Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, July 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 3 2013, 07:05 AM (13,780 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jul 3 2013, 12:20 PM
JJ is the best. I just hope this continues basically forever or until they decide to just split up Dannifer. That will really cement JJ as a favorite. I just worry about what's going to happen to cause him to give thanks and praise to Daniel Christ.
I love how manipulative JJ is. He's just a great liar. I hope he doesn't go good too quickly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh, I totally think Brent and Sonny used to hook up. They weren't in love or anything, but total friends with benefits. I know that he's not supposed to be a romantic threat, but still.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jul 3 2013, 12:27 PM
Wait what? Why does Sonny have so many old friends in Salem when we Justin/Adrienne raised him in Dallas and Dubai?
I like to imagine Sonny had a wide, hard-partying circle of friends during the Mar Dar months when we only saw him once a month.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Hello, Jen Lilley.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Daniel, you ARE the reason JJ is acting up. He's pissed that his mother replaced his father so soon after his death. Jennifer is doing the right thing, let her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

You know, it occurs to me that Daniel, perfectly perfect greaseball surgeon, has apparently never read Hamlet. Jack had most certainly read Hamlet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Jul 3 2013, 01:10 PM
Honeybees
Jul 3 2013, 01:03 PM
You know, it occurs to me that Daniel, perfectly perfect greaseball surgeon, has apparently never read Hamlet. Jack had most certainly read Hamlet.
Jack could likely identify with Hamlet, since he got ghostly visitations from both of his fathers. Daniel may have tried to read Hamlet but probably had to put it down because there weren't any pictures.
Soaps have their ups and downs and piss poor writing, but dammit, Jack's redemption arc was epic. Dare I say, even Shakespearean with its ghostly visits, monologues, protagonist tormented by regret, schemes, snark and actually deep theme: Jack wondering if being raised by Harper and sired by Duke meant he was destined to be evil. *sigh*

I hope JJ actually expands his repertoire of bad actions to things less self-destructive and more destructive to Daniel. And I really wish the writers would let Dan be the villain in the storyline. I know, they'll never have Jack's ghost visit JJ and tell him that Daniel set up the explosion that killed him so he could have Jennifer and then have JJ decide to investigate (while still being JJ) - but if they did, I would refrain from complaining about anything on the show for at least a year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic