honeymoon if it means i can have some sort of mini break. The show will not implode if Sami isn't on for 4 weeks.
Exactly! One of the reasons this show is working for me is the fact that no one star or character is overly focused. There are several stories with most of the cast being used. That is why the show has improved in the past year and what they should continue to do. Even the current Sami storyline doesnt feel like a Sami only storyline as it is involving several other characters. Am I the only one who could care less about Rafe? Im not even sure a new character could make me really care for the character. The same for Daniel.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 2 2013, 05:11 PM
Eh. Not his worst interview. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of Michael Fairman's though.
I haven't been a fan of Michael Fairman's since post-Nelson/CC crap. CC went to MF and had him do an interview with her about "what happened" and he posted it without getting the other side of the story, or even a single comment from Kristian.
He's very much one of those "i show my personal bias" soap people. He definitely has his faves to interview & highlight.

jules

Panda Panda
Jul 2 2013, 05:14 PM

Ugh, I still hate this storyline with every fiber of my being. They've screwed up the Stefano/EJ dynamic way too much in the past for EJ to successfully become the DiMera heir. I wish they spent time on rebuilding EJ as a DiMera, as Stefano's son, before they even attempted to have EJ overthrow Stefano.
And don't forget we've thrown out Bo and John with the trash! I love when he says that fans keep saying they want to see Bope, J/M etc, but he doesn't seem to care. What would be the big deal about keeping them together at least.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Well, it's crystal clear, EJami is here now and maybe a few months to come but they will not last forever, so those who enjoy this couple can enjoy now and those who do not like this couple can look forward to that they will not stay far too long :)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 2 2013, 05:14 PM

I can't take EJ seriously as a successor to Stefano when he's being schmoopy with Sami (or anyone else).

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Panda Panda
Jul 2 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:

MICHAEL:

Let’s talk about James Scott and Alison Sweeney. Everyone wanted this couple, EJami, together on-screen romantically. Fans were so sick of them not being together

Michael, you need to stop. :glare:

You know damn well that isn't true. Stop feeding Korday false information, lol.
He fucking knows not everyone wants this couple. Judging by my twitter, the couple is more then hated. Corday is talking out of his ass. Nuts, I knew I shouldn't have read that article, anything Ej and Sami and Corday makes me cuss a blue streak. :flipoff: Coraday! This is not against any one person, except maybe Corday's nasty behind!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I was side-eyeing a few things in the interview, but I didn't hate it. Until the AS never leaving our sight remark.

But I'm all for evil EJ as long as he's competent!

ShaneDOOLFan

As much as it sucks that Chandler is leaving, I am glad the writers know a great deal in advance, which will hopefully give him a great exit. He will still tape for like almost half a year. Which is really like 10 more months of air time.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

At least we'll have Chandler until early-mid spring of next year.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Jul 2 2013, 05:19 PM
Well, it's crystal clear, EJami is here now and maybe a few months to come but they will not last forever, so those who enjoy this couple can enjoy now and those who do not like this couple can look forward to that they will not stay far too long :)
Just breaking them up won't solve the problems people have with this couple, nor the history, characters, everything else that was destroyed to force them.

Just like jamming J&J back together off screen didn't solve the problems people had with Dannifer and Jennifers treatment of Jack, before Matt was fired.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 2 2013, 05:28 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Quote:

They will tell me, “That may have worked ten years ago, Ken. But we really want to try this.” I would say, Michael, that 90% of the time their instincts are correct, and I back-off and I go, “OK. Let’s go for it!”
Kenny... STOP BACKING DOWN when it comes to what you want for iconic couples. If you want Hope to have a meaty story, tell TomSell to write one! If they tell you that they want to try having John sleep with Kristen & be an ass to Marlena for no really good reason, tell them NO next time!

michr544125

I am concerned that without a Will recast, Sonny is toast :'( . I do see them making Sonny more of a focus now but all still surrounds Will. As much as i'd like to stay optimistic they will keep Freddie around, I am having trouble picturing it.

Seems so dumb too announce exits so early. I know Casey is off air a a few months and whey I could care a less about him and Abby. Now same thing with Wilson.
Edited by michr544125, Jul 2 2013, 05:32 PM.

Ellie

Supergirlx2
Jul 2 2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:

They will tell me, “That may have worked ten years ago, Ken. But we really want to try this.” I would say, Michael, that 90% of the time their instincts are correct, and I back-off and I go, “OK. Let’s go for it!”
Kenny... STOP BACKING DOWN when it comes to what you want for iconic couples. If you want Hope to have a meaty story, tell TomSell to write one! If they tell you that they want to try having John sleep with Kristen & be an ass to Marlena for no really good reason, tell them NO next time!
Corday always casts himself as a character in these writing/direction meetings. Is he really? Do we really think he's sitting at the table with them for all of their decisions?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply