Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cameraman in shot of Eric/Kristen video
Topic Started: Jul 3 2013, 11:24 PM (3,264 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Someone on another message board posted this...I don't remember seeing it discussed anywhere else, but if it has been, please delete this!!

It's the "extra" cameraman they use for hand-held shots, this one I guess to get an overhead shot of the bed, but he's accidentally in the shot from one of the main cameras.

Kristen, a drugged Eric, and "friend"...the "glamorous" life of a soap opera love scene :)

The legs belong to probably one of two cameramen...either John Boyd or Steve Clark, who it might more likely be, since he was an "extra" cameraman used the past few weeks...not normally in the credits.

Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, Jul 4 2013, 01:11 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Reminds me of the bloopers from Dark Shadows!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lol, I noticed it after a minute or so. Creeped me the hell out. xD

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Oh, dear. It's things like these that make me cringe. Unfortunately, I think they only get one take for everything. Isn't that why Louise Sorel had to improvise when a problem with her earring arose in a scene a few year's back? Does anyone else remember that?

Kenny
Member Avatar

This is the second bed scene blooper for Eileen Davidson.

Skip to 9:00.

blueskies
Member Avatar

someone brought it up in the gifs section :) it is very odd!

King
Member Avatar

So embarrassing! LOL.

Carly
Member Avatar

LOL, Nicole was right! That place really IS the Bates Motel! ;)

am103
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 3 2013, 11:24 PM
Ahh, that is so creepy! Lol it reminds me of those pictures where you're supposed to find the surprise creepy thing.

But DAMN, if Greg Vaughan isn't the FINEST man I've ever seen. That screen-shot of him is magnificent! :hail: :wub2: :rockon:

Ellie

Ok seriously, if that wasn't intentional (it wasn't, was it?), that's the type of thing someone should get fired over. Let's discuss how many people would have had to miss that:

1) Cameramen. Days recently got rid of some longtime cameramen; I wonder if that was the reason. It's part of the cameraman (or woman)'s job to look for things like that. Boom mic, boom mic shadow, even an error in a piece of paper on set, like a real estate deed with the wrong name. Their eyes are the viewers' eyes while filming.

2) Director and assistant director(s), who are looking at the shots on monitors and deciding which to use.

3) Editor(s), who piece together the final product.

4) Post-production people who, for example, add the sound cues (da-DUM when something ominous happens).

5) Not to mention any post-post production people such as promos and website admins.

NONE of these people noticed this? And before anyone says it was such a hot love scene, lol, these people look at so many of these... was this one really hotter than any of the hundreds (thousands?) over the years? I'm sure this is a casualty of the taping schedule (pressure to do things quickly and overlook errors, though if this had been caught I'm sure it would have been re-shot), and the new cameraman. Sigh.

cord08

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't see it. Where should I be looking?

james0479
Member Avatar

It's on the far left side by the bed. It's a dude in jeans and you can see the bottom part of his shirt. Once you see it, it's all you can see. Well, aside from Father Eric's banging ass.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

The first time I saw it, I jumped! Lol. It's eerie for some reason.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

It reminds me of the kid behind the curtain in Three Men an a Baby. That scene creeped me out!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Katie
@nbcdays @greg_vaughan @eileen_davidson hope the pants in the shot was just the cameraman! http://i42.tinypic.com/n6ul54.jpg lol #Bloopers

Eileen Davidson
@ker08 @nbcdays @greg_vaughan omg! was that from the air show? creepy!!!

Weegie

That is so bad. It did take me a minute to notice it but I think I was looking for a tiny glimpse(blooper) NOT a complete set of legs just standing there. And for some reason the cameraman looks like a giant. I still can't believe that it made it on air.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Jason47
Jul 3 2013, 11:24 PM
Someone on another message board posted this...I don't remember seeing it discussed anywhere else, but if it has been, please delete this!!

It's the "extra" cameraman they use for hand-held shots, this one I guess to get an overhead shot of the bed, but he's accidentally in the shot from one of the main cameras.

Kristen, a drugged Eric, and "friend"...the "glamorous" life of a soap opera love scene :)

The legs belong to probably one of two cameramen...either John Boyd or Steve Clark, who it might more likely be, since he was an "extra" cameraman used the past few weeks...not normally in the credits.

Posted Image
ROTF! When I watched that scene, I knew it was edited bc on the original one, Kristen didn't wave her hands. Haha.

ShaneDOOLFan

maybe its intentional? we dont know the plan fully. she could have had someone film too

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 4 2013, 09:03 AM
Ok seriously, if that wasn't intentional (it wasn't, was it?), that's the type of thing someone should get fired over. Let's discuss how many people would have had to miss that:

1) Cameramen. Days recently got rid of some longtime cameramen; I wonder if that was the reason. It's part of the cameraman (or woman)'s job to look for things like that. Boom mic, boom mic shadow, even an error in a piece of paper on set, like a real estate deed with the wrong name. Their eyes are the viewers' eyes while filming.

2) Director and assistant director(s), who are looking at the shots on monitors and deciding which to use.

3) Editor(s), who piece together the final product.

4) Post-production people who, for example, add the sound cues (da-DUM when something ominous happens).

5) Not to mention any post-post production people such as promos and website admins.

NONE of these people noticed this? And before anyone says it was such a hot love scene, lol, these people look at so many of these... was this one really hotter than any of the hundreds (thousands?) over the years? I'm sure this is a casualty of the taping schedule (pressure to do things quickly and overlook errors, though if this had been caught I'm sure it would have been re-shot), and the new cameraman. Sigh.
Days also has that "One take" policy so if there is any screw ups while filming it's not like they're willing to go back and reshoot. I firmly believe that's why we got to see the dancing extra a few months ago.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 4 2013, 11:24 AM
Katie
@nbcdays @greg_vaughan @eileen_davidson hope the pants in the shot was just the cameraman! http://i42.tinypic.com/n6ul54.jpg lol #Bloopers

Eileen Davidson
@ker08 @nbcdays @greg_vaughan omg! was that from the air show? creepy!!!
Katie
@eileen_davidson @nbcdays @greg_vaughan yes! from while Kristen was editing her video; it is a creepy shot! lol

Eileen Davidson (@eileen_davidson)
@ker08 @nbcdays @greg_vaughan someone's gonna get it! Lol!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply