Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, July 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 3 2013, 07:05 AM (10,923 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

chinkybig

I don't remember this at all...someone please jog my memory
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Jul 3 2013, 07:18 AM
I don't remember this at all...someone please jog my memory
In Kate and Roman wedding that was last day of 2003 there was blood on the wedding cake and Kate blamed sami
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Kate and Roman's wedding! and Sami getting chocked! hee hee

I laughed so hard during this episode back in the day....by the end of the next episode Roman was dead and the serial killing story was in full swing...

Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

Kate and Sami, good times.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

sorry I can't help but see that and know it was Roman and Kate's wedding, and remember this great moment when Sami falls into Lucas' arms when she comes out of the bathroom after a confrontation with Nicole. Oh.....sigh.... :wub:

But this screencap makes me happy - can we get more of Kate doing that please? Or anyone? Marge? Adrienne? Any takers?
Edited by elci525, Jul 3 2013, 08:29 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

What I wouldn't give for a murder mystery right now - Who Killed Sami Brady?

Edited by jwsel, Jul 3 2013, 08:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Jwsel:May I ask why you don't like Sami?I think GT intends to make
Sami sweat even though she did a heroic thing by saving Rafe.I see how the writer is leveling out the playing field with
these beat downs and shootings.Oh well I guess he is just repairing
the show.I love the writing for Ejami.I know Sami would and she
has saved EJs.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 3 2013, 09:39 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

LMAO @ 6 :04 in the first video . These were the times I couldn't wait home to watch Days.......
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

Oh god daniel is on today
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jul 3 2013, 09:42 AM
how do you know that?

and second dammit :facepalm:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

Partnersincrime
Jul 3 2013, 09:45 AM
LovingDays
Jul 3 2013, 09:42 AM
how do you know that?

and second dammit :facepalm:
I checked the spoiler on soaps.com
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

With any luck, he's still in a towel...
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see Jen Lilley's character today. Hope she & JJ have lots of chemistry. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Hahahahahahahaha If we must endure SlamMe, then please can we get Kate to choke the bitch again? Or at least a good Marlena slap?
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Now I want to watch the Kaman wedding when I get home. Besides the scene where Kate walks out covered in blood I don't think I've seen the whole thing since it happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 3 2013, 10:53 AM
Now I want to watch the Kaman wedding when I get home. Besides the scene where Kate walks out covered in blood I don't think I've seen the whole thing since it happened.
My favorite part is when Sami opens her mouth to object and Philip and Lucas carry her out. Lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jul 3 2013, 09:34 AM
Jwsel:May I ask why you don't like Sami?I think GT intends to make
Sami sweat even though she did a heroic thing by saving Rafe.I see how the writer is leveling out the playing field with
these beat downs and shootings.Oh well I guess he is just repairing
the show.I love the writing for Ejami.I know Sami would and she
has saved EJs.
I could write volumes on why I don't like Sami, but the short answer is: (1) I find Ali Sweeney a mediocre actress who often phones in her scenes; (2) I despise how the character is inexplicably front and center in numerous storylines when far more interesting characters and better actors are backburned (and has been consistently in the forefront for years); and (3) I fail to understand why any man would actually be interested in Sami yet I have to endure her endless romantic couplings.

Once upon a time, Sami might have been an interesting character. She either could have been built up as a scheming, long-term villain who remained a thorn in the side of "heroes" like Carrie and Belle (and a newer generation of Bradys and Hortons). Or she could have been redeemed as a hardscrabble single mother who learned from her mistakes and built a life for herself and Will. Instead, she became this bizarre creature who somehow attracted every man in Salem for an endless merry-go-round of musical beds, popped out multiple children that she barely seems to care about, and became a miracle super-executive despite never obtaining an education or ever actually working. She also has committed numerous crimes without being punished and now I'm supposed to feel sorry for her for shooting a man in the back when she could have just shouted for him to stop.

I also find Sami symptomatic of where I think Days really went wrong in its development. It forgot that the great classic characters were not just romantic couples, but they were characters with individual identities and careers. It seems that since Sami moved to the forefront with the Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas storyline, every woman on the show's great aspiration has been to find a man, keep him through any means possible, and have his children. Nothing else seems to really matter.

Okay, maybe that wasn't so short. But I hope I gave you my answer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I see we've Magic Soap Time morphed into right before July 4th
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Well, all the July 4th decor is gaining traction - glad they making an effort this year
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic