Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday July 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 4 2013, 09:34 AM (10,807 Views)
Ellie

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Ok this looks familiar but who's Marlena all reflective over? Is it Grandpa Shawn? I just woke up so if there's an obvious answer, forgive me. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Morning! No, not Grandpa Shawn. John in 2007 after his funeral. I picked it cuz of the flag.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 4 2013, 09:54 AM
Morning! No, not Grandpa Shawn. John in 2007 after his funeral.
Ahhhh ok!! I guess I thought Grandpa Shawn because of the flag at the Brady Pub and everyone mourned him. When John died that time, it was such a moving funeral and a part of me hoped it was all real solely based on that funeral alone. Everyone did great work with those scenes!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 4 2013, 09:54 AM
Morning! No, not Grandpa Shawn. John in 2007 after his funeral. I picked it cuz of the flag.
:'(

Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Here's a look back at some Fourth of July's in Salem over the decades:

7/4/66: Tom, Alice, Tony, Julie, Laura, Rusty.
Sets: Ext. Apartment Building, Apartment Corridor, Tomís Office, Horton Kitchen, Tomís Study.

7/4/74: Tom, Alice, Mickey, Bill, Laura, Maggie, Mike, Addie (FBO).
Sets: Lauraís Den & Hallway, Horton Living Room, Farmhouse Kitchen.

7/8/83: Tom, Alice, Julie, Doug, Don, Marlena, Alex, Abe, Roman, Gwen, Eugene, Trista, Hope, Bo, Melissa, Nikki, Jane, Zoe, Nadine, Banjo Player, Guitar Player # 1, Guitar Player # 2.
Sets: Park, DiMera Living Room, Abe & Romanís Inner & Outer Office, Alexís Inner & Outer Office, Roman & Marlenaís Living Room, Jail Cell & Corridor, Chrisí Office Phone (Limbo).

7/4/94: Alice, Billie, Bo, Gina, Ivan, Jennifer, John, Kate, Kristen, Laura, Maggie, Marlena, Mickey, Mike, Peter, Roman, Victor, Vivian, Julie, Doug, Melissa, Kimberly, Bill, Shawn Douglas, Father Kyle, Dr. Layton, Dr. Grant.
Sets: Kiriakis Mansion, Hospital Corridor, Hospital Chapel, Horton Living Room, Ginaís Hospital Room & Corridor, Father Kyleís Office at St. Lukeís.

7/4/00: Belle, Brandon, Chloe, Craig, Jan, Jason, Kate, Lucas, Mimi, Nancy, Philip, Sami, Shawn, Victor, Gene, Strip Club Manager, Limo Driver/Sebastian, Strip Club Waitress/Jackie, Man # 1, Man # 2, Man # 3, Teen Boy # 1/Clyde, Teen Boy # 2, Teen Boy # 3, Teen Girl.
Sets: Strip Club, Kiriakis Mansion, Victor's Office & Titan Reception Area, High School Gym, Limo.

7/4/11: Maggie, Hope, Bo, Roman, EJ, Nicole, Melanie, Brady, Chad, Will, Gabi, Abigail, Adrienne, Justin, Maxine, Kinsey, Theo, Ciara, Johnny.
Sets: Brady Pub, Brady Pub Bedroom, Cheatin' Heart, DiMera Mansion, Lawyer's Office, Maggie's Kitchen, Warehouse, Dance Floor/White Limbo; ON LOCATION: Hollywood Sign/Santa Monica Mountains.

And, take a moment to watch this fun ending to "Days" from July 4, 1983:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoIPljC772I
Edited by Jason47, Jul 4 2013, 10:01 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh Gosh! Now I fully remember. Thank you for posting that clip. Deidre Hall is such a powerhouse. She captures every sense in a minute... Hearing, sight, sound, smell.....she shows haunting, loss, joy, passion, hurt. When she sits on that chair and just sobs, you feel every breath. While I love certain characters, Days has long made a mistake of bringing people back from the dead because it can cheapen scenes like these over time. But in this moment, Marlena had lost John forever and Deidre played it like the legend she is!
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

7/4/94 sounds like a good show to me!!! I love when you post these things Jason! You are a legend yourself! Happy 4th my friend!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Deidre got robbed of an Emmy nom in 2008 after her heartbreaking portrayal of Marlena losing the love of her life John. Gods everything surrounding John's "death" in 2007 was so moving and fitting for his character. A far cry from what we are getting today. I remember tearing up over the good-bye scene with Bo with Bo telling John he didn't think he could fight the DiMeras without "his brother" by his side.

Is Days a new episode today? I know GH isn't showing a new episode until tomorrow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Word!!! Deidre was robbed and she's been robbed before. So has Kristian Alfonso with the death of Zach. Yes today is a new show :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 4 2013, 10:16 AM
Is Days a new episode today? I know GH isn't showing a new episode until tomorrow.
Yes, new shows all this summer. Only preemption for the next 4 months is on Labor Day.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

during my time away (EJ was getting on my last nerve so I left for several years minus a couple days here & there)...i don't remember this at all. I remember nuJohn with no memory & Taylor (or whoever her other character's name was).

How did John "die"?
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

In a hit and run orchestrated by Stefano.

This story was some of DHer's best work.
Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Awesome work by Dher...seriously amazing...I was in tears during these scenes
Online Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Thanks for the update on Days pre-emption schedule!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jul 4 2013, 10:41 AM
In a hit and run orchestrated by Stefano.

This story was some of DHer's best work.
Wasn't it Andre, not Stefano?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 4 2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the update on Days pre-emption schedule!
Don't forget, the airdate schedule is always available on this page of my site: http://www.jason47.com/days/airdateschedule.html

And, the historic episode guide index for every episode is available here: http://www.jason47.com/days/episodeguideindex.html
Edited by Jason47, Jul 4 2013, 11:47 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ugh. We open on Fetch. And Daniel being an asshat.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Fetch, ugggh.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

So far I'm annoyed by Theresa.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic