Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cameraman in shot of Eric/Kristen video
Topic Started: Jul 3 2013, 11:24 PM (3,319 Views)
Ellie

Panda Panda
Jul 4 2013, 04:58 PM
Ellie
Jul 4 2013, 09:03 AM
Ok seriously, if that wasn't intentional (it wasn't, was it?), that's the type of thing someone should get fired over. Let's discuss how many people would have had to miss that:

1) Cameramen. Days recently got rid of some longtime cameramen; I wonder if that was the reason. It's part of the cameraman (or woman)'s job to look for things like that. Boom mic, boom mic shadow, even an error in a piece of paper on set, like a real estate deed with the wrong name. Their eyes are the viewers' eyes while filming.

2) Director and assistant director(s), who are looking at the shots on monitors and deciding which to use.

3) Editor(s), who piece together the final product.

4) Post-production people who, for example, add the sound cues (da-DUM when something ominous happens).

5) Not to mention any post-post production people such as promos and website admins.

NONE of these people noticed this? And before anyone says it was such a hot love scene, lol, these people look at so many of these... was this one really hotter than any of the hundreds (thousands?) over the years? I'm sure this is a casualty of the taping schedule (pressure to do things quickly and overlook errors, though if this had been caught I'm sure it would have been re-shot), and the new cameraman. Sigh.
Days also has that "One take" policy so if there is any screw ups while filming it's not like they're willing to go back and reshoot. I firmly believe that's why we got to see the dancing extra a few months ago.
It's not a hard and fast rule; I remember a JS interview where he said that they do 2nd takes very infrequently. Obviously if something goes very wrong, they'll do a second take, but I think the actors are encouraged to ad lib around forgotten lines rather than just pausing and starting over.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

ShaneDOOLFan
Jul 4 2013, 04:52 PM
maybe its intentional? we dont know the plan fully. she could have had someone film too
Based on Eileen's tweets, that's seeming less and less likely.

cord08

james0479
Jul 4 2013, 10:16 AM
It's on the far left side by the bed. It's a dude in jeans and you can see the bottom part of his shirt. Once you see it, it's all you can see. Well, aside from Father Eric's banging ass.
OMG! The contrast on my computer screen was making it difficult to see, but now I see it. Thank you!

That is pretty terrible. I thought it was maybe part of a leg or foot, not almost two whole legs! I have seen some pretty big bloopers on other primetime shows too, though, and they do multiple takes often. It happens...

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

I don't really see it as that big a deal. The angle the camera had to positioned at in order to get Eric and Kristen on the bed probably made it difficult to not show the crew member. Idk. :shrug:

Did it show up on the episode it aired or just when Kristen was editing the video?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

cord08
Jul 4 2013, 05:41 PM
james0479
It's on the far left side by the bed. It's a dude in jeans and you can see the bottom part of his shirt. Once you see it, it's all you can see. Well, aside from Father Eric's banging ass.
OMG! The contrast on my computer screen was making it difficult to see, but now I see it. Thank you!

That is pretty terrible. I thought it was maybe part of a leg or foot, not almost two whole legs! I have seen some pretty big bloopers on other primetime shows too, though, and they do multiple takes often. It happens...
i increased the exposure when i made the GIF. you probably can't notice it when watching it the way it was aired.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

OMFG that is sooo creepy lmao.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

james0479
The first time I saw it, I jumped! Lol. It's eerie for some reason.
It really is! Totally gives me the heebie jeebies looking at it!

chinkybig

Somebody's head will roll with this booboo.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I thin Kristen is going to end up pregnant for Eric.
I don't think Eric penetrated her,but sperm travel. :flipoff:

Graceland
Member Avatar

Kristen was banging the entire clergy.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

That's just horrible. I mean really... it's embarrassing.

elizhope
Member Avatar

Anyone have a link of the original scene as it aired? I behind on episodes, but Im curious how obvious it was in the scene in its entirety. Of course, now that I know its there Im sure it will be all I see lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply